Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Creeper World 3 (Now on Steam)  (Read 15664 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creeper World 3
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2013, 05:11:48 pm »

Okay I caved and bought it (who needs food anyway?). I'm feeling shitty and lame due to a terminal case of man-flu right now but I will be playing the shit out of this once I'm suitably caffeinated in the morning.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2013, 11:23:29 pm »

I am almost done the main campaign now, I havn't found any world too challenging that  I needed to restart yet, but that may be due to me pausing the game at the start and getting a collector field up as soon as possible, with turrets/mortar where I think the creeper will get to by the time the structures finish building. usually end up in a low energy situation but put up some reactors after and you should be ok.

some tips, shift+drag will space collectors/relays as far as they can go and allow you to quickly create walls of stuff.  you can click and drag to select multiple units as well, 

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2013, 11:28:23 pm »

Farbor and Arca are the hardest two, I'd say. Especially if you're going for lowest time (which I don't).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2013, 02:29:58 am »

Farbor and Arca are the hardest two, I'd say. Especially if you're going for lowest time (which I don't).
Aren't you necessarily going for a low time in Farbor?

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2013, 02:57:34 am »

Ooooh, this looks fascinating. Downloading the demo now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2013, 10:03:31 am »

Not nessesarily, unless you aim for a prism ship prevention. Half an hour is plenty of time otherwise.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2013, 11:25:00 am »

Not nessesarily, unless you aim for a prism ship prevention. Half an hour is plenty of time otherwise.
So you can still win if you let the prism ship finish? I had no idea, I nuked it on the first try :P

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2013, 11:51:05 am »

the prism ship takes some time to activate the death ray thing,  I had almost got to it but it fired before I could do anything about it,  three minutes more and I would of beat it.  first world I will need to retry though :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2013, 11:54:03 am »

Basically, if you ignore the prism ship entierly you have plenty of time to setup a forge and power, and just barely enough non-excluded space at the top to keep your beachhead running.

This was after several attempts at attacking the prism ship and failing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2013, 11:13:55 pm »

I'm on Egos, the first system that's actually been kind of challenging, from the bizarre network of moving blobs on the first planet to this one with the randomly spawning emitters that just fills the map with creeper, to million fucking spore towers.  I've almost beat the random emitter one, I'm slowly pushing my way to the main emitter.
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2013, 11:22:23 pm »

Randommitter one is the shield map, correct?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2013, 11:23:37 pm »

Yes.
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2013, 11:27:45 pm »

That wasn't particularly hard, assuming you could power enough shields and a reasonable mortar distribution. Once you can do that, you shouldn't hit an overflow point at your walls and can push forwards.

Doing it quickly on the otherhand, I don't know.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2013, 11:55:02 pm »

Yeah, once I figured it out it wasn't too hard.  Mainly it was figuring out how the resource deposits actually work.  Once I figured that out (staying dormant until you hit 0 resources and then consuming their supply to sustain your max output) I was able to take proper advantage of them to put together a defense network and win.
Shoes...

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2013, 03:20:40 am »

That shield level was the first to get me head scratching and also the first that showed me how the deposits work.

Don't normally like TD, but I got on with the others in the series; Have to play it in small doses.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5