Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: The Glass Halls - Lack of Interest  (Read 9954 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 4
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2013, 01:37:35 pm »

(I was going to ask if Persus and Oglaf are done talking, because I'm not sure about "lower knife slightly" as a final action.)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2013, 03:25:33 pm »

Well, Oglaf hasn't responded to my last dialogue.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Oglaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2013, 03:41:37 pm »

(Sorry about the late post again. I'm certain I posted a response last night, but I must've done something wrong.)
Fair enough. Are you going to help me here or not?
Since it seems like Tiberias isn't going to kill me anymore, inspect that cutout section in the lip of the wall. If it turns out to be something useful, like a control panel for the lights/electricity, turn it on.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 04:34:23 pm by Oglaf »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2013, 04:04:20 pm »

Look out for anyone else as Oglaf inspects the wall.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2013, 07:06:07 pm »

Look out for anyone else as Oglaf inspects the wall.
Guy begins screaming "HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

((I like how everyone is just ignoring my existence despite my best attempts :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 1
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2013, 05:56:13 pm »

Turn 5
Tower Status: Roaming

"Fair enough. Are you going to help me here or not?"
The man said nothing, but gave a subtle nod as he turned around to watch for anyone else.
Abram began to examine the structure on the wall. He found that the rounded part actually rolled slightly when he pressed his hands against it and slid the plate to the side. After rolling it to the side he found that the spherical part contained within the structure was hollow and had a large, circular gap which a human can fit through. The inside of the chamber had a raised platform suspended in the center and another gap on the other side leading to another room. What was in the other room was hard to see, though.

Releasing the giant orb allowed it to slowly roll back into place, blocking off the path.

Tiberias went to find the other person in the room, specifically the crazy one that was shouting earlier. He investigated a constant rustling sound he heard and saw the glint of a person's goggles, gloves, and boots as if he were sitting up and shaking the hand of another person that was sprawled out over the ground.

Guy was upset by the fact that the pillow wouldn't respond to his hand-shaking. He heard a nice man come over to meet Guy, but the man didn't say anything.

"HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

--

Neil heard an echo through one of the exits. It [color=AA5522]sounded [/color]like a high-pitched scream, drawn out over a period of time.

Neil grabbed a handgun from one of the bodies and kept it in one hand, datapad in the other to illuminate whatever was in front of him. He stepped in front of the rounded exit to investigate the screaming, but there was no handle or control panel to open the door with.
He did notice, however, that there was a slight seam on the floor below his feet, which outlined a floor panel in front of the door that could probably come off, given enough force. He needed to find another way out of the room if he couldn't get the door open.

Spoiler: Datapad Navigation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Datapad Message 1 (click to show/hide)

--

Toom released the body, instead opting to talk to the woman. Reflexively, he tried to open his eyes, but he saw nothing but blackness. His eyes stung on contact with the air inside his goggles, so he closed them once more. He heard a clicking sound in front of him.

Maryne noticed that the survivor was trying to remove a sling from the body's shoulder. She went ahead and unslung it herself as Toom released his grip, finding that there was a short-barreled shotgun of some sort attached to the sling. She held it in her hands and instinctively pumped it, ejecting a light shell casing which spun out of control and bounced off the floor with a ring before drifting into the air.

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Glass Halls - Turn 5
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2013, 07:54:42 pm »

Maryne

"I'm going to go check for other survivors."
Finish looting the body (where's the ammo for reloads?) then go back to following the walls and looking for lootables.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:16:55 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2013, 08:28:32 pm »

What was that about being wary of the floor? Hmm. Look around the room for ways to fashion something that'll give some leverage. Maybe a makeshift crowbar or something.

And stay quiet. Even if I have a gun now, screams are bad. Always bad.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2013, 04:17:27 am »

((um, where'd everybody go?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2013, 05:22:30 am »

Do some blind looting, look for that pistol I found as well as any medical supplies or something.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2013, 08:24:58 am »

"Uh, who in the hell are you?" Tiberias lowers his knife but remains wary of this obviously insane individual.
Sigtext

Oglaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2013, 11:48:55 am »

Oh, him? He's been following me around for a long time. He's harmless.

Look on the floor to find any sort of object (but not my wrench) to throw inside that room.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2013, 01:46:12 pm »

Waiting on BFEL

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2013, 05:34:56 am »

"Yay! Hi people! Are you ready to talk to Guy now?
ask, and continue shaking hands of all hands within reach.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2013, 06:55:49 pm »

Turn 6
Tower Status: Roaming

With the abundance of bodies throughout the room, Abram had no difficulty finding a spare helmet to toss into the void, listening for a response afterward.

There was a noise coming from far away in the room he was looking into. It sounded like a large amount of balls rolling down a metal slope, to Abram's ear, punctuated with organic sucking noises.

Guy stuck out his other hand to greet the new fellow.

"Yay! Hi people! Are you ready to talk to Guy now?" he shouted, expecting a response. But there was silence. And then:
"Uh, who in the hell are you?"
Guy stood up. "GREAT QUESTION! I'm..."
He twisted his face as he tried to concoct a more intelligent answer than what he was about to say. But his brain wasn't quite ready for it. So he just stated what he was going to say in the first place, in his usual high-pitched voice.
"Guy Guyson!"

Tiberias wasn't quite satisfied with the answer, convinced that the man was just crazy. He felt sorry for the lad, as he couldn't possibly have been like this before everything went dark.

*Tiberias and Guy also hear the sound that Abram hears. It is getting closer, and the lights turn on in the other room, releasing a shower of light through the circular doorway. The rest of the room the three are in is now visible. There are bodies everywhere, some bloody, others dry, but all motionless. Some have rifles and shotguns slung around their shoulders, others have pistols holstered, and the rest are unarmed. None of them look mutilated as of yet.*

--

Neil remembered the ventilation shaft and how it was being cut open. He went over to the site where the personnel were trying to lift the ventilation shaft cover off, and as he expected, they had a perfectly usable crowbar in addition to other tools like hammers, saws, and plasma cutting equipment.

*Neil hears a loud clicking sound from the ceiling, akin to a CRT monitor turning on. It's not localized to any particular point.*

Spoiler: Datapad Message 1 (click to show/hide)

--

Toom went back to searching the body, and found that the sling was missing! The woman must have taken it while they spoke. Nevertheless, Toom was sure that there was more loot lying around the room. He looked primarily for medical supplies and more weapons.

*Found Revolver*
*Found "Round Canister"*
*Found Rectangular Box*

Maryne recovered the shotgun and some loose canisters like the one attached to the shotgun. She then started walking on the walls again and scanned the area around her with her feet.

Her left foot knocked something into the air as she was searching. The object began slowly floating back into the center of the room.

*Toom and Maryne hear the click echo through the halls as well.*

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11