Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118596 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Now establishing a civilization!
« Reply #795 on: May 31, 2014, 09:22:04 pm »

I'm not going to be on the server at any time over this next week.  Going over to a grandparent's house in another state to do some work on their house.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 01, 2014, 11:37:33 am »

Alright, as just on and explored the Fortress. Thinking I want to be signed up for the military. Where should I put my residence?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 01, 2014, 01:05:10 pm »

Hey! I finally got around to beginning to set up a mining outpost in some likely less mined out lands.

Coordinates are x 1004, z 13971.

Name is Lal-Dumathoin (lal is DF dwarven for south)

If anyone wants to, I could use help building it. Post here and if I see it I'll try to get there and explain what to do.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 01, 2014, 02:06:03 pm »

If anyone wants to, I could use help building it. Post here and if I see it I'll try to get there and explain what to do.

I'll build the road to it from Dale.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 01, 2014, 04:17:04 pm »

I've made a rail elevator linking the mines and the cobble room, it works well but I'm not entirely happy with the position of the upstairs station. Also I can't for the life of me work out how to launch a mine cart with furnace while positioned inside a regular minecraft in front of it, but still it should cut down on hauling stone from that mine. I haven't yet linked the elevator station with the main rail line yet however, also I seem to have logged off with all our mine arts, sorry :p, I'm going to visit the main cities again and purchase some cheap minecarts, and powered rails. Also I've started on a staircase above the entrance to dale, since access to the third level at the moment is with a ladder which is significantly less awesome.
Mcclay, everyone so far has residence in the main hall, maybe in future we might move to the dorms to use the central space better, but for now I guess just pick an empty wall and dig through it to see if there's room, most residences ATM are around 7-10 blocks square, (mine is 10), oh and watch out for magma :p
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 01, 2014, 04:42:40 pm »

I just built an iron pickaxe smeltery. Pickaxes are now on sale in the Dale Trade Depot for 2 iron ingots apiece.

Anyone mind if I use some of the iron in storage to make some picks? Those, of course, would be free.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 01, 2014, 04:52:46 pm »

So at the outpost, I may have gotten carried away with the architecture. If at all possible, I would appreciate a good amount of birch and stone from anyone coming from Dale. I'm about to make a supply run.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 01, 2014, 10:56:25 pm »

Ungodly amounts of sand and shovels later, the Glass Smelter is complete.  There's now 768 1536 glass bottles in storage, so hopefully that's enough for a long damn time.  I'll do a run of glass blocks as well.

EDIT- Forgot to change the recipe.  Uh... bottles anyone?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:00:49 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 02, 2014, 12:04:57 am »

Awesome, Where did you store the bottles, In the storeroom, Near the wood cauldron, or In the enchanting room?
Also, It's possible to recover the Diamond locked factory down in the forges, you just need to break every part, then replace them and reinforce them again, the factory remembers the position it was in even if all parts have been destroyed, but uh, diamond locked so ....
I just want to check that none of us actually own or control that factory before I attempt to crack it.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 02, 2014, 07:40:40 am »

Awesome, Where did you store the bottles, In the storeroom, Near the wood cauldron, or In the enchanting room?

The storeroom.  Next time I'm on, I'll get the sand for actual glass blocks.

Do we have any glass-based projects coming up?  The smelter does a lot more than the github page for it says it does; it can make glass blocks, panes, bottles, as well as sandstone and red sand.  256 sand turns into 768 bottles or glass blocks, so it goes a long way.

That island to the south of us is a lot smaller now, FYI.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 02, 2014, 01:58:10 pm »

I broke into the Chests near the dorm, the diamond locked one contained 3 diamonds and a few iron bars, the rest of them contained a buttload of cobble and smooth stone.
I need to ask, does anyone own the "private workshop"? I broke into the Stone smelter but left the chests and diamond locked factory alone.
Also If anyone sees a massive pillar please leave it alone, I was exploring the skylight with the intention of putting glass into it, I found a crafting table and a bed up there.....

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 03, 2014, 06:37:19 pm »

I hope to Armok everyone else is having better luck mining than me. I dug forever and only found 3 diamonds, not even part of a vein.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 03, 2014, 07:20:37 pm »

Speaking about mining, I finished up the walls of the mining outpost at x 1004, z 13971. I'm getting off for the day, but if someone could bring probably around 10 stacks of smooth stone out so I can redo the caps and make a floor, that would be nice.
We have a stone smelter factory don't we? If so, even if you don't actually bring it out, if you could just put some cobble I could come pick it up when I get on tomorrow.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 03, 2014, 07:36:17 pm »

We have a stone smelter factory don't we? If so, even if you don't actually bring it out, if you could just put some cobble I could come pick it up when I get on tomorrow.

We do- there's several chests of smooth stone in Cobble Storage.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 03, 2014, 08:14:23 pm »

I've found about twenty diamonds so far, actually. I tend to find a few on every mining run. Has anyone found much gold yet?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 97