Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118303 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Server has new map!
« Reply #525 on: May 20, 2014, 02:32:35 pm »

is anybody on tonight?
I would love to make the long trek there, but it would be so bummer if nobody was there :(

I don't have anything much to do, so I can jump on.  You should see me around the Dale entrance making it look better.

Edit: I found Nether Quartz when I was digging out the perforations.  I know they removed the nether, but why is that here, they made a 'nether' biome.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:05:30 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 20, 2014, 03:56:46 pm »

well, don't wait for me, I can see i won't be making it there tonight

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 20, 2014, 08:05:42 pm »

Damn, this server is frustrating as hell. I traveled for 2 hours straight, just to end up falling off a cliff and respawning on the other side of the world... Couldn't the builders of Dumathoin have built it at least somewhere close to a railroad?
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #528 on: May 20, 2014, 10:59:08 pm »

Damn, this server is frustrating as hell. I traveled for 2 hours straight, just to end up falling off a cliff and respawning on the other side of the world... Couldn't the builders of Dumathoin have built it at least somewhere close to a railroad?
Perhaps some communal bedrooms are in order.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

murphyslaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 20, 2014, 11:35:31 pm »

Couldn't the builders of Dumathoin have built it at least somewhere close to a railroad?
There WAS a hidden rail to the farmlands that had a 10-15 minute ride on powered rails, and it was well within reach of spawn before starvation. It served three purposes: Being the entrance for new players, being a fake front in the event of a raid, and keeping the only necessary surface structure as far away from the city as possible.

So yes, back in the day, you'd find the fake surface city, have a citizen guide you to the hidden railstation, and ride into Dumathoin.

But all the railways have been ripped up for the powered rail segments.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 21, 2014, 12:31:07 am »

Use the ocean, take a look at the map http://civcraft.slimecraft.eu/map.php?z=4&y=10150&x=1000, There's water everywhere!
Use a boat to get to the nearest city that has rails and then use more boats.
Active cities are mostly near the center, but theres some outliers, or sicne respawn is random kill yourself a few times till you end up nearish.
So we need some major construction? I'll be there, in around 8 hours. Hope someone's there to meet up and tell me what's needed.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 21, 2014, 01:53:31 am »

The OP has been updated with relevant information. Hopping on now.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 21, 2014, 10:51:00 am »

Got on quickly to build a communal dormitory, partly with beds scavenged from Old Dumathion, and partly of new manufacture. It's in the big empty hallway next to the room with the locked chests, around the central chamber.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 21, 2014, 06:32:14 pm »

Howdy! I'd like to join y'all. My IGN is benr239 (looking forward to being able to change my name :P). I'm on my way to the posted coordinates. This world is HUGE.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #534 on: May 21, 2014, 07:41:03 pm »

Guys, according to this thread our glorious parent civilisation FAGT has been destroyed. Two months ago. Scanning the subreddit, I can't see any mention of them having recovered. This at least explains the wiki's red links to them.

We joined a dead faction?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:45:03 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 21, 2014, 08:36:25 pm »

I guess we won't get many migrants  :P
we'll have to up our maximum number of children, and start sticking them into dog pits.
maybe convert some caravans
I guess there are indeed pack animals....

Edit: How do I join the faction? and does it have a group chat?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 21, 2014, 09:56:51 pm »

Summation of Deeds:
Harvested all the Dale Farms.  Products in the chest outside the last building before the checkpoint.
Dug out a canal between the two rivers.
Built the beginnings of a military base above the Dale Entrance. (Prefer to work on that myself until the entrance from the fortress to the base is built.

Requests:
A bucket to fill in the canal properly.

Questions:
Opinions on turning the waterfall farm in Dale into a town hall?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 21, 2014, 10:27:21 pm »

Theres a bucket inmy house you can use, and iron you can use to make one if I misremember and theere is no bucket. And I suppose Dale needs a town hall at least, but I think we should put any large constructions inside Dumathion. There's still lots of dead ends and free space, even an empty room or two IIRC.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 21, 2014, 10:54:15 pm »

I've been screwing around in Carbon, But I'm ready to come once I've reinforced my floor.
As far as I know, FAGT was destroyed, but they made a new one which I think is UIA.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 21, 2014, 11:02:54 pm »

We aree beholden to no outside power! Viva la Dwarvolution!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 97