Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What are my chances of getting my character off as innocent?  (Read 2012 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
What are my chances of getting my character off as innocent?
« on: October 10, 2013, 01:01:38 pm »

Hes charged with flag murder, by accident, he has 22 persuasion and charisma, and 13 law and intelligence. Would those be enough to get him off as innocent in court if he defends himself in court?
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: What are my chances of getting my character off as innocent?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 01:46:36 pm »

Dunno how the code works, but your guy has better stats/skills than regular lawyers in the game.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 01:58:26 pm »

With stats like those, sounds like a walk in the park.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 04:36:56 pm »

With stats like those, sounds like a walk in the park.

^This

It gets a LOT harder based on the amount of crimes you have, like it might get near-impossible with huge amounts of murders (>250), but those stats can easily get you out of most crimes. 13 Law is the big one, that's really high, and I'm pretty sure the most important factor when defending yourself (persuasion comes next I think, pretty sure they're not equally important).

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 07:10:46 pm »

Last I knew Law and Persuasion are both pretty important.  That said, 2 Treasons is pretty much guaranteed jail time.  Same with 1 Treason and a Flag Murder, Theft, etc.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 04:15:23 pm »

Those are very impressive stats for Charisma, Persuasion, Intelligence, and Law. You should do very well in court. But besides having a lawyer with really good stats (in this case, yourself), you also need a good judge and good jury to get the optimal outcome, if you're facing a huge amount of criminal charges. Having a Sleeper judge presiding over the case is a MUST. If I recall correctly, they prevent any witnesses from testifying against you and they grant leniency in sentencing if somehow you are found guilty. As for the jury being on your side, there are 2 variables for that, mainly. 1 is how Liberal or Conservative the people in the country are. The more Liberal the populace is, the more favorable the jury will be, while a Conservative populace will be quite harsh on you if they end up as the jury. Another factor is something that only the expensive $5,000 lawyer can do... he can tilt the jury in your favor. He has that ability. That doesn't happen if you defend yourself. This is basically a reward for players who spend the money on the expensive lawyer (spending that much money ought to help you out more than just a little, after all... and it does). That being said, the expensive lawyer isn't perfect. Your character probably has better stats as far as arguing in court is concerned (Charisma+Persuasion+Intelligence+Law), plus the expensive lawyer runs the risk of having his arch-nemesis super-prosecutor show up... which is very very bad. So spending the money on an expensive lawyer is actually a bit like gambling, it might not always work out in your favor, except, unlike gambling, it USUALLY does.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 06:00:09 pm »

Those are very impressive stats for Charisma, Persuasion, Intelligence, and Law. You should do very well in court. But besides having a lawyer with really good stats (in this case, yourself), you also need a good judge and good jury to get the optimal outcome, if you're facing a huge amount of criminal charges. Having a Sleeper judge presiding over the case is a MUST. If I recall correctly, they prevent any witnesses from testifying against you and they grant leniency in sentencing if somehow you are found guilty. As for the jury being on your side, there are 2 variables for that, mainly. 1 is how Liberal or Conservative the people in the country are. The more Liberal the populace is, the more favorable the jury will be, while a Conservative populace will be quite harsh on you if they end up as the jury. Another factor is something that only the expensive $5,000 lawyer can do... he can tilt the jury in your favor. He has that ability. That doesn't happen if you defend yourself. This is basically a reward for players who spend the money on the expensive lawyer (spending that much money ought to help you out more than just a little, after all... and it does). That being said, the expensive lawyer isn't perfect. Your character probably has better stats as far as arguing in court is concerned (Charisma+Persuasion+Intelligence+Law), plus the expensive lawyer runs the risk of having his arch-nemesis super-prosecutor show up... which is very very bad. So spending the money on an expensive lawyer is actually a bit like gambling, it might not always work out in your favor, except, unlike gambling, it USUALLY does.
Isn't there a possibility of having one of your sleepers in the jury?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 06:19:55 pm »

Nope.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 09:01:27 pm »

I think what this is... is actually that your sleeper judge influences who the jury is and specifically has them be more liberal, not that it's an actual sleeper of any sort that gets into the jury. I always get the secret liberal handshake when I have a sleeper judge.