Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Warring Tribes(An adventure with a realistic approach and lucky dice)  (Read 9241 times)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
Re: Warring Tribes(An adventure with a realistic approach and lucky dice)
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2013, 04:51:21 pm »

Name : Harvey ( Patrick Hunt ) (X:30 Y:20)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Name(forum name): D'nath(draco1234) (X:30 Y:20)

Name : Elleanor Baskerville(Kansa) (X:30 Y:20)

Name: Dewboy (X:30 Y:20)

You head westwards into the forests. Among the treeline you four find the tracks the farmer's were speaking of. Those were some fairly large paw prints. It's walking patterns were strange as well. You head into the woods, some blood leads into a trail and a small  den was crafted, though large enough you could fit into it. From the den you can hear a roar. That was no regular wolf. Clawed arms grab the walls on the outside. An indigenous wolfwoman had come out. With a loincloth and nothing else, she walked towards you four growling with her claws outstretched. She suddenly sprints to the frontline melee's suprise!

Wolfwoman
+4 speed +1 strength

Reactionary shooting/throwing object shots-
Harvey 5 v 6 Drawing an arrow, you barely miss her torso.
D'nath 3 v 6. You throw your javelin as the wolfwoman runs towards your front line, and you miss wide.
Elleanor Baskerville 3 v 6. With a throw, you miss just as much as D'nath.

Because the archer and the throwers were a little behind, she gets in close to Dewboy who is at the frontline with his Axe. She aims for a quick bite to his throat (2) She misses and dewboy pushes her away with the shaft of the axe. With your speedy foe now pushed aside for the moment, you all have a chance to fight. (Remember to aim where you want your strike to go. Reactionary shots are always a versus as they are far away and can dodge more easily. If you want to keep your thrown items in the future, equip your spears and wear your javelin.)

Name: Maximyth (Maxinum McDreich) (X:30 Y:21)

Heading to the chief's hut, you see him and his two guards discussing some things with the village folk. When you approach, he speaks. "Why have you come young one?" You explain that you'd like to take on the trade route job. He looks at you. "It is simple... really. I need you to go up north and speak to the Elven town's leader up there. They are the nearest town and have materials we need. It will help our economy from all our excess sheep. I need you to tell them where we are, and to help us build a bridge across the river. That way we can trade easy, and be able to help. Though you will need to tell them of why we are there. Don't screw it up young one." He looks around. "These people have been your family. Your friends. Tell them wrong, and a war could kill us all. Now the most difficult part would be swimming across the river. There may be a Fishman or perhaps some large river snakes. It is always a possibility. But we need this. Come back to me for your reward. Won't be much, but I think a young one like you could use it. But you won't get to see it until you get back."

He waves you away now. They were northwards. Need to trade with the wool. Simple enough. May be some danger in the river.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 05:14:34 pm »

Keep shooting at her.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2013, 05:22:51 pm »

take a short swing at her center of mass (chest). Not enough of a swing to over extend myself to a counter-strike, but enough to do damage.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2013, 05:27:42 pm »

Aim a spear thrust at her legs, hoping to cripple her.  (If we take away her speed advantage, it should be easier.)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2013, 05:42:12 pm »

Taking her spear in hand Eleanor aimed a jab towards the creature's torso
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2013, 10:26:29 pm »

((Ouch. I'm totally timezone'd. Well..I guess later is better than never?))

-Establish a trade route with our neighbors to the north, up the stream. Chief Dojun's handwriting is on this. No pay is marked.

It was another day in the village and I had little to do on the morning. The children were busied by their frolics of their time, and I in my profession was only lucky to have chanced on this find. Helping out the Chief in this situation would probably be a boon to the village, as well as a test of interrelations between the neighboring villages.

Despite the vagueness of the note, I took the job and proceeded to the Chief's hut for more information.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2013, 07:36:24 am »

((No worries, if someone takes a quest from you, there is always other ways to make money. Quests and Jobs like these are meant to affect the world. And you can do different things that affect the world within these quests. Some may look generic, and while they are already fighting it. If the group that was fighting the werewoman were evil beyond all belief they could of bought or stole a sheep, cut it up, put the pieces straight into town and fairly much lured a monster into the unsuspecting townsfolk. But there is easy ways to make money, simple hunting and selling of the carcasses, and if you want to take a chance and have a knife, you can hidework and sell furs and the meat separately for a little more cash. Though prices vary around as the markets exchange in established trades.))

Tiruin (X:30 Y:21)

You walk to the short little stub of a man you call your chief, and as usual, he sighs when he sees someone approaching him with reason. You ask about the job and he responds. "I already gave the job to someone else. If you want to try and race him for a prize, go ahead. It isn't that much. I need to establish a trade from our sheep to the Elven town up north. The other young one has a head start on you if you want to get that done however. I need you to tell them where we are for trade and what we have to trade. Convince them. You can talk to the leader there which would be easier." He has trouble thinking for a moment. "You could always talk to the merchants themselves and let them know, but that might take a little more time, but you wouldn't have to get permission." He scratches his beard and the short man looks up at you. "Get it done, and then you get my prized possession. You ain't gonna know what it is until it is done and I hear back from yah."

