Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Warring Tribes(An adventure with a realistic approach and lucky dice)  (Read 9227 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Warring Tribes(An adventure with a realistic approach and lucky dice)
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2013, 09:12:46 am »

Seeing the other woman's reply, I apparently turned towards Max and asked him in a hushed tone. "She's threatening us from the other side of a river. . .and has a sword. I'm not even captive at all. And I'm pretty sure we can outrun her given the space between us being this river.

"...Also it's kinda weird. She's asking for supplies-food and water, and boasts a hostage threat. Must be in turn for something bigger."

I narrowed my eyes and looked shiftily at Max. Surely she wasn't being that daft. Or did she consider herself more of a 'female' then I was? "Are you really going to get that kiss?" I mean, really. That's a low trick.

The choice lies with Maxinum McDreich!

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2013, 10:08:41 am »

(she's walked on the water, she's almost certainly a lot closer now than before... and since she raised her short sword semi-threateningly, she must be close enough to use it)

Maximyth was... well dumbfounded. Completely.
''W-w-wa-...'' One thing after another left him speechless. First, he thought she was an elf from the village, turns out she's a bandit... What she was asking was... weird. Well, weird as in, she's threatening him to be a errand boy... then the kiss out of nowhere. His poor mind didn't know what to think. Then he gets Tiruin asking if he's going to get that kiss!

He didn't know whether to feel popular or outright terrified.

''I... uhh... I... Wait...'' He took a breath, though his voice would remain a little shaky. ''L-let me get this straight. Y-you're asking me t-to accept money FROM YOU and buy you supplies with YOUR MONEY? And y-you want to keep Tiruin with you whilst I do it, and offer a rewar- er... uhm...'' Well he didn't really mean to call the kiss a reward. ''Uhm... and offer a kiss at the end? Is that right?''

He says that to confirm that this is what this bandit is actually asking.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2013, 05:49:43 pm »

Name: Maximyth (Maxinum McDreich) (X:31 Y:21)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin (X:31 Y:21)

The elf chuckles sincerely, and a sincere smile comes across her face for once by the shyness of Max. However she goes back to business soon enough. Responding to Max. "You got that correct hun. That and I won't have to murder you for your clothes, food, money and whatever else you have. Or you could fight a magically trained warrior bandit, that is currently worth money for a reason." She smiles at you, though it was more likely a motive to intimidate you. She now give a little pout. "C'mon sugar, a girl's gotta eat at some point." She gives the occasional glace to Tiruin. Though she seems to be looking not at her eyes.. but... her chest? Almost as if she wanted Tiruin to see. She gives an almost pitiful looking smile for a moment.

Name: Dewboy (X:30 Y:20)

Walking the trail given. You encounter not a wolf. You aren't sure what it is. It has button-like eyes and an almost anteater like snout. Though it is currently using it to... suck the juices out of a slime. Its green button eyes look up at you, it's wolf-like ears turning as it hears the sound. You try thinking for a moment to remember the name of the creature. They didn't tend to even get close to settlements. Ponch Dogs, you recall, they such liquids out of creatures such as slimes and creatures mostly made out of protein liquids. If hungry enough they have been known to go after sentient creatures and get their blood. Though they tend to try and stay away. It's lithe body stands to all fours, dog like tail drooped behind it, it takes its snout out of the slime. Green eyes looking towards you. It's bluish fur almost makes you think of a tiny elephant if it weren't for the dog-like paws.

Name : Elleanor Baskerville(Kansa) (X:30 Y:21)

You recall the clinic is looking for... test subjects, and probably with some effort you could convince the good doctor to let off your debt along with the pay if you were talked him into it.

As you look around for other choices, there is always the inn, and you could try your luck gambling with Poker.

You could always go hunting and bring back the body for money. Good work in that.

You could also try and steal. Though being Sneaky enough will be hard.

I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2013, 06:39:33 pm »

"aww, your kinda cute.

Kneel down and look non-threatening. Hold out hand for it to sniff. Don't totally let my guard down, if it appears angry, wrestle is into submission and try to knock it out.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2013, 01:21:27 am »

(she's walked on the water, she's almost certainly a lot closer now than before... and since she raised her short sword semi-threateningly, she must be close enough to use it)
((That's..what, a few feet away that we can clearly see everything in detail? >_> Ain't that too obvious for us to engage our fight or flight response?

...Or that she just walked up with a sword as we stood entranced?!))
He didn't know whether to feel popular or outright terrified.
((Oh you. XD))

I kept my composure and focus on Max. He was young, but..needed a bit of guidance. The note that he had an axe was probably also a factor, but that didn't come across me at the time. "...Magic? I-we've never heard of you, miss. Nothing at all on notoriety or such." I said as I clasped my hands behind my back, whispering another note to Max. "Please tell me you're good with that thing if the worst comes down to this. I don't like the look she's giving me, and I know naught on combat other than something my mother told me when I was a little lass.

"May the Gods watch over you, Max. You are protected in whatever you choose, now. Don't give in to her."

Raising her voice, she spoke to the bandit while ensuring that Max was protected. "Why don't you join us, then? If basic commodities are all you'll need, then why keep up the facade of threat and danger?"

