Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118314 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Server has new map!
« Reply #495 on: May 17, 2014, 11:35:29 pm »

There it goes. And I did spawn in Dumathion, though there was nobody nearby. There are a few doors, but all but one's been filled in with dirt and rubble. It's at:

X: 890 Z: 12667.

Waypoint set.  Heading out.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 18, 2014, 12:40:20 am »

Has anyone got an IP? I see there's more than one listed on their website.

Edit: It seems that rather than being restricted to plains, they're restricted to special "garden" and "farm" zones that you have to build and research. It all seems rather involved, if I'm looking in the right place.

Thats the other civcraft, the shotbow one.
That cuvcraft is actually a MOD package, there is a few servers running it atm, so expect some confusion.
Whereas civcraft.vg, civcraft.org and /civcraft on reddit are the civcraft we are all talking about.

EDIT, I have a few stacks or rails I can donate for repairs.
We need to get into contact with FAGT / UIA /RydenLolDicktater To see if they'll let us settle there, after all an empty city is no use for anyone and we have some claim on it.

BTW:  X: 890 Z: 12667. is nowhere, have you got X and Z right, is it near breslau or is it south of Atlas?

EDIT: I'm currently in carbon, which has just joined UIA as well. There's alot of water between Carbon and where I think Dumathion is, so. I'm going to cut small canals through the parts that are in the way. Is there currently a port or was one planned in any specific area?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:51:34 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 18, 2014, 10:39:08 am »

I'm quite sure of the coordinates, I'm recording them from where I'm standing. The place doesn't seem to be on any of the maps.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 18, 2014, 02:03:13 pm »

Coordinates: 1350, 9610

I have found a gateway into a mountainside.  Across a river is a giant hand, palm facing outwards.  This an entrance to a passageway to Dumathion?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 18, 2014, 02:06:36 pm »

Possibly, I'm on now, I'll see if I can find you. I'm One_Eye_Jim in minecraft.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 18, 2014, 02:17:40 pm »

Possibly, I'm on now, I'll see if I can find you. I'm One_Eye_Jim in minecraft.

I'll be looking for you.  I should note that, if this is not a path to Dumathion, then it is still a large fortress.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 18, 2014, 04:11:00 pm »

Made it to the end of the road. There's a big tree farm, some large scale terraforming, and not much else. Nobody was home.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 18, 2014, 04:18:53 pm »

Made it to the end of the road. There's a big tree farm, some large scale terraforming, and not much else. Nobody was home.

I'm still going down the other.  Was knocked out at one point, so it had to be repaired somewhat, and there's another intersection.  I went straight along it.  Someone needs to check the other route.

Edit: Splits again out over the ocean.  Nevermind checking the ends of it, let's just try and get a moderator to unlock all those chests.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:21:07 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 18, 2014, 05:29:43 pm »

Wish I could be on with you. At least I can explore vicariously through your reports.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 18, 2014, 05:51:35 pm »

Gettin' off for the day. I finished some more of the earthworks around Dale, and finished some more corridors with cobble and stone. Unfortunately, I probably won't be on much, if at all, on weekdays because of work. I also found (almost) all of the empty houses, and put signs that say EMPTY LOT on them. People are free to move into them. I guess we'll also need someone to take care of Dale, but that's a bridge we'll cross when we get there.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:53:12 pm by Baffler »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 18, 2014, 05:55:15 pm »

Gettin' off for the day. I finished some more of the earthworks around Dale, and finished some more corridors with cobble and stone. Unfortunately, I probably won't be on much, if at all, on weekdays because of work. I also found (almost) all of the empty houses, and put signs that say EMPTY LOT on them. People are free to move into them. I guess we'll also need someone to take care of Dale, but that's a bridge we'll cross when we get there.

For those who weren't on, Dale is a town that was near the fort, abandoned.  As it is so close to the fortress, and we don't know the old name, we christened it 'Dale' (For the record, I nicknamed it that once I came across it, and once we got it, Dale became the official name).

