Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Oppress Fest CCLXXXVII (6 Player RTD) 6/6 (Chunky Salsa Damage) (New Wait list!)  (Read 7149 times)

Lanky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You aren't sure where you are, but it looks like you're a long way from home.
The last thing you remember was being knocked unconscious and being placed out on a cold  metallic surface as a wailing siren went off, wherever you are it's cold, dank. And ultimately lonely...But little do you know you will soon be a part of the Outer Galaxy's most heinous yearly televised event  Oppress Fest, where the best specimens from the inner universe, the multi-verse and the Sack-verse commpete in deadly combat for the privilege of Living!! (Until the next Oppress Fest where the champion of the last one will return, it's a ratings thing.) Will you fight honorably and claim your victory? Or will you somehow end Oppress fest and save numerous lives?

Explanation:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character Creation
Roll Dem Dice
Oppress Fest!!! Bring your whole family!!!!

THE COMBATANTS!! (Post Order)

WAIT LIST..........
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:45:22 am by Lanky »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Oppress Fest CCLXXXVII (6 Player RTD) 0/6 (Chunky Salsa Damage)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 03:22:36 pm »

Name: Tailoa Zoujak
Race/Species: Jiwhel (A liquid aquatic species, the Jiwhel are almost completely liquid underwater, though with protein constructs that keep them from spreading, with a lysosomic and nurturing liquid making up the area around their floating organs, and allowing the creatures to survive, while consuming simpler organisms. The Jiwhel can be intruded upon by some of the other liquid life of the planet or even sometimes another Jiwhel- hostile organisms will sometimes steal some of the liquid or damage an organ, so Jiwhel intruded upon will gel up and then eat life that enters their bodies, usually. Above land, the Jiwhel have humanoid shaped membranes, which keep their liquid and organs inside, allows them to move, and regenerates quickly, though massive damage will cause the Jiwhel to become chunky puddles on the ground. The organs too are small enough (marble sized) that one can put a Jiwhel in a glass.

The Jiwhel culture has evolved around the issue of the body being stolen from- Jiwhel will keep far away from unknown or unfriendly creatures, and only with a lover will they make actual contact, sharing their bodies.)

Specialization: Regeneration
Appearance: Tailoa's body-soup is a forest green color, and her mate-attractors (two colored organs the size of golf balls that have different colors, and are found in the head) are brick red and mauve. Her membrane is transparent, and her form is particularly short abovewater, and particularly thick underwater.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 03:32:12 pm »

Name: Captain Morgan
Race/Species: Human. Humans are bipedal organisms that live for roughly a century. The majority of their body is near-hairless, with exceptions for the head, axilla, and... other regions. Humans have two arms, two legs, two eyes, two auditory receptors, two closely spaced olfactory receptors, but, oddly, only a single mouth. They are mostly symmetric around a central line drawn vertically to bisect the nose (which houses the olfactory receptors). They come in a variety of hues excluding blue and green, are highly adaptive, and are known for their chaotic personalities and daredevil nature.
Specialization: Daredevilry against the odds
Appearance: Captain Morgan is a pale human with dark hair and beard (special name for the hair that grows from the jaw and neck). He traditionally wears a red pirate coat, admiral's hat, and triumphant grin (an expression of happiness formed by movements of the flesh flaps that cover the mouth when not in use). Normally he'd also be wearing his traditional laser-repeater, vibro-cutlass, and twin boarding blasters, not to mention the commlink to his pirate crew, but he's not sure whether any of that is still with him.
He smells strongly of hydrocarbons.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:51:26 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Lanky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 03:45:26 pm »

Name: Tailoa Zoujak
Race/Species: Jiwhel (A liquid aquatic species, the Jiwhel are almost completely liquid underwater, though with protein constructs that keep them from spreading, with a lysosomic and nurturing liquid making up the area around their floating organs, and allowing the creatures to survive, while consuming simpler organisms. The Jiwhel can be intruded upon by some of the other liquid life of the planet or even sometimes another Jiwhel- hostile organisms will sometimes steal some of the liquid or damage an organ, so Jiwhel intruded upon will gel up and then eat life that enters their bodies, usually. Above land, the Jiwhel have humanoid shaped membranes, which keep their liquid and organs inside, allows them to move, and regenerates quickly, though massive damage will cause the Jiwhel to become chunky puddles on the ground. The organs too are small enough (marble sized) that one can put a Jiwhel in a glass.

The Jiwhel culture has evolved around the issue of the body being stolen from- Jiwhel will keep far away from unknown or unfriendly creatures, and only with a lover will they make actual contact, sharing their bodies.)

