Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118284 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - We may get invaded! Help us defend!
« Reply #1095 on: July 26, 2014, 05:08:20 pm »

And I'm back, ten days later, to discover that nothing has changed.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1096 on: July 26, 2014, 08:41:16 pm »

I think interest in this thing has gradually declined. Soon it will be in the negatives, and everyone will come join us.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 26, 2014, 08:46:42 pm »

I think maybe Mark is still doing something.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 27, 2014, 12:25:28 am »

heh, even my interest is less than it was, but I think It's mostly how I feel bad for what happened with goldminer, I would feel better if I could have contacted him and maybe sorted some stuff out.
BTW I just saw the hole in the workshop under the cobble room, I'm assuming that was GM's room under there where I found that sword which was clearly marked as being the kings. You guys know I was just holding it, I had no plans on using it or selling it or whatever, everything else of any value that was in there I still have and would have gladly given back.
Anyway, I've been collecting diamonds and obsidian so I can finally finish reinforcing the vault, I just want to remind tahujdt that he needs to put the majority of his diamonds into DRO for there to be any security.
Oh and needless to say, I'll be making the vault DRO into a personal group so they can't be ripped off if I stupidly give access to the wrong person :p
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 27, 2014, 01:23:35 am »

I'm still poking around every now and then when I can get on.  I'm finishing up the halls between old and new Dumathoin.

That does sound like his sword Marc.  His dwarf fortress handle is "gold" if you want to drop him a PM.  He doesn't come here often, but I think a PM will send an email notification.  Might want to stress you guys were worried about the HCF looting the place.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1100 on: July 27, 2014, 03:57:12 am »

Apparently the UIA has been replaced by DATASS. Civcraft has the best acronyms.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 27, 2014, 07:00:54 am »

As I gather, the UIA was an alliance between FAGT (Titan) and Grundeswald, there has been drama from Grundeswald hence them being dropped from the alliance.
The new DATASS alliance consists of Titan, XIPHAs, Neverwhere and Commonwealth, which suits me as I've been spending a lot of time in CW lately.
And of course we're now part of DATASS.
Edit: so 'gold' has never been active in the forum, heh, fingers crossed there would be an email notification?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 07:03:35 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 27, 2014, 01:44:01 pm »

You say we're part of DATASS, do they know where Dumathoin is?

I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 27, 2014, 02:56:23 pm »

I would assume that Shady knows where we are, you know that Ryden resigned and left Titan to him right?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1104 on: July 27, 2014, 02:57:00 pm »

I don't think we are officially, but we're all buddy-buddy with Titan IIRC, so something.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 27, 2014, 03:01:29 pm »

Well UIA annexed the land we're founded on as well as goldminers other settlements, so technically we're more of a DATASS protectorate or something now.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 27, 2014, 03:12:53 pm »

Sanwi is one of the heads of the new group, and I know he was on solid terms with GM and even had a place in Dumathoin back when I first joined a year ago.  He even maintained a number of snitches to help protect it, but I doubt they are still active now.  He intercepted me when I tried to migrate to Dumathoin, thankfully he was aware of the DF migration at the time.

So between him and Titan, I'm sure they are more than aware of Dumathoin, and I doubt they mention its location to many people.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 27, 2014, 04:13:09 pm »

I would assume that Shady knows where we are, you know that Ryden resigned and left Titan to him right?
Well, yes, I knew that. I meant whether we were know to DATASS as a whole.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 27, 2014, 06:39:56 pm »

Ah, I'm not sure, but we're still secret to the general community, despite how commonly I heard people in Titan mentioning "the dwarves", so I'll assume that quite a few people there have heard of us but don't really care or know where we are.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 27, 2014, 06:46:10 pm »

Ah, I'm not sure, but we're still secret to the general community, despite how commonly I heard people in Titan mentioning "the dwarves", so I'll assume that quite a few people there have heard of us but don't really care or know where we are.

It might be good if our exact location remains unknown, even if people know about us, until we get things properly set up.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 97