Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118595 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Now establishing a civilization!
« Reply #825 on: June 09, 2014, 10:02:21 pm »

Apologies for my disappearance, I find more and more that I'm not able to bring myself to do anything else on days I have to work. I'm going to try to pop on more from now on, though it'll still mostly be on weekends.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 09, 2014, 11:27:51 pm »

I just discovered that if you find a single diamond ore it's probably part of a vein, I found one ages ago and mined it, I'll try to go back when I get a silk touch or fortune pick, Its under the ocean somewhat near carbon.Also I just buried our south entrance to hide it, there's diamond and iron locked chests containing god knows what, and I don't want them griefed untill I can break them open.
If anyone owns them speak up now.
Edit: I added a walkway to the storeroom, that top shelf was pissing me off. Perhaps we should split the room into 2 levels anyway?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:08:19 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 10, 2014, 11:38:38 am »

Roight, so, shall I head into Titan to sell my gold ore?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 10, 2014, 11:50:12 am »

I dunno who's buying them atm, but on reddit someone from Titan mentioned how valuable gold ore blocks are.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 10, 2014, 12:37:43 pm »

Okay, so I got to Titan, found no-one around, walked 'round the moat, found MarcAFK's little nook, got in a minecartvator unsuspectingly, and got trapped in a cell. Shall I wait to be freed, or would I be amiss in digging myself out?
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 10, 2014, 12:58:11 pm »

Trapped in a cell?If you're in the titan hole I'm sure a little more digging isn't going to be a problem.
Also i still need to ask ryden for thsoe 4 diamonds for my digging.
Edit: I built a chicken coop in Town, the bottom trap doors prevent adult chickens from escaping, but in order to fill the alcoves you need to install a top trap door, open in, then chuck eggs in untill a baby pops, then close the top door untill the chicken grows up. Eventually you can fit 4 adults into each alcove.
The house should hold 256 chickens if my maths is correct. Btw you gotta jump around to get the eggs in the top alcoves.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:10:42 am by MarcAFK »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 10, 2014, 01:04:05 pm »

As in, I took a minecartvator, and it took me up to Y=137, in a DRO cell, with DRIron doors.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 10, 2014, 02:48:42 pm »

I'm going to join, username is my name here

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 10, 2014, 03:10:19 pm »

Okay, I got out of the cell, sold my gold ore, and bought enough gold to finish up the ore smelter. We are still short on iron. If anybody has any, donation would be appreciated.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 10, 2014, 04:51:15 pm »

Okay, doubleposting for a status update: we have all the materials needed for an ore smelter save one stack of iron. Now, the question is: Do we really want to build it now? ATM, we have no need for an ore smelter. We are not getting nearly enough ore to be able to use it. If we build it now, we'll have to pay for the upkeep costs until we have enough ore to use it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 10, 2014, 05:26:47 pm »

Okay, doubleposting for a status update: we have all the materials needed for an ore smelter save one stack of iron. Now, the question is: Do we really want to build it now? ATM, we have no need for an ore smelter. We are not getting nearly enough ore to be able to use it. If we build it now, we'll have to pay for the upkeep costs until we have enough ore to use it.

I say we leave the supplies in a locked chest til we have enough of an income.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 10, 2014, 08:19:02 pm »

Make sure we cover the chest in a few layers of dro, we've been lucky so far not to have been grieved.
Also I might have a little more iron to donate, I can't remember.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 11, 2014, 12:04:58 am »

If you're really breathing new life into the mountain home as I once heard, then you have my support lads! Captain Dalius Antonine Namkob (that last bit is my Minecraft name if you're so inclined), Admiral of the Dumathoin Navy at your service. Or at least I was, before the abandonment.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:54:28 am by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 11, 2014, 12:12:45 am »

If you're really breathing new life into the mountain home as I once heard, then you have my support lads! Captain Dalius Antonine Namkob, Admiral of the Dumathoin Navy at your service. Or at least I was, before the abandonment.

Want to keep that rank?  I'll appoint you to that position through my authority as the Commander of the Twelfth Bay Military Forces.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 11, 2014, 12:45:39 am »

Oi, if you'll still call me the Cap'n.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 97