Magic Shield on Max~
And then inquire @bandit!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:25:34 am by Tiruin »

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2013, 05:20:52 am »

((Sorry, I was away yesterday.))

Bang my spear on the side of the cart to distract the aim of the bandit with the gun, so that it doesn't accidentally go off and hit the merchant's daughter when Harvey shoots him.  Then leap out of the cart, throwing my javelin at the one with the sword, before readying my spear.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2013, 08:10:08 am »

Name : Harvey ( Patrick Hunt ) (X:30 Y:20)

Name(forum name): D'nath(draco1234) (X:30 Y:20)

With a loud clack from D'nath, the men look, expecting the merchant. (2+1+1 v 1) The arrow strikes true. Right through the throat. However the men there are now only distracted by the dead man. With this, D'nath hopped out of the caravan. A quick throw (1 v 1). The man uses his sword to hit it away from him and now the two men rush towards D'nath!

The first angrily swings at your neck (3) and you somehow manage to duck the blade, the second one goes for a stabbing motion to the chest(1) and he fails terribly, using your now drawn spear you manage to push him down and get away. Now you can fight back.

It's large eyes look at you. It had just fed, and you offered it nothing. Beginning to back away slowly. Rather than aggressive, it seems it is about to run away. Some moments after staying still, it moves towards you finally. Its long snout sniffs at your hands, you could feel its warm breaths. It seems the mouth also acted as a breathing and smelling function. Which makes you question how it breathes when it eats. It doesn't come to you really, but it just smells you. It was close now.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2013, 08:19:16 am »

Deciding the best option would be to go hunting Elleanor headed off into the woods
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2013, 08:34:47 am »

Harvey stays low waiting patiently for one of the enemies to attack D'bath then springs up to shoot the enemy while he's distracted and before he gets close enough to swing aiming for his back to hit a vital spot and knock the enemy onto the waiting spear.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 08:37:16 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2013, 09:58:53 am »

Jump out and try to wrestle the thing into submission.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2013, 11:07:26 am »

Wait for them to charge, then try to impale the nearest with my spear.  If i'm successful in this, but the spear gets stuck in the body, let go of it rather than attempts to pull it out, and instead grab a javelin and use it as a makeshift spear.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2013, 01:52:46 pm »

Great, now he was feeling a tug of war between the girls. Still, as SOME of his senses were still around, he trusted Tiruin a lot more, but trusted his gut the most. This elf was dangerous, better armed and armoured and had magic.
''Might be wise to play along...'' Maximyth whispered to Tiruin. ''Her threats are bad, but her actual request is not.''

All the same, the only question Maximyth had was what Tiruin had already asked, so waited for a reponse.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2013, 06:58:18 pm »

Bump.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2013, 02:50:40 pm »

((I'm alive I swear))

Name : Harvey ( Patrick Hunt ) (X:30 Y:20)

Name(forum name): D'nath(draco1234) (X:30 Y:20)

Patrick aims for the main torso (3) and the hit strikes into the lower back. The man is not able to attack and D'nath has an advantage.
D'nath aimed for the bulk of the body(3) and he impales the man who had just been shot. If you hadn't thrown your javelin in the start you would of had it. You go to grab it while the two attack your arm and torso repsectively. (1) (2) Dodging both you grab the javelin and put it back. You still have your spear.

You attempt to lock it into a wrestled position. (3 v 6) It eludes your grasp and you try once more as it turns around (4 v 3) You manage to grab its legs while it starts to head the other way. It attacks your arm! (2) You manage to keep yourself steady and hold on. Sleeper hold applied. (1 v 1) It struggles in your arms but it can't get out. (2 v 4) It manages to slip a bit. (3 v 1) You tighten the hold and go back to choking it. (2 v 6) It struggles hard once more and begins to get out of your grasp. (3 v 1) It can't manage to sustain it and you wrestle it some more. (5 v 6) It struggles out once more and (2 v 3) manages to get loose and feels you are a threat, It is hostile and attacks once more! (6) With a shattering attack to your arm you watch almost in horror as the long snout penetrates your arm, going through it. Its teeth at the end of the abnormally hard snout bite at your face as your blood is only stopped by the fact it is stopping the flow. Your bone is sticking out at the ends, broken clear in half by the stone-like snout.

It pulls out and growls at you, your blood pours down from your arm. You are severely wounded.

Name: Maximyth (Maxinum McDreich) (X:31 Y:21)

Tiruin (X:31 Y:21)

She looked at Tiruin. Her eyes grow dull. "Because society is the thing that will kill you. You going to help me or am I going to be killing a couple of country bumpkins?" Her eyes are dull and she is no longer amused. Her sword raises. "Will you help me, or shall I sell your bodies to the goblins to devour? Time is money."

Name : Elleanor Baskerville(Kansa) (X:30 Y:21)

Headed off into the local woods, you hope to find game. (6) You manage to track something successfully. You even manage to see that it was left by a two-legged creature, bird-like feet. However no signs of flight. A large and by the depth of the mark, a fat one indeed.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2013, 05:32:30 pm »

(( Only 1 enemy left now right? It was 3 and I throat shotted the first 1, we double teamed the second. ))

Wait for D'nath to move then shoot the last enemy in the torso aiming for the spine.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14