Specialization: Regeneration
Appearance: Tailoa's body-soup is a forest green color, and her mate-attractors (two colored organs the size of golf balls that have different colors, and are found in the head) are brick red and mauve. Her membrane is transparent, and her form is particularly short abovewater, and particularly thick underwater.

You're in!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 03:45:41 pm »

Name: Magello
Race/Species: the Magcatchers. The Magcatchers are a fiendish species located on the frozen, crystalline wastes of Vesiphron V, and they typically take the form of a large, seemingly formless, quite luminous crystal lattice ponderously traveling through the air via specialized superconductive electromagnetic structures within their bodies. They are kind of like jellyfish, if jellyfish contained no proteins and instead coded all their information essentially electronically, though their electronic properties have evolved entirely naturally as far as anyone knows. They live very active lives, utilizing their intellects to enslave one another through binding agreements. A Magcatcher's worth is gauged through their number of thralls, and if one doesn't have any thralls of their own, they are somewhat unpopular in the recombination festival, whereupon the best slavemasters get to pass on their substructures to a new Magcatcher generation.
Specialization: Confusing The Enemy
Appearance: Magello is a bright white, somewhat thick sheet of crystals that flashes in many colors as it speaks, about two meters in width and one meter in length, yet also quite expressive and capable of great nuance in both movement and expression - it is difficult to describe, but Magcatchers, famous for their great duplicity and guile, often take foreigners by surprise when they find that they've signed away their entire properties and constitutional freedoms to Magcatcher enslavement teams before they've even got as far as lunch with the dang things.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Name: Derya Tiabous
Race/Species: Nagais: Created from an old order of snake worshippers, blessed with powers by Naga, Ouroboros, Tiamat, and many others. Most have unique features, but all have snakelike eyes, somewhat scaly skin, and a lithe build.
Specialization: Lesser Medusa Derya is somewhat unique even among other Nagais, as she is the convergence of powerful, noble bloodlines. Her father's side of the family, descendant of those blessed by Ouroboros, and her mother's side, blessed by the unnamed master of gorgons and Medusae, give her potent powers.
Her features include green blood, slightly diamond-patterned scaly skin, nearly white irises, and rather fast movement. She isn't built to take hits, however, and easily succumbs to the cold.
She can disorient any foe that looks into her eyes. The longer the eye-contact lasts, the stronger the ability. With a long enough gaze, Derya can exhibit limited control over an opponent's mind and body, essentially sealing their fate to keep staring at her as her power over them grows. Anyone who breaks free after a long gaze is still susceptible to further glances, but this wears off after a little while.

In short, Derya has an eye-contact ability that grows more powerful it's used successively. On the first success, Derya makes it hard for her enemy to coordinate a strike against her, by the third, she is more easily able to keep them looking at her, and by the fifth she is mostly in control. Derya is also nimble.

On the bad side, Derya is not built to take damage and she's unable to brave the cold. She's also not very capable with large weapons.

Appearance: Derya wears a large, olive-color hoodie-like cloak that conceals herself fairly well. Most of the time, it hides her eyes, and falls about her thin form loosely. It bears a slight speckled pattern, as if it was supposed to be camouflaged, but the color variation is so slight it's impossible to tell. The sleeves reach slightly past her wrists. Her pants are very similar, but have a more pronounced patterning.

Underneath her baggy clothes is a scale-pattern camouflage jumpsuit. It matches her slightly scaly skin's pattern, similar to a diamondback snake.

Derya has no fangs, and isn't overly snake-like. She is cold-blooded, her skin is closer to scales, but much smaller than a normal snakes, she does shed said scales (albiet rarely). Her eyes are snakelike, but almost pure white. Most of the time, she hides her nonhuman features under her cloak.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Name: Sasha
Race/Species: Talking Magic Falcon
Specialization: Speed (You're too slow!)
Appearance: A tawny falcon with lightning bolts across her wings. Her talons are fitted with armored claws, and the tips of her wings are steel plated.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

I'll write one up when I wake up.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lanky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 06:29:22 pm »

