Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118386 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Now establishing a civilization!
« Reply #570 on: May 23, 2014, 05:49:34 pm »

Again, how the bloody hell do I join the civ proper?
There's not really an "official" way of doing that (AFAIK). We could set up a Citadel group so we can reinforce sections of Dumathoin, and you can be an "official" member once you know the password.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 23, 2014, 06:42:32 pm »

Again, how the bloody hell do I join the civ proper?
There's not really an "official" way of doing that (AFAIK). We could set up a Citadel group so we can reinforce sections of Dumathoin, and you can be an "official" member once you know the password.
Related: we need to reinforce Dumathoin and set up jukeboxes before we announce our existence. Otherwise, we're pretty much begging to be raided.

[edit] I spawned in someone's farm at -6000x and 500z. I took a stack of iron, five(?) stacks of charcoal, and like a million stacks of bread. I don't know if it's worth bringing this to our base or not. I'll probably die on the way anyway after a month of travelling.
Try to make it here if possible.  Iron is precious at the current time.
Sadly the guy who I stole from found out, and wasn't buying my excuse of "I was hungry, so I stole a double chest worth of bread". Which wouldn't have been so bad, seeing as I'm currently on an alt account, but I was then murdered and imprisoned in the End by an unrelated third party who (presumably) now has like a million stacks of bread.
FYI, you're not going to be stuck forever. You'll probably be released before long.

By the way, please inform me if your Minecraft username is not the same as your Bay12 username. I'll add it to the OP.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:51:40 pm by Elephant Parade »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 23, 2014, 10:17:15 pm »

I'm One_Eye_Jim in-game. And I have just discovered I am in the Dumathion group. Did any of y'all set it up and add me, or is it a holdover from the first expedition? If so, is there any way I can use that to unlock stuff?

Also, I'm not very familiar with the server, but I am VERY familiar with Dumathion's tunnel systems. There are still a lot I haven't got around to checking yet, and I've been pulling some nice stuff stashed away down there. Are we likely to meet up with a hostile group? Even one considerably weaker than us in materiel and numbers can cause enormous damage if they try even a little bit.

I don't think we're likely to be the victims of random griefing, as far away from where people spawn as we are, but if we ever go public, that'll be a lot of territory to keep safe from more dedicated enemies. There's no way we'd be able to really lock down anything but the major halls, and the main entrances. I'm doing my best to plug up holes when I find them, but it'll be awhile before I get them all.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 23, 2014, 10:40:48 pm »

By the way, please inform me if your Minecraft username is not the same as your Bay12 username. I'll add it to the OP.

Minecraft username doesn't have 'the great' at the end of it, but it is otherwise the same.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 23, 2014, 10:51:33 pm »

I'm One_Eye_Jim in-game. And I have just discovered I am in the Dumathion group. Did any of y'all set it up and add me, or is it a holdover from the first expedition? If so, is there any way I can use that to unlock stuff?

Also, I'm not very familiar with the server, but I am VERY familiar with Dumathion's tunnel systems. There are still a lot I haven't got around to checking yet, and I've been pulling some nice stuff stashed away down there. Are we likely to meet up with a hostile group? Even one considerably weaker than us in materiel and numbers can cause enormous damage if they try even a little bit.

I don't think we're likely to be the victims of random griefing, as far away from where people spawn as we are, but if we ever go public, that'll be a lot of territory to keep safe from more dedicated enemies. There's no way we'd be able to really lock down anything but the major halls, and the main entrances. I'm doing my best to plug up holes when I find them, but it'll be awhile before I get them all.
Added. Concerns noted. I really need to actually go to Dumathoin.

Minecraft username doesn't have 'the great' at the end of it, but it is otherwise the same.
Hmm. Pretty similar name, but it's slightly different so I'll add you.

I think I'll just add everyone. Please post your username in the thread, even if the only difference is an underscore or something. It might help with getting in contact and stuff.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 23, 2014, 11:30:24 pm »

Mine is exactly the same as my forum one.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 23, 2014, 11:43:52 pm »

Added.

Isn't the "c" lowercase?

Also, I just respawned at 1000 6000. If only those were switched.

Wait, no. Those are perfect. I had the coordinates backwards for some reason. Cool.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 24, 2014, 12:01:55 am »

Added.

Isn't the "c" lowercase?

Also, I just respawned at 1000 6000. If only those were switched.

Wait, no. Those are perfect. I had the coordinates backwards for some reason. Cool.
It's always a capital C.
Added.

I'm nearly there. Anything I should know?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 24, 2014, 12:06:06 am »

Added.

Don't mess with the military base.  It's not open for decoration, yet.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 24, 2014, 12:14:24 am »

Added.

I placed a bed because I couldn't find one.

So, how do I access the sprawling underground fortress?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 24, 2014, 12:16:42 am »

Added.

Go down the tunnel that doesn't have the doors and signs saying military fortress...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 24, 2014, 12:19:12 am »

Added.

Go down the tunnel that doesn't have the doors and signs saying military fortress...
Oh. I was in the small above-ground base, not the military fortress.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 24, 2014, 12:55:32 am »

Does anybody know what factories we currently have, if any?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 24, 2014, 12:56:52 am »

Oh. I was in the small above-ground base, not the military fortress.

You mean Dale?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 24, 2014, 01:07:26 am »

I just discovered (or finally confirmed) that minecrat isn''t using my GPU, this explains the horrible lag I get after a few minutes of playing (processor overheating).
I may not be on much till I have It sorted out.
Username is MarcAFK and I'm still in Carbon atm.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 97