Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 219184 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm late to the party, but this game is so fun! So far I've only ever managed to get heroes to resolve level 4 and through some veteran dungeons (wow, these are hard) and I'm sort of baffled how I can both manage to keep enough veterans alive to make progress all the while trying not to get broke and coveting every deed the dungeon can throw at me.
Are low-light dungeon runs reasonably balanced as far as risk versus reward are concerned? I've tried this once and ended up with a whole party of afflicted heroes and barely enough extra capital to make that extra stress worthwhile.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

They're good if you have a bunch of throwaway heroes who aren't really worth keeping because of their quirks/class. So you do a run and just dismiss them afterwards so the only investment was the stuff you brought with you into the dungeon.

Also, had a really nice run in the warrens, which are by far the most annoying place to do. Was going up against the flesh thing, it was going pretty damn nice because I had a great party and I was one room away from it. Then I accidentally unplugged the power cable and lost it all :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

You shouldn't have lost it at all :o
In my experience the autosaving is really good in this game, it will even save in-battle for you.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've had the game crash on me a few times, and the most annoying setback I've faced as of yet was having to re-embark after the game crashed at the dungeon loading screen. Nothing truly heartbreaking.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I don't bother with low-light runs on anything but Short missions because I'm walking away with more loot than I can carry by the end of anything else anyway, but the risk vs reward on those does seem about right.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't bother with low-light runs on anything but Short missions because I'm walking away with more loot than I can carry by the end of anything else anyway, but the risk vs reward on those does seem about right.
That's smart, I'll try that.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Huh, it does seem to save in battle. Probably to prevent savescumming. Finished that run with great success and some nice loot. Also finally braved up enough to attempt a veteran boss run on the siren. Holy shit, while the battles leading up to here weren't too hard I had to pull out. That scaly bitch stole my bounty hunter on turn one and proceeded to murder my plague doctor with him. Occultist barely got out too :C

No idea how I'll handle her tho, stuns maybe? Tho she's damn resistant to them it seems as all of them failed. And that 190 hp is a bitch to get trough when she takes your main source of damage which then causes your secondary source of damage to move into a position where he can't actually plague grenade her anymore :V
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Cash gain is my problem right now. I'm only walking out of normal missions with about 11 to 12k, and that ain't nearly enough to both gear and skill out a full roster of characters and deal with stress, quirks and diseases.

Honestly I feel like toons are leveling up way too fast. It's constantly pushing my expenses higher and higher faster than my cash gains are increasing.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:23:06 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Huh, it does seem to save in battle. Probably to prevent savescumming. Finished that run with great success and some nice loot. Also finally braved up enough to attempt a veteran boss run on the siren. Holy shit, while the battles leading up to here weren't too hard I had to pull out. That scaly bitch stole my bounty hunter on turn one and proceeded to murder my plague doctor with him. Occultist barely got out too :C

No idea how I'll handle her tho, stuns maybe? Tho she's damn resistant to them it seems as all of them failed. And that 190 hp is a bitch to get trough when she takes your main source of damage which then causes your secondary source of damage to move into a position where he can't actually plague grenade her anymore :V
From what I saw on a Vinesauce video, bringing along 4 holy waters (one for each party member, take them before entering the boss room) helps quite a bit to prevent the siren from stealing your party members. Stacking stuns and DoTs helps. Basically, the player managed to kill the Siren in only a few turns without taking a single point of damage.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Also protip.  Torches on the scrolls in the dungeon, herbs on hte coral in hte cove, both removes negative quirks for free, including hard-set ones.
Shoes...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Oh man, the siren and stealing party members. The first time I fought her I had two abominations for dps, a plague doctor, and a jester in the back for dealing with stress and buffing.

3/4 times the siren got a chance to steal a party member, she chose the jester. All the jester could do was play the lute for her. Hellaciously lucky, because the one opportunity where she chose one of my abominations, he dealt 15 damage with rake to both my other abomination and my plague doctor due to the buffs I'd been giving them. She only had one turn with my abomination before I killed her. If she had stolen one of my two abominations right from the start I probably would've had to back out, and probably lose some dudes.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Oh man, the siren and stealing party members. The first time I fought her I had two abominations for dps, a plague doctor, and a jester in the back for dealing with stress and buffing.

3/4 times the siren got a chance to steal a party member, she chose the jester. All the jester could do was play the lute for her. Hellaciously lucky, because the one opportunity where she chose one of my abominations, he dealt 15 damage with rake to both my other abomination and my plague doctor due to the buffs I'd been giving them. She only had one turn with my abomination before I killed her. If she had stolen one of my two abominations right from the start I probably would've had to back out, and probably lose some dudes.
Clearly the strat to deal with the siren is to bring 4 jesters.

They'll have a talent contest song-off.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

One thing that I hate is how mind controlled folks can use skills they don't usually have. So my pure DPS hunter had come hither and further fucked my positioning by pulling the occultist to the front line. Tho it was funny when she took the Leper afterwards and he did withstand before coming back.

Also, didn't think about holy water, mostly because I rarely use the items on characters, only when absolutely neccessary. I'm far too greedy to let a curio go to waste if I can help it XD
What stat does the mind control go off of anyways? Debuff? I might have some trinkets to help with that.
AS - IG

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, didn't think about holy water, mostly because I rarely use the items on characters, only when absolutely neccessary. I'm far too greedy to let a curio go to waste if I can help it XD
What stat does the mind control go off of anyways? Debuff? I might have some trinkets to help with that.

Yeah its debuff. I never even knew you could use holy water on your guys, guess I'll have to try that next time.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've not fought the Siren yet. Which dungeon is she in? Weald?

Edit: Yeah, I had second thoughts and edited in Cove but you ninja'd me ;-)
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 101