Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48

Author Topic: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!  (Read 64481 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: Down at da river.
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2013, 12:11:58 pm »

Okay seems fair enough to get us by til we get more food, as for performing, if they still want that we could try to make to make up a story of:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Sounds like the stuff a 17 year old that is hung up on a ex could think up, wish fulfillment included, being a better person, getting the girl, being the hero. As you can see a writer I am not.)
Or saying it is a epic adventure work in progress:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edit: Crap as those were/my delivery was they might be beyond our Jeffs ability to make up on the spot.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:31:58 pm by Cain12 »

LegendaryWoodBurner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2013, 04:06:08 pm »

Alright sweet, looks like the plan didn't backfire like I expected. Though i do feel like a terrible, terrible, absolute bastard for suggesting it. They're just so naive that it breaks my heart. :'( Damn you and your creepy yet endearing characters Leo.

Take their offer.

Ask if we might share their camp for a little while and chat. It'll give us a chance to eat, drink, rest, warm-up, and gather info all at the same time.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 04:07:47 pm by LegendaryWoodBurner »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2013, 04:11:24 pm »

Ask if we might share their camp for a little while and chat. It'll give us a chance to eat, drink, rest, warm-up, and gather info all at the same time.
+1, would be nice to get names/find out what the heck these little guys are.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2013, 05:05:02 pm »

They seem very pleased with the exchange.

Little Guy introduces himself as Vert. The Dumb Guy with the jug is Bort. Other Guy is Grep. You ask what they are.

Vert scrunches his face up. "We're goblins, you big dummy. From Goblin City. That way." He jerks his thumb downriver in the direction you were going. "We're outta here, so we don't care if you camp here. Just make yourself comfort-able." Bort laughs a "Hur hur hur" and helps Grep pack up their stuff. Looks like they're getting ready to leave.

Spoiler: Inventory: 19/20 (click to show/hide)

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2013, 05:21:20 pm »

Ask them why they are leaving.
Play the flute, try to find the nicest tune. Go hunting.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2013, 05:41:02 pm »

Ask them if the city is surrounded by a Labyrinth.
Ask them what's in the jug.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2013, 06:09:27 pm »

Ask them if the city is surrounded by a Labyrinth.
Ask them what's in the jug.
+1, also ask them if we visit the city where we can find them to trade more magical wonders we may find or where to go for work or a good time (pubs, attractions, that sort of thing).
Edit: Could also ask for a goblin folk tune or song to amuse our self with but that sounds unlikely to bear any fruit since they are leaving.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:14:14 pm by Cain12 »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2013, 06:13:36 pm »

+1, also ask them if we visit the city where we can find them to trade more magical wonders we may find or where to go for work or a good time (pubs, attractions, that sort of thing).

+1 . Great idea, there are many things that a refined young man of taste can enjoy in the cities. Pubs, Circuses, Opera, Theater, Whorehouses that cater to certain young people with a tree-woman fetish...

:P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:25:32 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2013, 06:35:14 pm »

Whorehouses that cater to certain young people with a tree-woman fetish...
You want the Elven forest retreats for that, but I doubt the elves would share their trees with us, or did you mean women decorated with twigs, bark, leaves, and the like?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:42:15 pm by Cain12 »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2013, 07:01:22 pm »

Whorehouses that cater to certain young people with a tree-woman fetish...
You want the Elven forest retreats for that, but I doubt the elves would share their trees with us, or did you mean women decorated with twigs, bark, leaves, and the like?
Our character's 17.  Does he really care how perfectly his possible fetish is matched, when there's no closer match around?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2013, 07:03:58 pm »

Our character's 17.  Does he really care how perfectly his possible fetish is matched, when there's no closer match around?
Fair enough, but I hope they at least have human women to dress as a tree for us, would not pay to see a goblin do it, regardless of how much he needs a tree woman fix, even he wouldn't want that, I hope.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:16:25 pm by Cain12 »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2013, 07:05:30 pm »

Honestly, I didn't expect to cause so much discussion from my lewd joke.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:08:15 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2013, 07:53:43 pm »

You are momentarily lost in a spicy recollection of the Dryad, but when they get the cart moving (Bort and Grep pulling, Vert pretending to push) you snap out of it and ask your other questions.

