Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118146 times)

gold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders
« Reply #1200 on: August 09, 2014, 03:55:49 pm »

I am some what saddened by how popular this was and know once again it is dying out. i am on every day mostly all day (no life here) and I only see maybe 2 people get on. Its like people are here just to talk about the game not play it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 09, 2014, 04:16:37 pm »

I am some what saddened by how popular this was and know once again it is dying out. i am on every day mostly all day (no life here) and I only see maybe 2 people get on. Its like people are here just to talk about the game not play it.

I have college coming up and have a few games on Steam I want to play.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 09, 2014, 09:25:29 pm »

@gold

Believe it or not, some of us have this weird thing called a 'job', where you go out and do things for money. They're really nice, you should get one. [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, though, don't be mad at people for not playing as much as you. I'd love to be on more, but I'm a lifeguard, and it's the end of the season, so I'm working more or less constantly. I have tomorrow off, though. I'll be alternating between playing Minecraft and playing Xenonauts.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 09, 2014, 09:25:55 pm »

doublepost.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:53:35 pm by tahujdt »
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 09, 2014, 09:31:07 pm »

Updating 2 games. Also, online classes.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 10, 2014, 12:52:07 am »

Dddddddddoublepost!!!!!!

But anyway, gold if you have a problem with the way we've been conducting ourselves please use this open forum to discuss things in a calm and reasonable manner, I know theres been some heat between your friend and tahujared but I'm only hearing one side of the story, what gives? If things degenerate into infighting and attitude develops from anyone in a position of power it's likely to drive people away and cause abandonment which we don't want.
Myself I work around 10 hours a day and generally am quite unable to do anything requiring concentration or effort when I get home so I'm somewhat limited to time on my weekend plus perhaps a few hours every couple of days.
Believe it or not this is about as active as we have been, and most citys are similar, I'm hung out in Carbon, Commonwealth, Titan, Mount Augusta etc and generally there's only around 2-6 people who are on daily, and this is city's with far larger populations than us.
Update on the dome:
The first 2 levels are done, I kinda broke through the mountain top in one corner, but buried it in dirt, It looks like I won't have another problem with that untill i get near the ceiling as from this point on it pretty much just arcs towards areas that have already been partially dug out.
I pushed the dome base up a further 6 levels in order to better fit in with the height of areas already partially dug out, I may have a problem when I reach the top but I don't expect it to be major.
The increased height allows a nice ring of decorative arches to ring the dome base, it would be nice to put a walkway behind the arches but there may be a few existing rooms behind the area. The second level of the storeroom being one, but that can easily be fixed, we can afford to lose maybe 2 rows of chest there, and also someones 'secret office' is partially in the way, I won't say who's but it really only needs to take maybe 4 blocks from your walkway, we can discuss details if you're ok with the idea.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 10, 2014, 12:43:21 pm »

Hello fellow minecraft invaders i will be getting on,just letting you know that im not a raider my username is birdboy453, can someone pm me the coordinates?
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 10, 2014, 05:34:23 pm »

I should probably come join you nerds.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1208 on: August 10, 2014, 05:53:15 pm »

Hello fellow minecraft invaders i will be getting on,just letting you know that im not a raider my username is birdboy453, can someone pm me the coordinates?
  • Generally, we only trust people who we know, on the forums or otherwise.
  • At the time of writing, this is your first and only post on this forum.
  • Posts in FG&RP don't count.
  • I'm sorry, Lyeos.
  • Unless someone (whom we trust) vouches for you, no-one will send you co-ordinates.
  • If someone already has sent you co-ordinates, they are a traitor and will be punished accordingly.
  • Saying you're not a raider does not mean we will believe you. We know nothing about you.
  • My apologies if this seems rude, but griefers are not something we're prepared for.
  • Hang on, I mean we're fully prepared and I'm trying to help you because attacking us means certain death.
  • I'm definitely being honest about the previous point.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 05:56:42 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 10, 2014, 07:55:26 pm »

He actually sent me a PM asking for the coordinates before he posted in the thread. I told him to at least introduce himself first.

I thought about sending him the coordinates, but I decided to wait until he became an active forum member. He has made a total of three posts so far, including the one in this thread. The other two are in DF General Discussion, so it's not too suspicious, but I'm inclined to wait a week or two.

I don't think he's a raider, but it would be best to be careful.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:58:10 pm by Elephant Parade »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 11, 2014, 12:16:48 am »

If you're interested in the server there are a lot of good cities around with good people you can learn from, since you're kinda unknown around here we do have that rule to protect the fortress, but after you've shown to be trustworthy I'm sure we won't have a problem.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 11, 2014, 01:38:16 am »

I'm back, and I've quit my job in order to start school again. This is my last week, so after that I will (probably) actually have the time and will to contribute to this. I'll probably get on sporadically to see how things are going before that. I know it's early, but I don't want to be locked in a room or something because I don't belong to the group.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 11, 2014, 01:48:29 am »

I'm back, and I've quit my job in order to start school again. This is my last week, so after that I will (probably) actually have the time and will to contribute to this. I'll probably get on sporadically to see how things are going before that. I know it's early, but I don't want to be locked in a room or something because I don't belong to the group.
Everyone should still be on the right groups even if they've been very inactive.
Tahu I'm sorry but I have stolen some of the space of your 'secret office' due to it's proximity to the area under the dome, I dug a new passage connecting it together so it should be ok, I hope? please don't kill me.......
If anyone gets on and wants to see the work I have done, which isn't really much, look at the area above the mayors office, the line of arches will continue around the whole perimeter and get the same stone brick treatment the rest of the fort has, I'll be changing the spacing to look more even, and hopefully I can widen the walkway to more than the single block it is currently is.
The cobble above the arches shows where the dome is starting, if you look way up to the cealing you'll see the layer of cobble tahu already constructed , the dome should ark smoothly towards that, but I think I'll have to remove that layer and finish about 4 blocks higher....

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 11, 2014, 07:27:36 am »

Tahu I'm sorry but I have stolen some of the space of your 'secret office' due to it's proximity to the area under the dome, I dug a .
I don't really care, I wasn't using it anymore.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 11, 2014, 01:55:38 pm »

I should probably come join you nerds.

Ditto. WIP.

• Generally, we only trust people who we know, on the forums or otherwise.
  • At the time of writing, this is your first and only post on this forum.
  • Posts in FG&RP don't count.
  • I'm sorry, Lyeos.
  • Unless someone (whom we trust) vouches for you, no-one will send you co-ordinates.
  • If someone already has sent you co-ordinates, they are a traitor and will be punished accordingly.
  • Saying you're not a raider does not mean we will believe you. We know nothing about you.
  • My apologies if this seems rude, but griefers are not something we're prepared for.
  • Hang on, I mean we're fully prepared and I'm trying to help you because attacking us means certain death.
  • I'm definitely being honest about the previous point.

I honestly feel that the above is only fair, but how will he prove he/she's trustworthy? Randomly Located Training Settlement? I thought that was the point of Dale... it's important to set a precedent for anyone else who stumbles across this thread or the Fortress.

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 97