Name : Harvey ( Patrick Hunt ) (X:30 Y:20)

Name(forum name): D'nath(draco1234) (X:30 Y:20)

Name : Elleanor Baskerville(Kansa) (X:30 Y:20)

Name: Dewboy (X:30 Y:20)

Backline attacks! - Patrick takes a shot at the wolf woman, aiming for the torso because he really can't seem to decide where else to go for. (1) And he misses the shot. She was quite a large target.

Frontline attacks! - Dewboy in its face aims to the chest (4) and hits it. Her muscle absorbs the iron into her chest. You have some difficulties prying it out and manage to back away as she begins to stand back up, blood marking the ground.

Secondline attacks! - D'nath took a stab at her legs to cripple her speed. (3) The wooden tip pokes into her leg and she lets out a roar. It wasn't exactly crippled, and you weren't able to do too much more. However she is slower now. (-1 speed to foe)

Eleanor Baskerville takes a stab right for the creatures already open wounds. (6 Critical) Your spear hits her right in what you would assume where her heart would be. The monster screeches.

The wolf woman grabs Eleanor after that stab. She throws a dying attack! (6 critical) She bites into Eleanor's arm. The crushing teeth break your arm, its going to be hard to handle a two handed weapon like a spear (Two-handed melee Attack -2).

Eleanor has been infected with the wolf-person virus. Unlike their cousins the werewolves. This virus is a permanent change. However most wolf-people are not actually stupid. It seems this one simply grew up in the wild. You will maintain your thought. You gain a healing factor for light wounds. However the strange ligaments on your legs will make it so you can not wear leg armors unless they are specifically designed for you. And you can only eat meat as a carnivore. Or if you are looking for a cure, you could always talk to the Chief. He generally knows some cures.

In your general shock however, your form changes constantly to those around you. Trying to make a decision about the situation. It wasn't life or mentally threatening. But it was a change you may not want. A change that would change who you are. If you don't get a cure, the transformation would complete and in a little longer, you would no longer be able to cure it.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2013, 07:43:13 am »

(( Bite me, bite me, bite me, bite me, bite me. I want to be a wolf person lol I just decided what I'm going to do in this game.

I'm guessing we can carry out minor actions like washing and splinting for free? It's not exactly something you can really fail. ))

Harvey walks over to Elleanor picking up several sticks along the way then using his water bottle he washes out the bite and binds it in a strip of his clothing then splints it with the sticks binding them with another few strips of clothing.

" You'll need to get that looked at soon or you might get a less awesome infection. Would you mind infecting me? Your bite should carry it now and the gifts of being a wolf person would come in handy for what I intend. "

Search the den. Take her body with me.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 09:10:45 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2013, 08:37:26 am »

"Good stab there Elleanor, shame you got bit. Plz keep your weird wolf virus away from me. Oh, and be careful, some people might not like the look of a wolf person. Now we need some thing to prove our victory.
Skin the carcass for its hide, claws, and teeth(being extremely carefull with these). Then search the den for any goodies. Return to village after these tasks.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:57:09 am by dewboy »

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2013, 08:42:41 am »

"Woah, woah!  What the hell are you doing, skinning that woman?  She's not just some unthinking beast to be butchered for meat!"

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2013, 08:54:41 am »

"Your right, I forgot that she might have been turned like Elleanor. Should we... bury the body or something? or make a funeral pyre?
Don't skin the body, but check the den all the same. Participate in any funeral arrangements if we agree on something.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2013, 09:00:33 am »

"That's ok.  Just be careful in the future.  I'll help you search the den if you want."

Help to search the den, then head back to the village.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2013, 09:20:36 am »

Elleanor felt panic set in as she stared down at her wound. She did not want to become like that creature, to become distrusted and feared. Her fear quickly turned to disbelief however as she heard Harvey's request.

"You actually want to be infected with this thing? I suppose I could but are you sure? I doubt even the people in our village would accept you if you became a creature like that"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2013, 09:27:28 am »

" I have no intention of remaining in the village, theres adventures to be had and wars to be fought. I'm going to make a few good friends and get rich in them. The kind of speed and durability she had will come in handy. Besides I was never accepted before what difference would it make to me now? Why do you think I spent so much time out hunting? "
Caine's law.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2013, 09:30:44 am »

[Unconventional actions against linearity, go!]

A deed for an item. Impressive. That would always be the note where one would trade for. Time for compensation, if that were the case.

"I will follow, chief, and find the man you sent--I'll aid him along, and perhaps we'll both learn from the deed."

I am a seeker of knowledge. Not an heirloom of our leader.

Tarry forth! Hound the man who the chief has sent and shadow his movements. If possible, try to look ahead and head to the destination.

[Yes I'm very familiar with literary notions and tricks. C'mon, play along. :P]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14