Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 48

Author Topic: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!  (Read 64534 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: Camp Goblin - Worst Summer Camp Ever
« Reply #300 on: October 25, 2013, 03:40:28 pm »

Well its not like we intend to tell them we are up charging, just take their gold, spend it and tell them he was a greedy little cramp.

Plus we fully intend to give them what they want, we just want to get something else on the side, and like they said they have no real need for gold so lets give them a need, we have a source that trades magic for gold and they need magic, we deserve a little bonus for bringing the stuff to them, hardly dishonest just taking what we are due.

Edit: I still don't trust them anyway, anyone can be warm and helpful to a possible asset/ source of information.
Edit: "Another Human? Where is he from? Are there others nearby? How did they survive? What do they know? He does't remember anything? He can get us magic?" Only a fool wouldn't act like are.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:09:46 pm by Cain12 »

Ebonblade7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 25, 2013, 03:43:09 pm »

The note seems to indicate we need to search the fair for this 'Artemis' person.

Unless it's us and our name isn't Jeffrey?

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 25, 2013, 03:57:18 pm »

Honesty != Communism
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 26, 2013, 07:05:14 pm »

+1 to honesty

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 26, 2013, 09:42:07 pm »

Meh fine, see how much gold they have, if they really have no need for it they should have no problem giving it to us for anything we want anyway.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 27, 2013, 01:13:56 am »

And then when it's gone, and we learn there's other things we didn't know about yet that, knowing what we know later, we wish we could have done things differently?

Seriously, it's like some people have neural systems that give them rewards when they make quick decisions about what appears to be a windfall.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 27, 2013, 04:32:57 am »

Lets not lie to them

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 27, 2013, 08:23:01 am »

So your saying we don't buy all the useful spells (we think we need) and use them with our allies (and their goblins) to defeat the wizard, gremlins and anyone else (least the gremlins)  and get there stuff just because something else may come up that we need gold for.
Do some people get a reward for being overtly cautious?

We need spells to be a mage, then us and our allies use those spells and their resources to take out the gremlins/the wizard and take their loot, more possible gold and maybe some good loot, + the trust/respect of our allies and goblins, we win out.

And it is better than staying our current self who is hardly an able fighter and certainly no mage as of yet and is at best an amateur conman, even if we don't attack the wizard/gremlins we at least need the power to defend our self.
Edit: Nah might not be here forever, so we do need to be a little rash and grab what we may need in the near future.
Edit: Detoxicated, that had already been established when they voted for honesty, a day before you voted the first time, no need to repeat your vote.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:03:11 am by Cain12 »

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 27, 2013, 08:56:04 am »

My neural systems give me rewards when the men in the white lab coats don't use the electric shock button. I thought it was the same with the rest of you. You all live in a cage like me, right?

Anyway, let's not lie--who said anything about lying in the first place... but let's tell them that if we hook them up with more spells, they have to team up with us and help us with those spells and/or allow us to copy down all the spell formulae when paper becomes available. We are not a charity. We have information, and information can be a very valuable commodity.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 27, 2013, 02:50:09 pm »

+1 to your Idea, Gerv. Teaming up with the ladies does seem like a good idea.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 27, 2013, 03:51:16 pm »

+1 to your Idea, Gerv. Teaming up with the ladies does seem like a good idea.
+1

Ebonblade7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 27, 2013, 10:04:00 pm »

My neural systems give me rewards when the men in the white lab coats don't use the electric shock button. I thought it was the same with the rest of you. You all live in a cage like me, right?

Anyway, let's not lie--who said anything about lying in the first place... but let's tell them that if we hook them up with more spells, they have to team up with us and help us with those spells and/or allow us to copy down all the spell formulae when paper becomes available. We are not a charity. We have information, and information can be a very valuable commodity.
+1 to that

Also, shhhhhh! I can't talk about the cage.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 28, 2013, 02:02:28 am »

Okay, I've just read through this whole thing and I wanted to note some things:

Dryad: Not an option. People were still talking about going back to see her again up until around the part where Jeffrey met these girls. Remember folks: We carved our name into her. She's a tree spirit, we carved into her tree's trunk, blood came out and it stopped moving! Either Jeffrey killed her, or she's not going to be happy with him if he returns.

Wizardry: Jeffrey was familiar with most of the stuff in the magic books at the witches' cabin. Without a spellbook he may not have any spells, but he appears to have been trained in it - we can probably trust in our own mystic knowledge without needing to refer to Pearl about everything. Not that it hurts to ask for second opinions, it just seems likely we knew magic in our past. I totally support the idea that we should be hunting for spells to build up a new spellbook. Our first priority will almost certainly have to be acquiring some blank writing material.

Nah and Names: I don't think we can just show up to Nah with a list of goblin names for him to pick from. Remember, trading names is a two way street: If we gave Nah our name, we'd be Nah after that. Either it's a mystical thing, which makes me think the person trading has to be willing and present, or it's a strange but non-magical ritual, and we'd have to convince the goblin to start going by 'Nah' after that for Nah to be satisfied.

(The whole Name-giving thing makes me wonder if we weren't going by Artemis some time in the past, and ended up trading our name to a guy called Jeffrey.)

Encumbrance: We're at 21/20 items. We are carrying 3 rocks and a sharp stick. Toss 'em. We should have no problems acquiring rocks and sticks in the forest if we need them, and right now they're weighing Jeffrey down. I'd toss the boot, since it doesn't fit, but it might have hidden objects in it (It might have been an adventurer's boot, right?) and it might still be watertight or otherwise usable as a makeshift container. The knickknacks take up negligible inventory space. When we go back to Nah for trading purposes, we should pick up the others. I've been wondering if something was in the bird's nest for a while. (I was getting Zork vibes from that house, so sue me!) The painted pebble might be tradeable to a simple-minded fae or usable as a spell component or something as well.

"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 28, 2013, 03:23:30 am »

Like I care if she is an option, we were never getting back with her anyway, just fun to have a love struck hero that is hung up on a tree woman.

Not trusting an amnesiac and what he thinks is magic, he could also have been a hack/a fake and learned the terms just like we did and has no real knowledge or skill.

Well he got the name from a book, did the book consent? Was the author present? Was it a magic book? I assume that if the goblins agreed we would take them to Nah or that the fact they signed the list would be enough as a form of consent, he would pick one and we would tell the goblin his name was picked and he must now go by Nah.

Inventory wise, lets not throw out our only weapons with reach, lose the boot and bottle of mystery liquid leave them with Pearl.
Edit:Plus it is sharpened IIRC, so might not be able to sharpen before the gremlins eat us.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:27:26 am by Cain12 »

Ebonblade7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 28, 2013, 08:02:28 am »

Regarding the boot, use it as a container! it seems to be big enough to hold some items. Or we could use it as a hat of sorts. Protect our head and make us look more like a crazy Mage guy.

But seriously, we need to ask about how much gold they have, buy the spells, then help them kill the wizard. The spells I think we shoul get are analyze magic and searing ray (sounds offensive). Invade thoughts if we can. Buoyancy to trade. Then we need to get a blank book for them to copy their spells into (and our new ones)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:05:59 am by Ebonblade7 »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 48