Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bionic Dues  (Read 5145 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: Bionic Dues
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 10:15:09 am »

Well, Arcen should have enough weight by now to be able to have release-day reviews from more than just StrategyInformer. Rock Paper Shotgun has a fairly large following, especially in Europe, and they only noticed it existed because it popped up on Steam. All the comments from that article were people who said the game was wicked good, but without official positive coverage it's hard to get initial day sales - which is what defines the initial momentum and, more often than not, I feel, whether the game's going to break even with expenses.

None of the big media outlets have reviewed the game - I don't know if they're reported on its release at least, but still.

At least the two reviews on metacritic are 80+, which is pretty good!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 10:19:09 am »

I'm honestly not sure if you can legitimately call those things' weapons "light" or even "machine gun" at this point. I'm not really sure what you'd call them, considering the outdamage every other weapon I've got access to (at least without a concentrated effort to boost damage, anyway) and outrange almost everything, too (not quite as long range as the railgun or phantom torpedo... yet).

Also haha "too close". Too close is apparently the other side of the freaking map.

I'm okay with that.

Also, to reiterate.

I can spit out 40 of those per mission.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:21:18 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 10:21:10 am »

Epic Gatling, perhaps?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 10:51:30 am »

Or, you know, Nuke :D

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 11:03:41 am »

Spoiler: =D (click to show/hide)

In other news, nearing 60 sensor range on the turret bot of doom. Between that and a concentrated effort to boost phantom torpedo ammo (up to 16, so far!), I can now open up and taunt the entirety of most areas without really needing to move much. Combined with the ridicuturrets, it's doin' some work :P

E: Broke 100 trap skill. In the 110s, now. Turret range 45, damage >3k, 70 ammo. Roughly 7.5 freaking thousand shield points. Why do these guys need exobots again?

E2: Bloody hell, overdrive missions. The turrets are doing 37.2 thousand damage per shot. Also the railgun I just shoved some parts in to is doing >100k. Over. One. Hundred. Thousand. The toughest thing on the map is my turrets at 7-something k hp ;_;
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:13:57 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 11:05:18 am »

I was wondering if there was going to be a DF joke or not for that mech, and there is :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 12:33:13 pm »

Welp.
Last mission before the final battle. I think... I think I'm going to win this go at it.

Maybe. Just possibly.

E:
Spoiler: Make that 326 (click to show/hide)

... s'almost enough to make me want to register for th'arcen games forum just to, like, ask if this is intentional >_>

E2: Victory! On normal. With uberturrets of doom and 20+ capacity shadow torpedos. Good times. Nice to see the victory screen, such as it is, is as underwhelming as AI War's :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:12:46 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 12:38:37 pm »

That's just absurd :P

Also, it might be worth putting that on the official forums, it's clearly a balance problem :\

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2013, 03:19:41 pm »

Sorry to double-post, but just noticed Rock Paper Shotgun has put up a glowing review for it:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/10/11/wot-i-think-bionic-dues/

Yay!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2013, 05:49:00 pm »

Sorry to double-post, but just noticed Rock Paper Shotgun has put up a glowing review for it:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/10/11/wot-i-think-bionic-dues/

Yay!

Yeah, I saw that.  I'm seriously tempted to break my "wait for a sale" rule.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 05:56:55 pm »

Levi, its already on sale.

Launch sale.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2013, 05:58:33 pm »

Pssh, good point.  Totally isn't breaking a rule.   :P

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 11:03:39 am »

Oi, those turrets really are overpowered.  I won my game on normal the same way without much effort.  I think my next game I'm going to ban myself from using them.   :P

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 01:22:51 pm »

Yep, same. Though I think the next patch solves it. I was looking at their bug tracking system, and they had accepted that as a balance issue and fixed it, I think.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2013, 01:47:01 pm »

O_o......... and wishlisted. Next sale, maaaaan. Thanks for pointing this out; like so many others, hadn't heard of it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 [2] 3