Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: The Glass Halls - Lack of Interest  (Read 9969 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 2
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2013, 05:32:07 am »

Hm. Crawl about, then. Get a feel for the room, try to match it up with memories. Think about the layout of the place - after all, I probably worked around here.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2013, 05:51:37 am »

Look around for some kind of exit, tinkering around with the datapad in the meantime. Maybe it has some useful information on it.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2013, 06:59:26 am »

Walk around, meet new people. Then shout at them.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2013, 07:02:41 am »

Well, shoot. Land near the light, knife at the ready in case it's an enemy or some sort of wild beast.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Oglaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2013, 11:55:31 am »

Inspect the object that landed on the wall near me. Make sure not to get killed if it's something dangerous. If or once the threat is gone, inspect that little rounded piece of metal. Try to the best of my ability to see if there is anything that could resemble warning stripes on it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2013, 12:28:18 pm »

Sorry for the delay, but...

Well, shoot. Land near the light, knife at the ready in case it's an enemy or some sort of wild beast.

((You've already landed on the wall close to the light. It's implied that the light is Abram's wrench.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2013, 04:45:29 pm »

Sorry for the delay, but...

((You've already landed on the wall close to the light. It's implied that the light is Abram's wrench.))
Okay, then: Move closer to the light, knife at the ready.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 1
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2013, 12:39:44 am »

Turn 4
Tower Status: Roaming

Abram determined that the lip in the wall was about two meters across, and the plate over it was roughly part of a sphere, if it was continuous past the edges. There was a rectangular section cut out of the bottom of the lip, "bottom" in this case meaning closest to the intended floor of the structure.

Abram looked up and angled the wrench such that the light shone on the object that had landed above him. He expected it to be a weapon of sorts that had just missed his head, but it was actually a person, wielding a patterned blade ready to strike!

Tiberias tried to get closer, but he couldn't crawl along the ground since his boots were the only magnetic equipment he wore. He clumsily walked across, realizing that if whatever the light came from was going to attack him, he would have a hard time defending his feet.

Upon closer inspection, the light came from some sort of device, and from its dim blue glow he could see the outline of a person holding it in his hand.

Guy heard some noise coming from the place Mr. Light had gone. More friends!

He started walking but tripped on his boot, causing him to swing downward over his feet and land on something soft... and human-shaped.

--

Neil brushed away the rest of the pasty coating off of his datapad and used it as a flashlight to illuminate the surrounding area. He was in a cubical chamber, about ten or so meters across, with two rounded exits on either side. The walls were lined with gratings, although one of them was damaged--there was a body with a blow torch still in hand leaning against the wall next to it, its clothes and goggles absolutely covered with thick paste. The room's ceiling held a large circular structure with interlocking plates arranged in a radial pattern. All of the features of the room had a reflective metal surface to which his magnetic boots clung.

He heard soft rumbles coming from either doorway. They weren't constant, but started and stopped occasionally. The rest of the room was quiet, and it was littered with about eight bodies, some of which had weapons, tools, and gear.

Spoiler: Datapad Navigation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Datapad Message 1 (click to show/hide)

--

Toom heard the footsteps again--two sources, actually, one much softer than the other. One of the sources was moving around on the walls before moving back onto the floor again. It was probably another survivor hit with a more severe case of amnesia.

Toom focused on his immediate surroundings, however, crawling around and keeping his eyes tightly closed to help ease the pain. He had forgotten the specifics of what he and the others were doing, but he knew that he was part of an exploration team of some sort. Some of his squadmates were armed with pistols, and the captain had a more powerful weapon, so he decided to crawl around and see what he could find. He came across a body, which he immediately inspected for equipment. He felt a sling around the body's shoulder and started to take it off.

Suddenly, the body moved. Not of its own accord, however. It was being pulled away from Toom. The footsteps had, by this point, gotten much closer, so he probably had to say something.

Maryne encountered some resistance when she tried to lay the body she found on its back. At first she thought it was because its feet were attached to the ground, but it became apparent that there was someone pulling on it from the other side.

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 4
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2013, 01:04:52 am »

Maryne

gooood, time for some information. remember to speak firmly and with confidence now, I'm the one asking the questions here.
"Identify Yourself!"
ready myself in case the other person attempts to rush me. If they initiate combat, respond with lethal force. my preferred target is the head and/or neck, but anywhere will do in a pinch.

See below: he didn't choose to start a fight.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 06:32:17 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2013, 02:53:24 am »

Toom, upon being suddenly shouted at, reeled backward. Room of corpses, things lying around, people wandering. Sounded human. But maybe not. Not the best judge of that. Could be something else. Something terrible.

It was time to take a risk.

"Toom," he said.

Was that too little? Perhaps he could add something else. Wouldn't want to seem obstinate. But now he's paused, and the person might think it's their turn to speak. And if they speak together, it will be awkward. Yes, now it's definitely too late to speak. Hopefully she won't shoot him or chew on him or do something else of that description.

Toom wondered if this was all such a good idea. Maybe he should have stayed silent. Scurried back into the dark. Then he wouldn't be in this situation where he might get shot or kicked any minute now. That would have been an even better idea, yes.

Ready can of machine lubricant to use as bludgeoning weapon/chemical irritant in combat. If combat breaks out, remember to aim for sensitive-seeming places, like the eyes.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:55:51 am by Harry Baldman »

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2013, 04:15:30 am »

Ventilation shafts, bad. Floor, bad. Noises...bad.

Grab something that'd make a passable weapon from one of the bodies scattered about, and approach one of the doorways, peeking through to see what's making the noise.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2013, 05:59:20 am »

Maryne

"Sgt. Caroline Wilson, Terrorism response team. You've been the victim of a terrorist attack, tell me everything you can remember about what happened. Even the smallest detail could prove important."
Resume looting the body while we talk.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 06:25:09 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2013, 07:55:28 am »

"Uhm... terrorism? There was a gas attack, seems like, and I can't see anything at all right now, and looks like most of the people around here are dead. There's also somebody else walking around here, seems like a confused individual. I can't say I remember the particulars, however."

Toom was somewhat disappointed he couldn't be more helpful. The sergeant had come all this way just to find a whole lot of corpses, and only one Toom to provide any context for them. And whoever that other guy was.

Sit and wonder if my sight will return any time soon, or at all.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2013, 09:08:01 am »

"Uhm... terrorism? There was a gas attack, seems like, and I can't see anything at all right now, and looks like most of the people around here are dead. There's also somebody else walking around here, seems like a confused individual. I can't say I remember the particulars, however."
At "confused individual" Guy shouts out "HIIIIIIII FRIENDS!"
He then shakes the hand of the human shaped pillow he landed on.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2013, 01:43:52 pm »

Maryne

Ok, at least one more person is alive. and he seems to be buying my story for now.
"Well, lets try starting from the beginning. Why did you come here?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11