"Why are you in such a rush to leave?"

Vert says, "You don't wanna be around here after dark. Da Gremlins ain't so pleasant." Bort chuckles, Grep grimaces and sighs. Vert continues: "This here is about the edge of their territory. The lair is somewhere right around the big falls coming up. Then a ways past that is the other edge of their territory. If ya hurry ya might make it across before dark. We gotta get this load back to the- YOW!" Grep has been coming around, checking the wheels, and stops Vert from talking by stomping on his foot.

Vert: "YOW! Hey! What's the big-" Grep glares at Vert. "Oh right." Vert puts a finger to the side of his nose. "Secret operation. Hush-hush."

You ask, "What's the Goblin City like? Where are the pubs, inns, places of entertainment?" They start laughing. "Opera houses, theaters, circuses ..." you trail off as they guffaw. Vert is bent over, laughing, his hands on his gangly knees. He comes up for air, crying. "What am I, your fair guide?!" This elicits a new uproar of laughter. It was probably an inside joke.

"Look", says Vert, as they settle down, "You're a couple years late for the big festivities. Goblin City has some entertainment to offer, and shops and stuff, but most of the town is kinda ..." Vert holds it in as his eyes roll around "... DEAD! Haaa haha ha" They all bust up laughing as they shove the cart north into the woods.

Well that was ominous.

You're hungry, thirsty, and cold.

Spoiler: Inventory: 20/20 (click to show/hide)

>

EDIT: The jug contains hard apple cider.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2013, 08:15:18 pm »

Watch them out of sight, warming ourselves from the lame torch/fire the goblin were using if they had one.

While doing so, carefully have a sip of the jug.  Hopefully this hard cider's like 'small beer'; unpurified water's not very safe but fermentation kills a lot of pathogens.  If that cider seems to have been distilled or anything, we can't use it yet; save it if it seems strong - we can use it to dilute into unpurified water when we find some.  If it's weak, that's good; drink a small amount to make sure we're sure it's weak and safe; we'll have more later.

Have a bite of each of the sausages and the bread.  Make sure that none seems bad for us, and that also none is too salty or spicy, especially if that cider's very strong.  If the sausages are edible and not too intense, eat up while we watch the goblins move on.

Stop once the goblins are out of sight.  Extinguish lame torch; it's really hard to sneak up on anyone paying any attention while carrying fire.  Get back into the woods, a bit off the trail that the goblins used to move the cart along and follow them.  If necessary track; a heavy cart should leave great tracks.  If needed, go slow, don't get too close.  Watch for others possibly watching/following them too.

LegendaryWoodBurner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2013, 08:20:21 pm »

Watch them out of sight, warming ourselves from the lame torch/fire the goblin were using if they had one.

While doing so, carefully have a sip of the jug.  Hopefully this hard cider's like 'small beer'; unpurified water's not very safe but fermentation kills a lot of pathogens.  If that cider seems to have been distilled or anything, we can't use it yet; save it if it seems strong - we can use it to dilute into unpurified water when we find some.  If it's weak, that's good; drink a small amount to make sure we're sure it's weak and safe; we'll have more later.

Have a bite of each of the sausages and the bread.  Make sure that none seems bad for us, and that also none is too salty or spicy, especially if that cider's very strong.  If the sausages are edible and not too intense, eat up while we watch the goblins move on.

Stop once the goblins are out of sight.  Extinguish lame torch; it's really hard to sneak up on anyone paying any attention while carrying fire.  Get back into the woods, a bit off the trail that the goblins used to move the cart along and follow them.  If necessary track; a heavy cart should leave great tracks.  If needed, go slow, don't get too close.  Watch for others possibly watching/following them too.

Agreed, but we shouldn't eat the bread. That's the only food we have that might last beyond a week so it should be our back-up. Let's just munch on the sausage.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:22:39 pm by LegendaryWoodBurner »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48