Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118327 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Server has new map!
« Reply #540 on: May 21, 2014, 11:56:50 pm »

Lets hold off the full revolution until we have greater power for the uprising.

To the comment of keeping large structures inside that I cannot quote due to mobile phone capabilities:  The base is above the entrance rather than inside for two reasons: 1) Archers.  2) It is also going to be used as housing for the overseer of Dale.  There would possibly be an elected mayor in the town hall, but the overseer would be there to maintain the pass system and award permission to live in Dumathion to Dale residents based off of recommendations by the mayor of Dale, supported by the agreement of a Dumation resident.  System of promotion I have just laid out is up for debate, as well as duties of the overseer and who the overseer would be.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #541 on: May 22, 2014, 01:02:18 am »

If we need a system of government, allow me to suggest the following (open to discussion, of course). I've mostly taken what we use in DF, added a few, and removed a couple of redundant ones.

Useful Position Holders:
  • Overseer: Decides what the populace need to work on, based on the requests from the nobility and the populace themselves.
  • Bookkeeper: Keeps track of stored supplies. If we run out of bread, the bookkeeper should already know.
  • Captain of the Guard: Keeps the populace in order via his loyal Fortress Guard. These guys get the best armour and weapons, to defend the noobs others.
  • Hammerer: We don't have hammers, so this position should be filled by the Captain of the Guard or one of his subordinates.
  • Manager: Our first line of defence against job prioritization bugs. If no-one is harvesting our wheat, the manager makes sure someone is.
  • Mayor: Represents the common people in petitions to the overseer, manager, and nobility.
  • Alchemist: Brews potions and distributes them. Replaces Chief Medical Dwarf.
  • Enchanter: Enchants books so people can use them. We'll need an XP farm to make this useful.

Filthy Parasites:
  • King/Queen: The ruler of our kingdom. Everyone answers to him.
  • Count, Duke, and Baron: The muck that lurks just under the king's nose. They handle court affairs when the king is away, and manage foreign affairs like large-scale trade.
  • High Priest of Armok: You didn't think we'd join any other religion, did you?

The titles are open to change, but we should keep them constant as much as possible. Positions are open for people to take them, unless we decide to make certain ones up for election. Get in quick, King!
When I get time to play I'll take the position of Enchanter or Alchemist, preferably Enchanter.

For our faction name, my vote goes to The Twelfth Bay. Our symbol is a dwarf in purple wool on a red background.

Side note: A subreddit would be fantastic to discuss our affairs, and maybe recruit some more members. If someone could set this up, I will love you.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:06:35 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 22, 2014, 07:10:19 am »

If we need a system of government, allow me to suggest the following (open to discussion, of course). I've mostly taken what we use in DF, added a few, and removed a couple of redundant ones.

Useful Position Holders:
  • Overseer: Decides what the populace need to work on, based on the requests from the nobility and the populace themselves.
  • Bookkeeper: Keeps track of stored supplies. If we run out of bread, the bookkeeper should already know.
  • Captain of the Guard: Keeps the populace in order via his loyal Fortress Guard. These guys get the best armour and weapons, to defend the noobs others.
  • Hammerer: We don't have hammers, so this position should be filled by the Captain of the Guard or one of his subordinates.
  • Manager: Our first line of defence against job prioritization bugs. If no-one is harvesting our wheat, the manager makes sure someone is.
  • Mayor: Represents the common people in petitions to the overseer, manager, and nobility.
  • Alchemist: Brews potions and distributes them. Replaces Chief Medical Dwarf.
  • Enchanter: Enchants books so people can use them. We'll need an XP farm to make this useful.

Are we going to bifurcate these, making a Dale set and a Dumanthoin set, since they are two separate cities?  If yes, I claim Captain of the Dale Guard.  If not, then Captain of the Guard.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 22, 2014, 08:44:06 am »

I think--haven't gotten a chance to actually check out the server--unless something has changed since this post on the mods that FactoryMod might make this a more literal farm than usual. Recipe here. To be sure the mod drops make the usual kind of farm valuable, but not in quite the same way.

