Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118484 times)

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - We may get invaded! Help us defend!
« Reply #960 on: June 19, 2014, 04:47:15 pm »

We need to use cave spider spawners, they poison you, are smaller, and are very scary.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 19, 2014, 04:56:12 pm »

We need to use cave spider spawners, they poison you, are smaller, and are very scary.

The Dale mines (Follow the road until the end where it goes down into the ground on the other side of the wheat field from the road that goes through the farms.  Go left inside the underground area.   Right goes to the sewers.)  Going down the cave will cause you to reach a mineshaft that I saw some cobwebs in when I was trying to get the place lit up.  There might be a spawner in there.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 19, 2014, 05:00:02 pm »

Found dozens of spiders, though no spawner (had to run) through a hole under Old Dumathoin.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 19, 2014, 06:24:58 pm »

It has been a long time since I last played with the dwarven invaders, so time to come back ! Can someone pm me the coords of the base ?

(btw I'm Maunoir in-game)
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 19, 2014, 07:11:37 pm »

I just figured out a completely secure way to store some materials, though it's tedious and requires a lot of space. But it is 100% secure.

Simply reinforce bedrock with it. The downside is, this only works for storing stone, iron, or diamonds. And it's 1 block per item, so not good for mass storage. So maybe it's only practical for storing diamonds, but we can ensure at least some diamonds are totally secure, no matter what.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 19, 2014, 07:14:04 pm »

If push comes to shove and you have to hide something... I wonder whether people actively check furnaces for items. It's a good way to discretely hide an item if you're desperate I imagine.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 19, 2014, 08:35:39 pm »

Meta/Mauknoir has been added to the OP.

Unless the server has messed with something, spawners cannot be mined. No, not even with Silk Touch.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 19, 2014, 09:20:19 pm »

I just figured out a completely secure way to store some materials, though it's tedious and requires a lot of space. But it is 100% secure.

Simply reinforce bedrock with it. The downside is, this only works for storing stone, iron, or diamonds. And it's 1 block per item, so not good for mass storage. So maybe it's only practical for storing diamonds, but we can ensure at least some diamonds are totally secure, no matter what.
Dear God... that's genius!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 19, 2014, 09:25:31 pm »

Hmm, on second thought it may be possible to store a few stacks in a relatively compact area. A stack, after all, is only an 8x8 square of bedrock. Getting them out would be a chore, I imagine, but we could secure an entire stack that way.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 19, 2014, 09:35:34 pm »

That explains the pig spawner I found.
I figured out a way of using snowmen and a spawner for a deathtrap.
I just need to reroute a major hallway near a spawner.

Never mind, you can't be hit by crossfire, a shame theres no convienant skeleton spawners.
BTW there is a spider spawner somewhere near the cobble room.

I have removed all outside signs that referenced dumathoin, changing some to only say city.
I have blocked off added a locked door and reinforced the entrance near the tower. It now says "vacant lot" but can be changed to something more deceptive.
I am going to buy some sticky pistons from Titan for making a more secure door.
Also in case anyone didn't see my last post,the new group I am locking doors to is Dumagate.
My current list of residents doesn't quite match the OP. here it is for reference:
Code: [Select]
Elephant Parade: Elephant_Parade
Baffler: One_Eye_Jim
Zanzetkuken The Great: Zanzetkuken
Scotsmen: Scotsmen
Cmega3: Cmega3
MarkAFK: MarkAFK
InsanityIncarnate: TheOrangeWizard
Squill: narry40
Toaster: SaintToaster
FearfulJesuit: dhokarena56
tahujdt: tahujared
Cellmonk: benr239
TheDarkStar: TheDarkStar
mcclay: Mclay
birdy51: Gmanbirdman (not a member of Dumathoin)
Propman: Namkobcram
poketwo -same
xxxxyyyy -same
bob_namg- the_bob_namg

murphyslaw- murphys1aw ?
Djohaal -??????????
new guy - ?????????
??????????? Mightyblock?

Djohaal and new guy don't have access as  idon't know their ingame, also who is Mightyblock in the forum?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:59:08 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #970 on: June 19, 2014, 10:27:30 pm »

Ninja'd:We'd need to move their spawner closer to the surface, since it's unlikely the invaders would be down there. Of course, IIRC, moving spawners turns them into pig spawners
Unless the server has a plugin to change it, Silk Touch does not work on spawners. It's impossible to move them.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 19, 2014, 11:36:56 pm »

I'm currently mapping out the rail lines, It's a damn mess of backtracking and galf finished tunnels and stations.
BTW does anyone remember where the half finished tunnel under the 4 main rail tracks is?
I can't find it anymore.
EDIT:

So I found the stoneark line, I believe half is now our Titan line and the other half is now part of the CIC going from Titan to orion.
I found Mithril mountain, there's alot of crap here I'm going to make a Mt Mithril SToreroom, has anyone else been here?
About a 1/4 of the line is broken and theres a sign asking if we could move part of it near somebodys small mining outpost to our east.
Also, who has the silk pick? I found a couple of diamonds and also need to name and repair it.
Wheat would be appreciated.

EDIT: theres rails here going in many directions, I'll be some time mapping this... Also There's a town of churchill
I couldn't find Churchil, But the line running north of Mithril Mountain leads directly to XIphas.

Shall I repair the Mithril mountain line? While I'm here I'm going to reroute the Lal-Dumathoin line to the main Rail hub.

Edit:
Tahu! Where's the pick! :'(
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:42:32 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 22, 2014, 07:27:03 pm »

When can we expect the invasion?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 22, 2014, 10:04:15 pm »

I haven't been on since Saturday, but we don't really know if they'll ever come. We're really out of the way geographically, and still relatively unknown.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 22, 2014, 10:31:07 pm »

Read the OP, still gonna ask a stupid question: What is Dwarven Invaders?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 97