Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Captured Safe House  (Read 2305 times)

Tapper12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Captured Safe House
« on: October 10, 2013, 08:39:34 am »

I've been playing LCS for the last couple days, and a while back the CCS attacked one of my Safe Houses. (Side note, I found it strange that the Safe House had no HEAT as far as I know, and that the CCS hadn't officially revealed themselves yet. This was their first action.)

Anyways, I trained up a full squad with weapons and armor to take it back, but as far as I can tell the CCS just won't stop spawning in there. I just keep walking around killing more and more CCS members and Police Gang Units, slowly getting more and more injuries until my group dies out.
Am I being too impatient, or is something bugged? How exactly do I take back my Safe House?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: Captured Safe House
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 11:07:25 am »

Right now you can't. This has been a problem for a while, and has yet to be fixed.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 07:08:55 pm »

Specifically, CCS defeat only happens when you kill the Lieutenant or Founder.  Since there's no CCS-Leader spawn in an LCS safehouse, you can't fight them, and therefore can't take the place.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 04:04:22 pm »

Well, this means each LCS safehouse that gets commandeered by the CCS needs to have a CCS Lieutenant stationed there, obviously. That would be the best fix for this bug. Of course, CCS Lieutenants on the CCS maps are spawned at specific map locations specified in the maps. So fixing this would mean editing the maps so that ALL safehouses have CCS Lieutenant spawning locations... and the CCS Lieutenant spawning grounds would only be active if the CCS controls the site. When a site is under LCS control or gang control or not rented out to anyone, there would be no evidence of any CCS Lieutenant spawning grounds anywhere.

Interestingly, I haven't encountered this problem... for some reason the CCS never raids me, even though I raid their hideouts and kill plenty of their guys. So I've never had the CCS take over any of my hideouts, or even try...
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 01:39:38 pm »

Alternatively, since some of the maps are randomly generated, have the game see if a CCS spawn point is defined. If so, put the archconservative there. If not, place it randomly.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 02:48:49 pm »

In order for the CCS to attack, you have to have gotten Heat on your safehouse.  So far as I can tell, the only group that can find you through Secrecy and 0% Heat is the Firemen.  (Presumably, being specialized in dealing with Harmful Speech, they trace the LG back to the Press(es) that printed it.)

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 02:02:58 am »

I'm not sure if this is true. Just speaking from personal experience and intuition, I think that government can also raid a safehouse with 0% heat (This is how I ever lose hackers, basically). And I kind of feel like the Heat meter only applies to Police.