I've never set up a mob farm, but common drops happen regardless of how the mob dies, right? So a passive farm is actually an option for generating XP (indirectly). Add hoppers and automagic storage and voila. Some kind of a dwarven death maze might be more interesting, though. Maybe set up a toggle (Inside the maze, obviously. Got to keep it secure.) to swap between modes?

EDIT: Only the top level enchanting recipes use mob drops. Only one recipe below that uses any kind of drop, and that's pork.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:47:55 am by Oneir »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 22, 2014, 02:07:21 pm »

Just made it. I left some sugar cane in Zansetuken's chest, and I am entering Dumathioin as of... Exactly now.

Coming online, then.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 22, 2014, 02:50:42 pm »

Filthy Parasites:
  • King/Queen: The ruler of our kingdom. Everyone answers to him.
  • Count, Duke, and Baron: The muck that lurks just under the king's nose. They handle court affairs when the king is away, and manage foreign affairs like large-scale trade.
  • High Priest of Armok: You didn't think we'd join any other religion, did you?

I'll take the High Priest of Armok position once I get there, since it's the only one that won't require me to do anything :P. I would be Captain of the Guard, but that would require dedication, something I don't have.

EDIT: Do I get to perform human sacrifices? Obviously we would sacrifice the weak humans, not dwarves.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 02:54:14 pm by Scotsmen »
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #546 on: May 22, 2014, 04:09:36 pm »

EDIT: Do I get to perform human sacrifices? Obviously we would sacrifice the weak humans, not dwarves.
As High Priest, it's entirely down to your decision. Naturally, we'll need a temple to perform the sacrifices in, and so on...

With regard to the FactoryMod nonsense... crap. That's a whole new system to learn. I guess some reading is in order. [edit] The diamond cauldron produces XP bottles from plants. I hope we have farms. On the other hand, we now have a thing to classify as "workshops".
Quote from: FactoryMod Recipes
8 Saddles for 64 White Wool, 64 Leather, 16 Diamonds using 10 Charcoal
And saddles are expensive.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:16:37 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #547 on: May 22, 2014, 04:39:32 pm »

I think we need a king first. Who will be our king? Shall I be the king? I'm not really going to be able to play for a few weeks, so I don't think it's a good idea.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 22, 2014, 05:28:52 pm »

Hey, why can't I trade with villagers?  Cmega found a village nearby, but neither of us can trade with them.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #549 on: May 22, 2014, 05:43:51 pm »

I can't find anything concerning the topic. My guess is that the admins disabled it for some reason. Lag, maybe?

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 22, 2014, 06:21:31 pm »

Some old posts from the subreddit a year ago suggest it's been disabled for economic reasons. Not going to poke around for more details, but it looks like Iron Golem's aren't disabled, though. So the three uses of villagers are ambiance, mob bait, and robots.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/1bsg49/villager_trading_is_disabled_why_not_iron/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/135j8t/how_do_villagers_work_on_this_server/

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 22, 2014, 06:31:19 pm »

Great, now I'm officially High Priest. Now, just to get to my priestdom...

Seriously, the amount of times I've died, whether from one wrong step next to a cliff, to falling into a mob farm, to just getting mauled by other players, I'm starting to wonder if the server specifically hates me.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 22, 2014, 08:01:37 pm »

On my way there, I'm about two klicks out.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #553 on: May 22, 2014, 08:17:13 pm »

I ran around a bit, stole someone's carrots, and fell off a cliff and lost the carrots. Now I'm repeatedly killing myself in hope I'll spawn close to Dale.
[edit] I spawned in someone's farm at -6000x and 500z. I took a stack of iron, five(?) stacks of charcoal, and like a million stacks of bread. I don't know if it's worth bringing this to our base or not. I'll probably die on the way anyway after a month of travelling.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:40:30 pm by InsanityIncarnate »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 22, 2014, 08:37:09 pm »

I have arrived. I hereby appoint myself Captain of the Fortress Guard, unless there are any objections.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 97