Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 219276 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

at least you have a good candidate for a darkest dungeon run

EDIT: this is unrelated, but occultists look damn good with a healing buff trinket like a chirurgeon's charm

saw a crit for 56 healing once, it was magnificent, especially since the target was at death's door at the time
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Deaths door debuffs should be removed on a crit heal. At least for a while
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

So guys, i wanna as, another question: Which charcater is your facorite in terms of personality? Mines Jester and Bounty Hunter. Hunter because whenever he crits hes just "snort, no biggee, ive seen worse" and the jester because hes pretty much the Joker from Dark Knight. When i fought the last boss, he got powerful and just cackled as his allies crumbled. Hell be laughing still....in the end.

FM'LATGH, GRAH'N.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So guys, i wanna as, another question: Which charcater is your facorite in terms of personality? Mines Jester and Bounty Hunter. Hunter because whenever he crits hes just "snort, no biggee, ive seen worse" and the jester because hes pretty much the Joker from Dark Knight. When i fought the last boss, he got powerful and just cackled as his allies crumbled. Hell be laughing still....in the end.

FM'LATGH, GRAH'N.
UNEDUCATED SAVAGES!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Simon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On a unrelated note, I've just realized what keeps me coming back.

I wanna make to love the narrator's voice.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On a unrelated note, I've just realized what keeps me coming back.

I wanna make to love the narrator's voice.
then you will love this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77xxGopjMbY&index=14&list=PLCbN-op7qL6dg9T8S43Vb787nwYJRMViG
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:21:28 pm by redwallzyl »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

then you will love this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77xxGopjMbY&index=14&list=PLCbN-op7qL6dg9T8S43Vb787nwYJRMViG
Daaaaaaamn that's a pretty good playlist.

All the youtube comments are quotes from Darkest Dungeon. Heh.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Simon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the Lovecraft reading, that narrator has a voice so fitting it's hard to believe he wasn't born with it. And just before that happened, he proclaimed: "Teetering on the brink, facing the abyss."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Many fall in the face of Chaos, but not this one, not today.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: this is unrelated, but occultists look damn good with a healing buff trinket like a chirurgeon's charm

saw a crit for 56 healing once, it was magnificent, especially since the target was at death's door at the time

Yep those crits can save a char or even the whole party.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

..but again, they have the tendency to troll heal for 0's 2+ times in a row.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:09:56 am by gimli »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There needs to be an item that raises the Occultists minimum heal value.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

So we could just completely invalidate the Vestal, right?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, no. Like, a level 5 occltist would have the minimm heal of a level 2 vestal
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Which again would remove any point to taking her. The only reason at that point would be for crits on all party heals, and her stun. Otherwise the Occultist would completely outstrip her potential. The chance at a weak or no heal is pretty much the only reason the Occultist isn't the best healer for every situation.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok yeah your right. I do like vestals party heal though. I call it "Stabilise" for some reason. Its great for swine King fights.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 101