Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [MDT][R4] Masterwork Dwarf Therapist - Bug reports, Discussions and Suggestions.  (Read 24300 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

is this a custom build or custom ini setting version of dt?

I have 20.6.3 cont version built from here
https://code.google.com/r/splintermind-attributes/source/list

and the exec (using winmerge) looks considerably diff than the version I build on windows, which might be a pointless tool to compare exec's
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:20:42 pm by thistleknot »

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Latest DT (20.6.4) branch plus Modified game_data.ini and default_gridviews.dtg
I suppose you could just copy & paste those two files and it would still work.

We pack it all together so people can not mess it up.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:26:17 pm by JodGap »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

thx, glad to see it's not branching out.

btw:
you might want to invert immoderation

and you might want to set master hero labors to true vs false
ex
93/can_assign_labors = true

as the enabled tweaks in mw allow for this.

Update:
I replaced the exec with the one I did, and it opens a completely diff grid view...

that doesn't make any sense.  I renamed your exec, put mine in, and mine looks like vanilla gridview
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:29:30 pm by thistleknot »

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@thistleknot
For exec problems and internal code speak directly in the Splinterzz thread, because i know nothing about it.

I will check into the Master fighters being enable to perform labors. Where do you say is that tweak explained in Masterwork? (Documentation o button?)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look at the dfhack.init.
Its one of the tweaks thats enabled.

Update:
you know what, I can't recall exactly which one it is, but I do know mwmod does allow one to enable labors on the heros.  if I have to I'll upload my dfhack.init

Update.
Its a patched exe fix

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6741
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:23:06 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i like your modded dt for mwmod
but you took out the noble roles from the gridview, I'm having to switch when I re-assign nobles (after massive combats)

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In vanilla Therapist the Noble Roles are 5, Bookkeeper, Broker, Chief Medical, Leader/Manager and Lawdwarf.
They are on the Roles tab only, and them are not Labors, so you can not asign nobles from Therapist.

In Masterwork Therapist The Noble Roles are 9, Bookkeeper, Broker, Chief Medical, Leader/Manager, Lawdwarf, Public Speaker, Negotiator, Psychiatrist and Bard.
They are on the Social tab only, and them are not Labors, so you can not asign nobles from Therapist.

To asign a dwarf to be a Noble you have to do it manually, from within the game in the Nobles menu.

Please correct me if i am wrong, i have never used an option like that in Therapist before.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nm. Didnt know about the social tab. Ur right no assignment in dt.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch

In Masterwork Therapist The Noble Roles are 9, Bookkeeper, Broker, Chief Medical, Leader/Manager, Lawdwarf, Public Speaker, Negotiator, Psychiatrist and Bard.
They are on the Social tab only, and them are not Labors, so you can not asign nobles from Therapist.

To assign a dwarf to be a Noble you have to do it manually, from within the game in the Nobles menu.
i thought there may have been a bug so i checked and i'm pretty sure the only new nobles in MW are actually the psychiatrist and the overseer. positions like bard and public speaker certainly don't show up as nobles.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

To assign a dwarf to be a Noble you have to do it manually, from within the game in the Nobles menu.
i thought there may have been a bug so i checked and i'm pretty sure the only new nobles in MW are actually the psychiatrist and the overseer. positions like bard and public speaker certainly don't show up as nobles.
Thats correct, Bard and Public Speaker is simply the renamed social skills of Flatterer and Comedian.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile

The diplomacy labor is missing from the labor tabs.  Couldn't get my dwarf to work the embassy until I used the Vanilla method of setting labors.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

when is this getting the melee/ranged dwarf's into the military tab?

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

R4 is out.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61917600/MasterworkDwarfTherapist_R4.zip

## 09 Nov 2013 MDT R4
Updated to 20.6.6
game_data.ini: Removed over 3000 duplicated entries
Military: Added Melee (removed Military), Ranged, Magic and Hunter roles (thanks thistleknot)
Military-Alt: Found a bug with Siege Engineer, Ambusher and Blowgunner being empty (Not fixed)
Labors: Added Diplomacy labor (thanks Billy Jack)

bleekmiddel

• Bay Watcher
  • who are you gonna call? DWARF FORTRESS!!!!!!
    • View Profile

How do you make dwarf therapist randomise jobs

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure randomising is the right word, but this video covers everything you need and then some: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz_6hMZahU4
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5