Me and Baffler came to the idea that newer members would be housed in the town and its surrounding area until they are proven trustworthy, which is when they will move into the fort proper.  Long time Bay 12 members would automatically be classified as trustworthy.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 06:25:57 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 18, 2014, 06:59:32 pm »

For those who weren't on, Dale is a town that was near the fort, abandoned.  As it is so close to the fortress, and we don't know the old name, we christened it 'Dale' (For the record, I nicknamed it that once I came across it, and once we got it, Dale became the official name).

Me and Baffler came to the idea that newer members would be housed in the town and its surrounding area until they are proven trustworthy, which is when they will move into the fort proper.  Long time Bay 12 members would automatically be classified as trustworthy.
That seems like a good idea.

Does anybody have things they want added to the OP? I think it's time to update it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 18, 2014, 07:57:16 pm »

Does anybody have things they want added to the OP? I think it's time to update it.

Strikethrough of the old, for legacy purposes, Dale's entrance's coordinates (X 1002, Z 12614, Y 72), a rule that builds within the fortress should try to hold the same appearance as others within for consistency.

Got a few more ideas, but server has a kick time for inactivity.

murphyslaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 18, 2014, 11:21:12 pm »

I was in Dumathoin back when it was still alive, under the original founder. Dumathoin is confusing as hell, has a long history, is simply just too large, and has many abandoned segments. I've got some general information anyone joining might find handy. I've also gone through and dropped a few signs (IE "Dead End").

This description will be New Dumathoin centric as you will be entering it through Dale, into New Dumathoin. The main cavern the new entrance from Dale tunnels into is from the latter days of Dumathoin. I'm going to arbitrarily label this segment "New" Dumathoin, as that's what it was. New Dumathoin consists of everything immediate to the main city cavern, and the small segment of tunnels off the Dale entrance. The older half of Dumathoin, I'm just going to label "Old" Dumathoin. Old Dumathoin you will find past the tunnel pictured further down, it's off the upper layer of the main city cavern.

New Dumathoin, main City Cavern. Second pic is of decor above waterfall mouth, the beard of which is barely visible in the far left of the first pic. Far right of the first pic you'll notice the main stairwell too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Entrance to/from Dale from the main cavern. If you go down it, then left at the junction instead of straight to Dale, you'll end up at the second pictured room instead with the water. It goes off to the second main entrance (through a large hall to the right in the pic) that was built which is the third pic. Lots of dead ends in these hallways.

The City Cavern in "New" Dumathoin is easy to navigate as you can actually see where everything is. At the bottom floor with the river chasm was the marketplace and across was the newest and biggest railstation. Down there was the newest forge as well. There's lots of houses along each level, stores, workshops, etc. with scattered storerooms. There should be stairwells recessed in a tunnels up/down the upper two layers of the city.

Tunnel to Old Dumathoin. See the statue thing on the far right? That's up top in the main cavern. Go left here for Old Dumathoin.

Old Dumathoin has many things of interest, and is easy to get lost in. Mithril Forge, Portal Farm, Mushroom Farm, Old Forge, Boat Launch, Old Cavern, and other misc things like the mead hall and original (as in the very first) entrance to Dumathoin. I'll try to post these in the order you'll encounter going out from the city cavern.
That's all the major stuff. There's lots of minor things like abandoned houses, old mining tunnels, exploratory tunnels, and minor structures to find too.

That's all for now.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 18, 2014, 11:43:10 pm »

I have set up a chest at the transition point between Dale and Dumathion, I request that people who make the journey grab feathers and ink sacs.  Sugar cane is a lesser priority, but grab some if you can (don't grab some from farms, though.)  I've got a project I'm wanting to work on, though I think you can infer what it is based on the signs already put up.

Edit: Add in some leather to that request as well.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:46:04 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 97