Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118546 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Now establishing a civilization!
« Reply #900 on: June 14, 2014, 08:51:47 pm »

Gentledwarves, we slowly approach a precipice. I have been in constant communication with Mr. llShadyGuyll, one of the owners of Titan Co., and he has informed me that every year, about two weeks from now, a horde of barbarians from the north large group of professional HCF PvPers get there summer kicks from raiding Civcraftia. They will all be equipped with full combat gear (Prot. armor, sharp. V sword, knockback sword, bow, and lots of potions).

He has informed me of their abilities. These invaders are experts in melee and long-range combat. They come from a server where one cannot break blocks in another's base, so they are experts in finding chinks in security. If there is one unreinforced block in a wall, they can find it. They each have an alt account, and will use it to track down whoever killed them. They will almost undoubtedly use X-Ray.

He has informed me of their predicted plans. They plan to first raid Carson and seize the vaults there, which contain the pearls of many of them who were defeated during their Spring Break incursion. From then on, it is unknown.

I have given him many original trap ideas, that he assures me are new, or at least a twist on the old. I will not detail them in a public address.

He has told me the best way to secure our riches. In case of emergency, grab whatever you can from the vault, and log off. As soon as you can, transfer your bed to a DRO safehouse deep underground.

Gentledwarves, over the next week, we will transform this fortress into a deathtrap worthy of Armok himself! Again, we shall not discuss it openly. Rather, we should do it in a private chatroom.

Dis-missed!

EDIT: A list of known HCF raiders from last year can be found here. There will be more invading this year, those are just the ones who invaded last year.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:19:10 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 14, 2014, 11:21:45 pm »

What chatroom do we normally use for these sort of things? If you're willing to tell, PM me, of course. I've faced fiends like these blokes before, and after both victories and defeats, have devised how to handle them.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 14, 2014, 11:35:13 pm »

By Xray, do you mean that extremely cheaty client-side mod?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 14, 2014, 11:52:38 pm »

By Xray, do you mean that extremely cheaty client-side mod?
You can do xray with just vanilla-supported texture resource packs by just making common ground blocks like stone and dirt transparent in all but part (or, I think with modern changes, translucent).

But yeah, there's mods for it too.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 15, 2014, 12:08:57 am »

The one I'm thinking of highlights redstone stuff and can sometimes allow flight.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 15, 2014, 02:51:53 am »

yup. That one.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 15, 2014, 05:34:30 am »

If we don't already have a chatroom, I can get us an IRC set up and hand out the password by PM.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 15, 2014, 06:24:58 am »

Could we sever the rail link to [Nearby city], that might buy us some security.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:06:27 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 15, 2014, 01:10:26 pm »

Could we sever the rail link to Titan, that might buy us some security.
At least, cover it with smoothstone 5 deep.
If we don't already have a chatroom, I can get us an IRC set up and hand out the password by PM.
Yes please.

I will distribute a document over PM with simple advice on good things to do in general. It is unlikely that they will find our thread here, but not out of the question.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:12:27 pm by tahujdt »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 15, 2014, 04:07:29 pm »

If they use the flight function of that plugin, then that might be against the server rules. Raiding and griefing may be permitted, but cheating is not. They're probably smart enough not to do that, though.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 15, 2014, 04:22:19 pm »

Flying is immediatly discovered, I get kicked for flying when I have bad lag.
X-ray however is hard to find out.
Also cave mapping is banned if anyone was wondering.
But radar is fine because it's hard to police against....
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 15, 2014, 04:31:15 pm »

We shall drive off these Spaniards yet! Though, is holing up behind walls of magma sandwiched between obsidian, after hiding the entrances to the city an option? Dale wouldn't be too difficult to rebuild.

Also, filling rooms full of false chests.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 15, 2014, 06:12:32 pm »

“Civil defense is common sense.”
   -CONELRAD

Given the imminent invasion of the HCF group calling itself Recharge, you may be wondering, “How can I defend myself and my home?” This document will give you some much-needed advice on how to survive, as well as several tricks and traps you can use.

“How can I survive?”
      Your first option is to obtain a full set of Diamond armor enchanted with Protection IV. If you can obtain that, then you are not likely to be the kind of person to read this guide. There are, however, several other things you can do with a much cheaper price tag.
Build yourself a safehouse out of obsidian, at least iron-reinforced, and move your bed there. Stock it with provisions and emergency combat gear.
Have all of your goods condensed into a easy-to-carry form. Make blocks out of items, stack items with other players (keep track of who's is who's), and make sure that, at the last resort, you can log off with all of your riches.
Stay hidden. Each of these invaders will have a full combat loadout, consisting of protection diamond armor, sharpness V sword, knockback sword, bow with misc enchants, breaking/looting equipment, and a full potion set. You cannot win in combat.
If you somehow pearl one, or obtain the pearl of one, get rid of it. Give it to Titan, or preferably Commonwealth. A pearled player can tell where his pearl is at all times, and the Recharge will stop at nothing to recover the pearl of a member.

“How can I fight the bastards?”

Feeling cocky, eh? Well, practice your PvP, but don't expect to win. If you want to aid in the fight, contact tahujdt(IGN: tahujared) and tell him you want to aid in the fight.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 15, 2014, 06:18:38 pm »

Mind if I remove that obsidian pillar in Dale? Or is it a landmark now?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 15, 2014, 06:22:53 pm »

We should modify the thread title to try to get as many Bay12ers as possible to come to the defense.

Mind if I remove that obsidian pillar in Dale? Or is it a landmark now?

If you're talking about the one by the inn, I got permission from the creator to remove it to extend the road.

Edit: Also, someone pm me the irc place.

Edit2: If we haven't officially announced ourselves, we should wait til after the invasion.

Edit3: Tahujt, can you pm me what you were told.  I logged off and forgot to write down the server.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 06:53:03 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 97