Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118300 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Server has new map!
« Reply #480 on: May 17, 2014, 11:18:39 am »

We have a unique opportunity to reclaim a fort here, though, and a pretty darn awesome one at that. I'd spawn inside the place, if I remember right. But I do like the idea of being nearer to other players. I'd be up for it too, but I'd only be able to make weekends.

We could send out an embark to build a forward operating base.  Here's another nether biome (-2500,-1400), one with plains nearby, which is required by a server side mod that limits crop growth to the plains biome (according to the OP of that server's old thread here).
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 17, 2014, 12:55:45 pm »

Has anyone got an IP? I see there's more than one listed on their website.

Edit: It seems that rather than being restricted to plains, they're restricted to special "garden" and "farm" zones that you have to build and research. It all seems rather involved, if I'm looking in the right place.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 01:20:37 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

murphyslaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 17, 2014, 02:44:19 pm »

We have a unique opportunity to reclaim a fort here

DUMATHOIN!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These are old pictures when the main cavern was still incomplete! The last pic below had a marketplace, river, and patterned floors last I saw it. The cavern walls are stepped upward like a giant Colosseum, lined with homes and shops. The additional tunnels, caverns, and underground structures combined are considerably more massive even yet. The railways were a wondrous accomplishment, even in their incomplete state.

The main Cavern is so big I can't render it fully from the edges.

Does anyone have more recent screenshots? It was constructed over many months by some guy from Canada(?), Goldminer, and his core of friends before allowing newcomers IIRC. He apparently quit not long after Bay12 abandoned it the first time. It's been annexed as another settlement's extended property IIRC since then.

Hands down it was one of the most impressive Dwarven settlements I've ever seen in the game.

Has anyone got an IP? I see there's more than one listed on their website.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Civcraft
Sidebar:
Main server address: mc.civcraft.vg
Mumble server address: mc.civcraft.vg
CivTest server address: mc.civcraft.vg:25566
civcraft.org is our wiki

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 17, 2014, 06:10:27 pm »

It's been annexed as another settlement's extended property IIRC since then.

I'm heading here then.  There are enough dead towns there to set something up out of the remains.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

murphyslaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 17, 2014, 06:38:24 pm »

So... That still exists?
Which settlement annexed it?
Announcement as of 3 months ago.
RydenLolDicktater of UIA:
I am pleased to officially announce we have taken in the nation of Brittania through peaceful means and mutual desire. We have also acquired Dumathoin, the great underground Dwarven nation. Although there are no citizens that we will be taking in, yyjjgg gave us the permission and his blessing to keep Dumathoin, flying under our flag and protection in hopes we will repopulate it and restore it's beauty from the miscellaneous damage caused by petty griefers.

Be aware, Dumathoin is active.

I remember yyjjgg too.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 17, 2014, 06:41:06 pm »

So we'd be allowed back? Reclamation shouldn't be too hard.

And then you know down the line we'd declare independence because what else do vassals do?

EDIT: Oh wow the civ that owns it is called FAGT. Never mind we should stick with them.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 06:42:47 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 17, 2014, 06:47:04 pm »

So we'd be allowed back? Reclamation shouldn't be too hard.

And then you know down the line we'd declare independence because what else do vassals do?

EDIT: Oh wow the civ that owns it is called FAGT. Never mind we should stick with them.

I'll head over to it if someone actually tells me the coordinates I need to go to.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 17, 2014, 06:48:52 pm »

Hopefully it hasn't been picked over by scavengers.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 17, 2014, 06:59:54 pm »

Hopefully it hasn't been picked over by scavengers.
Most of the value was in the architecture rather than the contents. So unless someone's gone down and disassembled sections I think we'll be fine.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 17, 2014, 07:29:01 pm »

I'm gonna get on and take a look around. I was inside when I last logged in. I'll let people know coordinates if I can.

Edit: I can't log in. It says it's running version {0} on inspection. Do I need mods or something?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:31:33 pm by Baffler »
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 17, 2014, 07:43:48 pm »

I can only get on on the weekend, really, though I can do it at just about any time on saturday or sunday. And I've found you have to revert to 1.3(!) to get onto the server, so there's that if anyone else has trouble.

Edit: Aand I'm having end of stream errors. I remember these... this should be fun.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:51:32 pm by Baffler »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 17, 2014, 07:53:44 pm »

1.3? Why the hell is anyone still on this server?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 17, 2014, 07:57:49 pm »

Something weird is going on... Maybe it's making trouble because I'm using the new launcher. Or maybe something else is up. I'll keep trying to connect, but it's seeming less and less likely that this is going to work.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 17, 2014, 08:07:02 pm »

And I've found you have to revert to 1.3(!) to get onto the server, so there's that if anyone else has trouble.

What?  Are you sure you're going to the right one?  I'm entering just fine on 1.7.4.

Edit: Setting up a new embark at 4630, -4430.  Interesting terrain there.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:37:39 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 17, 2014, 10:35:58 pm »

There it goes. And I did spawn in Dumathion, though there was nobody nearby. There are a few doors, but all but one's been filled in with dirt and rubble. It's at:

X: 890 Z: 12667.

The whole place is almost entirely untouched, though a lot of the rails have long since been torn up. Only the line to and from stoneark seems to be completely unbroken. I've got no coordinates for that though, it's a long ride, and some of the powered rails are missing.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:01:13 pm by Baffler »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 97