Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48

Author Topic: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!  (Read 64487 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!
« Reply #510 on: November 27, 2013, 01:06:29 pm »

Could ask them if they recognize the mystery liquid, smell, look wise ect, drink some cider, our food will probably go bad before theirs so offer some, plus might build better relations.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 27, 2013, 01:24:30 pm »

Could ask them if they recognize the mystery liquid, smell, look wise ect, drink some cider, our food will probably go bad before theirs so offer some, plus might build better relations.
+1 Sharing will be good, as I want them to become permanent party members (and possible mating mates in the future ;) )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 27, 2013, 01:32:47 pm »

I don't know about THAT, but permanent party members sounds good. They have a number of useful skills that we don't, that's for sure. Let us break bread.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 27, 2013, 02:02:36 pm »

You offer some sausage and bread into the little potluck. Pearl comments that these goblin sausages are usually pretty good but sometimes you get a really spicy one that sends whatever goblin eats it scrambling around for water. Sometimes plunging his head into the nearest animals' water trough! High comedy for the sausage-makers, to be sure.

You mention that you have no idea what's in this bottle you've been carrying around. You unstopper it with a *pop* and a delicious scent wafts out. It smells of apples and peaches, and pine needles, and hard liquor. Will you pass it around? Charlotte definitely seems game for a nip of the good stuff.

The compound is arranged like this, with descriptions you can tell from the outside, or a more detailed italicized description if you've explored it:

[North, overlooks bridge]

Store             Guard Tower           Open Space

[West, overlooks cliff]    Stable                    Well                    Entrance Gate    [East, down to road]

Smithy Shed          Lodge              Cottage

[South]

You're at the well. There's a rope down the well tied off to a piton at the top.

The area is quiet.

Claire, Charlotte, and Pearl are here. Everyone is completely covered in blood, and Pearl is also caked with black coal dust.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 27, 2013, 02:29:00 pm »

Sure, if she wants to take the risk give her a bit, hope it doesn't kill her or get her drunk.

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 27, 2013, 07:52:37 pm »

I am guessing the liquid is perfume. do not drink it!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 29, 2013, 05:43:26 am »

Allow her to take a sip, but caution her not to indulge too deeply as you wouldn't want her to get hurt.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 29, 2013, 10:02:14 am »

Allow her to take a sip, but caution her not to indulge too deeply as you wouldn't want her to get hurt.
+1

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 30, 2013, 04:10:20 pm »

I think we should get the liquid identified before we drink it or even offer it to someoneelse. for all we know it could be POISON.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 30, 2013, 07:22:35 pm »

Well how else are we to find out without trying some, if the mute is game let her take the risk after we explain we don't know what it is.

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 30, 2013, 07:52:44 pm »

cain12, you have sufficiently convinced me of your argument. I +1 your idea now.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 30, 2013, 08:15:38 pm »

Hm? You have a fair point actually, it could be poison/potion with negative effects, and if it is alcohol what if she gets drunk, and god forbid it be perfume.That and you yielded too easily, I'm guessing you expect to see my/Detoxicated's suggestion get her killed/suffer other negative effect so we have to go on knowing it is our fault and be more cautious in future. I apologize for the paranoia but in no way was my argument persuasive enough to actually change someone's mind, just the same things that had been said with a few words tacked on
Having doubts about letting her drink it here regardless of what it is, still sticking with letting her take the risk.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 02, 2013, 11:30:45 am »

After severe internal debate for what seems like a long weekend, you hand the bottle over to Charlotte. She smells it, takes a sip, smacks her lips, and takes a solid gulp. She hands the bottle to Claire with a thumbs-up, making the traditional "liquor face". Claire takes a small gulp and quickly passes it to Pearl with little reaction. Pearl sips a few times, nodding. She hands it back to you.

Everyone's just about finished with the quick mid-day meal.

You hear the far-off rumble of an avalanche in the mountains. The area becomes silent again as the faraway rumbling fades away.

The compound is arranged like this, with descriptions you can tell from the outside, or a more detailed italicized description if you've explored it:

[North, overlooks bridge]

Store             Guard Tower           Open Space

[West, overlooks cliff]    Stable                    Well                    Entrance Gate    [East, down to road]

Smithy Shed          Lodge              Cottage

[South]

You're at the well. There's a rope down the well tied off to a piton at the top.

The area is quiet.

Claire, Charlotte, and Pearl are here. Everyone is completely covered in blood, and Pearl is also caked with black coal dust.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 02, 2013, 05:29:46 pm »

Interesting far-off events aside, let's look down the well. Before doing so, take a quick look towards the mountains.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 02, 2013, 06:50:44 pm »

Interesting far-off events aside, let's look down the well. Before doing so, take a quick look towards the mountains.
+1, see no reason not to.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48