Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 219322 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Dungeon. Emotionally traumatize a team of adventurers. The Cove!
« Reply #660 on: October 09, 2015, 06:44:56 pm »

I keep considering getting this game
*I* keep trying to get this game in Blaze's giveaway :P

I could use votes by the way *whistles innocently*
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 09, 2015, 07:47:37 pm »

It's -40% on steam for the weekend. It's a good time to get it imho because i doubt it will ge much cheaper outside of a winter sale.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 09, 2015, 07:58:59 pm »

I changed my mind on the occultist, I have one on my second team atm as a backup for my vestal and he's doing pretty well. I dont know if they upped his crit rate, but he's been critting rather often with his skill atm. His heal also seems to backfire less, too, giving me good values more often, and his debuffs are pretty great against bosses.

I still haven't managed to make the jester useful, though. There's no instance in which I'd use him for damage/bleed instead of a highway man or a hellion, and there are other things that can heal stress while also providing damage or support. Now that they added the houndmaster, there's even less incentive for me to use him.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 09, 2015, 08:03:29 pm »

I like the jester :(

He does awesome work.  Admittedly I use him primarily as a cost-reduction agent, destressing characters insteads of paying for booze, but he is far from useless in a melee.  If he needs to kill I use lunge to slot3 and hook everything.

Having him in a rather flexible lineup helps a great deal.  grave robber too, but I care less for her.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 10, 2015, 03:03:57 pm »

So occultists and houndmasters murderized my party, and I learned tht game will forcegen 4 characters if you dont otherwise have means to have 4 (because they all died, for instance).  Im finishing up my work on my party.  And they all work pretty well.  Id be interested in having a second opinion.

So their ai could probs be better, and there may already be a better was to do it because their atacks are random.  stop marking, start scalping those marks.
Their loot is too high, and at least at this level they're beatable.  I wouldn't want to fight a whole dungeon of just them, but maybe as an uncommon encounter worth slightly more loot (like trinkets) it could be funsies.

Other than that they have more hp than the average bear but they could be more effective if they coordinated.

Anywho:
Please try and tell

-The monster folders go into the monster folder.  Suprises.
-The effects file goes into scripts/effects.  Really all youd need is the summoners buff data, which you dont need if you dont care to use or try it.  So maybe ignore that one.
-The string names goes into localization.  Theyre all bulked in the middle, and not required.  Copy the data out and paste it inot yours?
-Lastly, they need to spawn.  Putting them into a dungeon/mash file will make them spawn.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:32:07 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 14, 2015, 03:44:52 am »

Has anyone else noticed the bag stuffed with gold at the beginning of some expeditions? I can't say for sure but it seems like there's always a pack with 1500-1750 gold in the first hallway of an expedition where I've spent everything prior to embarking. Is this some kind of measure to stop you from screwing yourself or what? Maybe my imagination. It just seems unlikely that you'd find a pack containing that much gold regardless of how bright your torch is, more than a few times in 1-2 play sessions.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 14, 2015, 07:20:00 am »

Werd. Bags i usually get usually have 50 or 100 gold. Maybe it only spawns when you are low on money?
I know i had a run where most unburnt torches had gems in them.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 15, 2015, 11:39:23 am »

So uhhh... How do you camp?

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 15, 2015, 11:52:00 am »

- Have firewood (it's only given on quests where camping is possible, ie. Medium or Long quests)
- Be in a room
- Right click on the firewood

(optional) - Try not to die when ambushed in the night

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 15, 2015, 11:54:47 am »

Speaking of dying to camp ambushes I notice my party is always reversed when that happens. So can you counter that by pre-reversing your party positions? I'll try it and update if nobody speaks up by then

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 15, 2015, 12:25:31 pm »

You can only camp on medium and above missions. If you aren't given firewood at the mission start, you don't get to camp.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 15, 2015, 12:46:00 pm »

So my best party right now is Vestal/Plague Doctor/Jester/Crusader

The jester have +bleed artifacts and the doc +blight. I just stack a lot of dot on the monsters and kill the immediate threats with the Crusader/Jester lance and dirk stab. The 2 guy bleed and 2 guy blight skills are godly even on high hp targets. The while the monsters melt, just stun with crusader/vestal/plague doctor. Any remaining move will serve to heal the party from dmg and stress, and you can easily keep extending fights quite a while this way. The combo even work well on most bosses.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 15, 2015, 12:59:13 pm »

Any remaining move will serve to heal the party from dmg and stress, and you can easily keep extending fights quite a while this way.
Seven words:
Why do we tarry and invite danger?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 15, 2015, 01:19:06 pm »

It doesn't seem to happen if you do a skill that does 1-2 damage like the vestal's stun. I do get it once in a while, but it's inconsistent and not really a problem. This party get back to town with mostly intact sanity, especially if i get to camp with the crusader +25% resist all around skill and 35% to himself.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 15, 2015, 04:57:56 pm »

Camping is a general purpose thing, but strictly speaking its better to use it for its awesome buffs than to remove stress or heal.

Stress resist is pretty nice too, but especially now that the houndmaster is in Ive been focusing more on using stress healers.

If theres a party doing veteran level quests Im probably paying for their destressing and running newbies in dungeon every other mission to train them.

I do have a question: how high is your mortality rate typically?  I dont think I lose people very often at all, and only dismiss them if I get overwhelmed, like at the begining.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:59:35 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 101