Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 219282 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I disagree. With the occ you get TWO penalties, not just one. Considering the bleeding risk, I think rendering the minimum value of heals to 1 point is not out of the question, since even with an one-1-heal guarantee you might well end up LOSING health due to bleed.

BTW remember that bleed gets stronger and more likely with more levels.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IMO it's more fun to play with a party with an occultist in it, because of the crazy RNG. Occultists can trigger and activate your smile & bitch&moan modes in the same time. :D That being said, I only use vestals with specific setups, because the occultist wouldn't fit so well. [ex. x2 lepers/x]

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

good gods the dankest dungeon levels are god awfully difficult...

Spoiler:  Potential Spoilers (click to show/hide)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

The bleed is a complete joke. Yeah, in terms of net hp gained/lost it's a consideration. A consideration completely invalidated by the first 10 pt heal he throws out.

Then again, I think Bleed in general is basically a joke until you reach the DD.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Nope! Try the Cove. Enjoy getting your nards sliced in half by a giant crab. Have fun
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think they should have the heroes unavailable if they fail a mission, and they arent allowed to retry that mission. In exchange when the mission is accomplished, everyones relieved, and they get too go back. Or maybe have it be like a 50% chance to not go back.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

They're going to fix the grinding. Getting upper level heroes directly will be easier.

Also, the veteran heroes are supposed to be useful because they give a 30% xp bonus to other heroes. So... in theory you could use them as companion mentors to other prospective heroes...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope! Try the Cove. Enjoy getting your nards sliced in half by a giant crab. Have fun

That is like, the only bleed in the game short of the DD that is worth mentioning. Most other bleeds, including the OCC, are piddly even at the higher levels.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

The bleed is a complete joke. Yeah, in terms of net hp gained/lost it's a consideration. A consideration completely invalidated by the first 10 pt heal he throws out.

Then again, I think Bleed in general is basically a joke until you reach the DD.
The bleed an Occultist throws out is actually potentially a threat, but mostly because the damage ticks can be deathblows. Desperate situations can make that a real problem in conjunction with a botched heal.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the reason Bleed isnt as effective against heroes is because its primary usage is against High-Protection enemies. Heroes always have tons of hp along with Prot, whereas like the Crab-thing doesnt have much health (like 3 hellion blows would kill it) but its got a buttload of protection.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty much. When you're rolling 35 or 40 HP, 3-2-1 damage doesn't really hurt all that much. Yeah, the real risk comes with Death Blows, but frankly other than surprise max-life crits...if a character is at Death's Door they're pretty much already in deep trouble, bleeds or no bleeds.

Blight on the other hand....is a different story.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no idea why blight is so much more deadly than bleed. Probably because it refreshes, but seriously, bleed stacks too. But whatever.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It:

-Refreshes.
-Stacks at a higher per point value than Bleed.
-Loses damage slower than bleed.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

What do you mean by refreshing and losing damage? Blight is mechanically identical to Bleed, it just usually has higher numbers.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Say you have 2 rounds left in a blight. If you land another round, that blights damage adds to the new blight, but the timer goes to 3 rounds.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 101