Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118113 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - New fortress!
« Reply #1410 on: August 19, 2014, 12:03:54 pm »

Is that the area Zan took screenshots of? It must be as the map seems to match. I love it.
Are we building to a theme? Will we have a set area for houses and the rest for civic buildings and etc, what will be built first and most importantly what is going underground?

I think we wanted to make some kind of shaft that goes down to near bedrock and has lava at the bottom, with bridges across. That might change once we survey the area, but we want an underground/dwarf theme.

As for houses: Personally, I like having houses in the same area as the important buildings like factories and storage because it significantly reduces time spent traveling around the settlement. Temporary surface shelters should be first, followed by storage for what we mine out. Next (as we have space), more permanent houses. We'll have a factory sometime in the middle (or the bottom if it takes a while to get stuff). Government should come near the end when we focus on developing things in the fort rather than mining it out.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 19, 2014, 12:15:06 pm »

Abyssi has that, wide central circular shaft with a spiral staircase going down, and with a waterfall/elevator running down the core. It's only about 100 levels high though. Those extreme plains hills are weird.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 19, 2014, 12:38:53 pm »

So, just to be clear, which coords are we moving to, and if they're near NW, are they okay with this?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 19, 2014, 05:20:41 pm »

Well, this thread was a wild ride from start the finish.
It looked so innocent from its title, and midway through, bam, drama.
And some Darkness Induced Audience Apathy, which made me stop reading it for a good fifteen minutes.
...Still, worth the 1.5 - 2 hours of read.

Will be watching this thread, even if I can't participate due to a lack of Minecraft.

Oh, and you had a theater, no? Build another, make a play out of this thread, and sell copies of the script in book form when it gets popular enough.

Nevertheless, keep it up, whatever it is you're doing! I want the see the new fort soon!
...And get more involved in the reddit-thingie. Seriously. Get a de jure claim on your lands and make sure the de jure claimant and the de facto leader stays the same person / group.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 19, 2014, 05:31:44 pm »

So, how far south along the tunnel are we starting the main fortress?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 19, 2014, 05:51:25 pm »

So, how far south along the tunnel are we starting the main fortress?

[REDACTED].  That still might not be enough room for all the death traps, though.  Might want to go to [REDACTED].
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:18:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 19, 2014, 05:51:41 pm »

Here's the idea I had for a shaft:
Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
You guys would probably want something else for the ceiling, though, since it probably won't reach the surface. Also, it would have to be at least 3 arches wide on each side or wider, so we could have bridges.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 19, 2014, 05:55:02 pm »

...since it probably won't reach the surface.

Challenge accepted!
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 19, 2014, 05:56:46 pm »

I found a really nice spot at [REDACTED].  I'm going to post some screenshots soon.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:52:31 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 19, 2014, 06:22:07 pm »

Love it Hugo, but er, it's not round!
Actually octagonal would probably be ok if the corners are done right.

Nevertheless, keep it up, whatever it is you're doing! I want the see the new fort soon!
...And get more involved in the reddit-thingie. Seriously. Get a de jure claim on your lands and make sure the de jure claimant and the de facto leader stays the same person / group.
We can finally have a public city, but a few ground rules are needed, if we mention bay 12 this thread will be found easily revealing dumathoin, we can't easily scrub all references to it so I suggest licking the thread and making a new one, in the new one dumathoin must not be mentioned by name or cords or even by saying that place east of us.
I also suggest keeping a significant part of the city underground locked, private, reinforced and secret it must be well hidden and encased in IRO too. After all this we can announce outer selves on reddit. Of btw what are we naming it? I seriously like the idea of calling it spark gear. Praise the miners. And nahkh.our flag and emblem can be a gear too which is nice.
I'll be coming along today since we seem to have sorted things out...
Edit btw put some brick into that if you can, maybe try a piece at the corners or something.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:26:05 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 19, 2014, 06:22:13 pm »

Here's the idea I had for a shaft:
Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
You guys would probably want something else for the ceiling, though, since it probably won't reach the surface. Also, it would have to be at least 3 arches wide on each side or wider, so we could have bridges.

That looks pretty good, how many of those recesses do we want? I'm thinking at least 10 on each side, but 11 might be more appealing depending on our spacing.

Love it Hugo, but er, it's not round!
Actually octagonal would probably be ok if the corners are done right.

We can finally have a public city, but a few ground rules are needed, if we mention bay 12 this thread will be found easily revealing dumathoin, we can't easily scrub all references to it so I suggest licking the thread and making a new one, in the new one dumathoin must not be mentioned by name or cords or even by saying that place east of us.
I also suggest keeping a significant part of the city underground locked, private, reinforced and secret it must be well hidden and encased in IRO too. After all this we can announce outer selves on reddit. Of btw what are we naming it? I seriously like the idea of calling it spark gear. Praise the miners. And nahkh.our flag and emblem can be a gear too which is nice.
I'll be coming along today since we seem to have sorted things out...

+1. But if someone finds this thread, they can probably follow the trail. It'll be nigh impossible to scrub everything, as you said. Is it worth asking Toady to delete?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:24:37 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 19, 2014, 06:28:21 pm »

The thread will bury itself into the forum as long as we don't link into it, Google will still find it when searching dumathoin however, but as long as we don't use the name nobody will search for it.
100 pages we've had a good run :p

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1422 on: August 19, 2014, 06:32:55 pm »

New thread +1.
We haven't been discussing the new fort for long, so we might be able to track down every reference to it. Though it's probably not worth the effort.
The thread will bury itself into the forum as long as we don't link into it, Google will still find it when searching dumathoin however, but as long as we don't use the name nobody will search for it.
100 pages we've had a good run :p
Even then, I don't like the risk, but I'll let someone else make the final decision.

Anyway, I was going to log in and check out the new site, by my Internet has crapped out and is going very slowly for no reason. I've checked everything and the problem's not on my end, sooo... yeah.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 19, 2014, 06:51:01 pm »

Hey, this thing. I suppose I'll jump back in on it, if I can get a decent connection and my mouse decides to work.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 19, 2014, 07:05:56 pm »

Also, isn't our civ called 'The twelfth bay'

Kinda obvious.
Oh it'll be obvious we're from bay12, but our new thread will be seen and hopefully the old one won't as it gets buried . we should just respect golds privacy, it'll stop us getting shit in the future, also I recommend in the new thread we not discuss security arrangements, the hidden part of the fort, wealth etc.
Private subreddit or messages ?
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97