Name: Magello
Race/Species: the Magcatchers. The Magcatchers are a fiendish species located on the frozen, crystalline wastes of Vesiphron V, and they typically take the form of a large, seemingly formless, quite luminous crystal lattice ponderously traveling through the air via specialized superconductive electromagnetic structures within their bodies. They are kind of like jellyfish, if jellyfish contained no proteins and instead coded all their information essentially electronically, though their electronic properties have evolved entirely naturally as far as anyone knows. They live very active lives, utilizing their intellects to enslave one another through binding agreements. A Magcatcher's worth is gauged through their number of thralls, and if one doesn't have any thralls of their own, they are somewhat unpopular in the recombination festival, whereupon the best slavemasters get to pass on their substructures to a new Magcatcher generation.
Specialization: Confusing The Enemy
Appearance: Magello is a bright white, somewhat thick sheet of crystals that flashes in many colors as it speaks, about two meters in width and one meter in length, yet also quite expressive and capable of great nuance in both movement and expression - it is difficult to describe, but Magcatchers, famous for their great duplicity and guile, often take foreigners by surprise when they find that they've signed away their entire properties and constitutional freedoms to Magcatcher enslavement teams before they've even got as far as lunch with the dang things.
Name: Derya Tiabous
Race/Species: Nagais: Created from an old order of snake worshippers, blessed with powers by Naga, Ouroboros, Tiamat, and many others. Most have unique features, but all have snakelike eyes, somewhat scaly skin, and a lithe build.
Specialization: Lesser Medusa Derya is somewhat unique even among other Nagais, as she is the convergence of powerful, noble bloodlines. Her father's side of the family, descendant of those blessed by Ouroboros, and her mother's side, blessed by the unnamed master of gorgons and Medusae, give her potent powers.
Her features include green blood, slightly diamond-patterned scaly skin, nearly white irises, and rather fast movement. She isn't built to take hits, however, and easily succumbs to the cold.
She can disorient any foe that looks into her eyes. The longer the eye-contact lasts, the stronger the ability. With a long enough gaze, Derya can exhibit limited control over an opponent's mind and body, essentially sealing their fate to keep staring at her as her power over them grows. Anyone who breaks free after a long gaze is still susceptible to further glances, but this wears off after a little while.

In short, Derya has an eye-contact ability that grows more powerful it's used successively. On the first success, Derya makes it hard for her enemy to coordinate a strike against her, by the third, she is more easily able to keep them looking at her, and by the fifth she is mostly in control. Derya is also nimble.

On the bad side, Derya is not built to take damage and she's unable to brave the cold. She's also not very capable with large weapons.

Appearance: Derya wears a large, olive-color hoodie-like cloak that conceals herself fairly well. Most of the time, it hides her eyes, and falls about her thin form loosely. It bears a slight speckled pattern, as if it was supposed to be camouflaged, but the color variation is so slight it's impossible to tell. The sleeves reach slightly past her wrists. Her pants are very similar, but have a more pronounced patterning.

Underneath her baggy clothes is a scale-pattern camouflage jumpsuit. It matches her slightly scaly skin's pattern, similar to a diamondback snake.

Derya has no fangs, and isn't overly snake-like. She is cold-blooded, her skin is closer to scales, but much smaller than a normal snakes, she does shed said scales (albiet rarely). Her eyes are snakelike, but almost pure white. Most of the time, she hides her nonhuman features under her cloak.
Name: Sasha
Race/Species: Talking Magic Falcon
Specialization: Speed (You're too slow!)
Appearance: A tawny falcon with lightning bolts across her wings. Her talons are fitted with armored claws, and the tips of her wings are steel plated.
Name: Captain Morgan
Race/Species: Human. Humans are bipedal organisms that live for roughly a century. The majority of their body is near-hairless, with exceptions for the head, axilla, and... other regions. Humans have two arms, two legs, two eyes, two auditory receptors, two closely spaced olfactory receptors, but, oddly, only a single mouth. They are mostly symmetric around a central line drawn vertically to bisect the nose (which houses the olfactory receptors). They come in a variety of hues excluding blue and green, are highly adaptive, and are known for their chaotic personalities and daredevil nature.
Specialization: Daredevilry against the odds
Appearance: Captain Morgan is a pale human with dark hair and beard (special name for the hair that grows from the jaw and neck). He traditionally wears a red pirate coat, admiral's hat, and triumphant grin (an expression of happiness formed by movements of the flesh flaps that cover the mouth when not in use). Normally he'd also be wearing his traditional laser-repeater, vibro-cutlass, and twin boarding blasters, not to mention the commlink to his pirate crew, but he's not sure whether any of that is still with him.
He smells strongly of hydrocarbons.

You are all in!

Lanky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Waiting for that guy to come back then i can write something up

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're referring to the guy who reserved, that was me.
And you approved my sheet two hours ago.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is why I shouldn't scan threads while doing math at the same time. Whoops.
---

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

This is why I shouldn't scan threads while doing math at the same time. Whoops.
You may have made a

8)

Minor miscalculation.

[I'm sorry.]

Lanky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May wait till tommorow evening before giving his spot away, his time zone indicates a 6 hour gap or something.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4