Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LCS how do I raise juice?  (Read 3052 times)

Theinsomniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LCS how do I raise juice?
« on: October 06, 2013, 06:30:38 pm »

I'm trying to do a pseudo-pacifist run with a squad of guitar players, now I'm trying to raise the juice of the other members but nothing short of going into combat seems to raise their juice, how do I raise their juice levels?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS how do I raise juice?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 06:50:06 pm »

Actually, guitaring is considered combating them, for some reason, and even then they will fight back and raise the alarm, so its still dangerous, and running away from bullet may give you juice. (MAY! I don't know if it does.)
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 07:04:22 pm »

You can bring your juice up to 40 by causing trouble, (Bring a weapon to scare off mobs, dangerous if there are Police Death Squads around).

Going down to the Cosmetics Lab and unlocking rabbit cages is a pretty good way of raising juice, 3 at a time, but stops giving juice after you have 100 juice.

Stealing things from apartments and such gets you 1 juice, up to 200 juice. And as long as you're not caught it won't go on your criminal record.

Personally I just stealth stab people, it gives something like 10 juice for the murderer and 5 juice to everyone else in the squad. And as long as you're stealthy aboot it it also won't go on your criminal record. That kind of goes against your pacifist notions though.

Maybe hacking? (Even if you don't attract heat, sometimes you will attract very dangerous corporate raids)

http://lcs.wikidot.com/juice

nephilimnexus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 07:37:55 pm »

Consider:

You can eventually get up to 500 juice simply by Hacking and nothing else.  That puts you 50% to the limit right there, and you never have to leave the house.

You can also get 15 to 100 just for attempting to overload a nuclear reactor, up to 500 even if you fail every time.

Which means that, theoretically one can simply:

1) Hack until you hit 500 juice.
2) Make some Lab Coats.
3) Go the University and study Theater (Disguise), Locksmithing (Lockpicking) and Physics (Science) until all three maxed.
4) Drive over to the Nuclear Power Plant, sneak in through the back, head directly to the control room and attempt to shut it down.  Escape.
5) Repeat step four until your Juice is at 1000.

Variation:
Steps 1 thru 3, but then try to infiltrate the Ministry of Truth and hack into their supercomputer.  This will take ten successful attempt to reach 1000 juice, however, whereas you only have to shut down the Nuclear Power Plant five times if the laws are conservative.

You will never even need to carry a weapon, so much as use one.

The downside is that Hacking raises heat, and multiple hackers will have the authorities beating down your door faster than you'd think.

Another trick is to do the above and add Criminal Law (Law) to the list of things to max out at the University.  That way when the cops come busting in you can just surrender, go to trial, and win.  You can get 50 points every time you beat a rap that way, all the way to 1000.  So your professional hacking team can go from 500 all the way to 1000 if they spend enough time becoming lawyers on the side and getting themselves arrested over & over.  However, this is even more risky than the nuclear plant thing, so bear that in mind.

Added bonus: Even one skilled hacker will generate material for the Liberal Guardian faster than you could ever hope to publish it.  In fact it will make you wish that you could publish multiple articles at a time every month.  (That was a hint for the devs)

:)

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 03:37:10 pm »

Added bonus: Even one skilled hacker will generate material for the Liberal Guardian faster than you could ever hope to publish it.  In fact it will make you wish that you could publish multiple articles at a time every month.  (That was a hint for the devs)

:)
Feature request noted. ;)

Oh, and I think the number of major articles you can publish a month ought to equal the number of hideouts with Printing Presses the LCS controls at that moment in time. So, if you have 1 hideout with a Printing Press, you'd still only get to publish 1 big article a month. 6 hideouts with Printing Presses would mean 6 articles a month. That way, having multiple Printing Presses would actually be useful, and there'd still be a reasonable limit on how many major articles you can publish in a month (namely the number of Printing Presses you have).

Oh, and another thing. The newsworthy items you can publish are not stackable. They take up too much space in the inventory. (Often I have like 10 pages worth of newsworthy items in my inventory list!) I have been thinking about whether or not they should be stackable. Personally I would make ALL items stackable but that's just my personal preference, given my experience with ridiculously long inventory lists.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

nephilimnexus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 06:04:12 pm »

Good idea, except that (without mods) the most safehouses that you can ever have with a printing press is currently three - and that's assuming that you shoot up the local crackhouse at some point and take it over.  Or were you including captured CCS safehouses as well?

Of course, in the our modern age, even needing a printing press at all seems kind of... quaint.  Having looked as Asange's history it would be more believable to simply have multiple redundant websites and instead of risking the Firemen coming over to burn your buildings the CIA would just go around trying to knock your servers offline.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 06:31:51 pm »

Are you considering National LCS a mod?

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 07:25:18 pm »

Insofar as A) it's got a gamestopper bug, and B) less moddable safehouses per city, I wouldn't think of NLCS as mainline yet.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 09:03:46 pm »

Try the pawn shop if you find you have too many things to publish; secrets usually have high a pawn value, if you manually pick them to sell. Auto-sell avoids them, since you might want to keep them.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 10:56:28 am »

Insofar as A) it's got a gamestopper bug, and B) less moddable safehouses per city, I wouldn't think of NLCS as mainline yet.

Which bug in it is the gamestopper bug? I'd be interested, haven't heard of it having a gamestopper bug before. And it might have less moddable safehouses PER city but it has many more moddable safehouses overall if you play National LCS. Anyway National LCS is the trunk version, it's not a branch like Stalinist Crime Squad or some of the others, so it's the mainline version in my opinion at least, although perhaps it's still at an alpha or beta stage and not yet ready for a stable release. But by mainline I mean, it's the main version of the game, not some branch or fork or something, I don't mean to say that it's stable, although it actually is pretty close to stable at least as far as many of the bugs I have fixed all being fixed now (yes there are more bugs but the number of bugs is decreasing). And I did accidentally introduce one bug but somebody else luckily fixed it since then (I still have a pretty high ratio of bugs fixed to bugs introduced, despite introducing one bug that I know of and possibly others that I don't know about).

Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 01:10:24 pm »

I consider the recruitment issue a gamestopper for National mode, at least: having to schlep everyone from Seattle isn't something that I'd want to play long-term.  Carlos apparently fixed it, though I had to hunt around for the fix (really should have its own topic, hint hint!) and haven't gotten a chance to try it yet. 

(Hopefully later today.)

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 02:07:49 am »

I don't remember that being a problem in one of my previous runs in national LCS. I had my kill squads always operate outside of Seattle just to keep my Founder extra safe. And they would use their recruitment slots to get sleeper Janitors and the like for maps and such.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 04:41:07 pm »

I consider the recruitment issue a gamestopper for National mode, at least: having to schlep everyone from Seattle isn't something that I'd want to play long-term.  Carlos apparently fixed it, though I had to hunt around for the fix (really should have its own topic, hint hint!) and haven't gotten a chance to try it yet. 

(Hopefully later today.)

Ah, that bug. Carlos DID fix it. I uploaded it to a different website. Here, I'll slightly misquote him (quoting his post about it verbatim, but replacing his link with the copy I uploaded to a different hosting service, so that the link won't expire after like 3 days):

I'm interested in people trying out a recent change I've made; creature types in xml.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nntuex
Here's a new executable and the new xml file you'll have to put among the others. The recruitment bug has been fixed in this too. There was some bug with saving and loading so your saves are not compatible.