Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48

Author Topic: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!  (Read 64526 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: Camp Goblin - Worst Summer Camp Ever
« Reply #225 on: October 18, 2013, 07:36:54 pm »

It is probably best not to speak unless spoken to.

Bow to the lady in respect. Wait for either her or the guards to speak.
+1
+1
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 18, 2013, 07:40:00 pm »

It is probably best not to speak unless spoken to.

Bow to the lady in respect. Wait for either her or the guards to speak.
+1

+1

Edit: Practice our cover story in our head?

What cover story? We said we needed shelter, and we do, we said we could act as a bard, which we (sort of) can, we mean them no harm which I hope (for our sake) is true. Is it really a cover story if we tell the truth?

Perhaps mention Nah, maybe she know him, (Vert, Bork, Grep, "Nah" fits in as a "goblin-y" name), after proper introductions and such . EDIT: just remembered that Nah got his name from a book, so the name may not help, see P.s

Also, we should make a priority to ask about the dryad. Not now, but eventually, If asked about ourselves, be honest, tell her about our memory loss, and what little we remember

P.s: If Nah is known, ask what he could possibly want with our name. Also,if Nah got his name from a book, couldn't he just change it, as apposed to buying ours. Perhaps I'm over-thinking the name thing and Nahs just an eccentric little guy.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 07:43:05 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 18, 2013, 07:48:01 pm »

"He is the Chosen One" she finally croaks. There is much confusion. Evidently nobody was expecting any kind of Chosen One.

"Silence!" She raises her taloned hand and lightning zaps out, striking a goblin! He bellows in pain and scampers over to a water trough, dunking his sizzling head in it. Silence breaks out.

She nods in satisfaction. "He shall enter my parlor and I will read his fortune." A gust of wind blows downward, billowing smoke everywhere  as the cloud descends, scattering goblins hither and yon. Some force that feels like invisible hands draws you onto the cloud and you rise quickly into the tree, into darkness.

Once you're up there it becomes immediately apparent that something fishy is going on. Two people in tight-fitting black clothes, "My trusted assistants, dearie", work ropes and pulleys to maneuver a black wooden platform onto the treehouse deck. They remove and stow the ropes and hide everything in a shed on the side of the house. You spot wicked-looking knives on their belts.

One Assistant opens the treehouse door and enters. The goblin hag enters, beckoning you. The other Assistant waits for you outside. You can see below quite well with all the torches and lamps and braziers and campfires that have sprung up, but it seems like nobody can see you because it's quite dark among the branches of the tree.

Spoiler: Inventory: 20/20 (click to show/hide)

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 18, 2013, 07:49:40 pm »

Guess we go with her.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 18, 2013, 07:52:51 pm »

Guess we go with her.

+1, not much choice, eh. It would be rude not to, and we could get some plot direction

Am I the only one who thought of a baba yaga when reading about this woman? There arn't really any similarities, I suppose, just an impression I got.  :-\
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

LegendaryWoodBurner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 18, 2013, 08:41:42 pm »

More like The Wizard of Oz than Baba Yaga. She's just like us!  :P Apparently we weren't the first one to think of tricking these dumb goblins into servitude, this old hag did it already!   
Smoke, mirrors, hidden platforms, and assistants in black clothes. She's much more sophisticated than our little "blow up the lighter trick" could ever have hoped to achieve.

She does seem to at least have some magical power if that lightning wasn't a trick too, maybe she can teach us?

I like this woman already, lets go with her.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:45:41 pm by LegendaryWoodBurner »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 18, 2013, 10:39:30 pm »

So instead of being a mage or a bard we really want to be a conman posing as both?
Edit: Whatever happens we must convince her to teach us her ways.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:43:15 pm by Cain12 »

LegendaryWoodBurner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 18, 2013, 10:43:02 pm »

So instead of being a mage or a bard we really want to be a conman posing as both?
Exactly! No-one will ever suspect a thing!

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2013, 12:32:56 am »

PTW
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2013, 02:21:23 am »

You step into the parlor. While the outside of the treehouse looked rough and dark, the inside is actually nicely-appointed with hanging fabrics, couches, pillows, and lit with sweet-smelling candles. The windows are shuttered and covered with blackout curtains. The second Assistant follows you in and shuts the door, barring it from the inside with a stout wooden beam.

The Witch and her Assistants check a few secret peepholes to make sure the coast is clear outside, then visibly relax. The Assistants unwrap their scarf-masks, revealing the faces of young women. Both are very pale, one with straw-yellow hair and the other with coppery hair and freckles, both cut short. The Witch takes off her goblin costume and stands up, turns out to be a middle-aged woman with dusky olive skin and dark brown hair. She smiles broadly and motions for you to sit on one of the couches.

"We're so happy to finally meet another human!" the other two settle down in one couch, the Witch in a second, opposite you across a low wood table. "Where were you born? Are there others?"

The Witch stops herself. "No, no. Introductions first. This is Claire" she opens her hand to the blonde, who nods, "and she is Charlotte" shifting to the redhead. "And I'm Pearl."

Your head is kind of spinning. This is a bit much all at once.

Spoiler: Inventory: 20/20 (click to show/hide)

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2013, 06:29:27 am »

Three women alone in a big forest--blonde, brunette and redhead--starving for interaction with other humans, and here comes along a strapping young buck on the rebound from a bad relationship with a tree-trollop. I like where this thread is headed.

Make introductions, proceed to inquire if they have some more cider, and get the cups flowing; be charming, get them tipsy, and then explain how you've been delighting a dryad with your sensuous arts for the past 9 months--then whip out your deck.

Play some card games for a while. Great way to break the ice.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2013, 06:35:43 am »

Well guess we should introduce our self, Jeffery, state that they are the first humans we have seen, and we don't know where we were born,  inquire into the questions. Probably want to mention the dryad and maybe the memory loss, shouldn't lower our guard against them til they explain.

Edit:
Make introductions, proceed to inquire if they have some more cider, and get the cups flowing; be charming, get them tipsy, and then explain how you've been delighting a dryad with your sensuous arts for the past 9 months--then whip out your deck.
Play some card games for a while. Great way to break the ice.
Changed my mind, -1 to rebound and flirt, tree women forever, lets not look like a child bragging about his exploits, which is the impression I get the way you said it. (edit: Also our character seems too shocked for bragging, imo)
 +1 to breaking the ice if the mood after we get answers is cheerful enough, (do we even know how to play cards?) should inquire as to how they got their current position in life.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:00:12 am by Cain12 »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 19, 2013, 07:23:56 am »

Well guess we should introduce our self, Jeffery, state that they are the first humans we have seen, and we don't know where we were born,  inquire into the questions. Probably want to mention the dryad and maybe the memory loss, shouldn't lower our guard against them til they explain.

Changed my mind, -1 to rebound and flirt, tree women forever, lets not look like a child bragging about his exploits, which is the impression I get the way you said it. (edit: Also our character seems too shocked for bragging, imo)
 +1 to breaking the ice if the mood after we get answers is cheerful enough, (do we even know how to play cards?) should inquire as to how they got their current position in life.

+1

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 19, 2013, 10:12:10 am »

This reeks of trap. I say we just talk with them. Where they are from. What are they doing here? Why the disguises? Also play some tunes on the ocarina. Do not let them look through your stuff, do NOT tell them about the book. Show them the basic magic book if the discussion leads to magic.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2013, 12:31:48 pm »

This reeks of trap. I say we just talk with them. Where they are from. What are they doing here? Why the disguises? Also play some tunes on the ocarina. Do not let them look through your stuff, do NOT tell them about the book. Show them the basic magic book if the discussion leads to magic.
+1
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48