Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118409 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Server has new map!
« Reply #420 on: April 05, 2014, 11:47:42 am »

Anyone have a lot of cobblestone?  I'm working on the ramparts, and I ran out when I was building the transition tower.

Edit: The transition tower only needs flooring at the top.  Next stage requires a shitton of cobblestone.  For reference, the dirt outlines the boundaries I want the next stage to have.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:13:50 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 05, 2014, 01:14:52 pm »

Just went on again and for this double post, but I have to say I am very sorry about the mess.  It was an accident from when I rigged the door so that, if destroyed, lava rains down on the destroyer.  I got it fixed, but a portion of the combination lock assembly was accidentally wrecked causing it not to work...I tried to fix it, and now the area below the door is gravel.  I don't know how I fucked it up, I just now I did fuck it up.

The rigging should work now, and because of the pressure plate and fence piece,(can't walk through with the fence piece there, so it was removed.  Should be replaced with a gate). lava should only go outwards.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:29:34 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 05, 2014, 01:45:11 pm »

Just went on again and for this double post, but I have to say I am very sorry about the mess.  It was an accident from when I rigged the door so that, if destroyed, lava rains down on the destroyer.  I got it fixed, but a portion of the combination lock assembly was accidentally wrecked causing it not to work...I tried to fix it, and now the area below the door is gravel.  I don't know how I fucked it up, I just now I did fuck it up.

The rigging should work now, and because of the pressure plate and fence piece,(can't walk through with the fence piece there, so it was removed.  Should be replaced with a gate). lava should only go outwards.
So sigged.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 05, 2014, 01:50:40 pm »

Anyone have a lot of cobblestone?  I'm working on the ramparts, and I ran out when I was building the transition tower.

Edit: The transition tower only needs flooring at the top.  Next stage requires a shitton of cobblestone.  For reference, the dirt outlines the boundaries I want the next stage to have.
Uh, again, we shouldn't build any further along the road than we already have. I contacted the person who owns the next piece of land to see if they're okay with the tower, but please build inside the walls from now on.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 05, 2014, 03:29:05 pm »

"And so, the representatives of Bay12 started performing Stupid Dwarf Tricks in Minecraft..."
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 05, 2014, 04:00:43 pm »

I'm gonna hop on and try this since I'm bored. Let's see what happens.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 05, 2014, 06:35:41 pm »

Uh, again, we shouldn't build any further along the road than we already have. I contacted the person who owns the next piece of land to see if they're okay with the tower, but please build inside the walls from now on.

It's on our land.  I'm not talking about the one I built up around the (formerly) exposed staircase, I'm talking about a new one I made that I built up along one border to transition the ramparts to top of the mountain, while still leaving it flat.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 05, 2014, 06:48:17 pm »

It's on our land.  I'm not talking about the one I built up around the (formerly) exposed staircase, I'm talking about a new one I made that I built up along one border to transition the ramparts to top of the mountain, while still leaving it flat.
Oh, okay. Just remember not to build outside our land, except possibly away from the road, since I'm pretty sure nobody's claimed there yet. If we want to expand, we'll need to do it in that direction.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 05, 2014, 06:56:16 pm »

The Exp grinder has finally been wired up. Now we just need to make the water ladder, get the blocks of flowing water, and put in the lamps. Can anyone get me five glowstone blocks, by the way? I've been searching in the Nether, but I haven't had any luck.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 05, 2014, 08:26:52 pm »

Can anyone drop off a few stacks of cobblestone at the general storage right now?  I want to finish a wall segment.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 06, 2014, 09:22:02 am »

Fixed the combo lock.  Now if they try to break open the door or through the wall, they get lava'd!  That is, as soon as a mod re-flows the lava.

Also:  Adava killed me again.  We need to break into our own base.  Anytime an easy way in is found, shore it up.  Eventually we wont have guys waltzing in and killing us.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 06, 2014, 10:56:09 am »

You can get in fairly easily, just by going up to the hall of bay12 and walking down the path.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 06, 2014, 11:12:45 am »

Perhaps another combo lock in the hall?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 06, 2014, 01:33:25 pm »

I spent three hours terracing half the mountain.  That, plus shoring up some defenses means nobody can get into the complex except through the main entrance.  Note:  We need to make a path from the main road to the entrance, because it's kind of annoying to get to.

If anybody wants to finish terracing the mountain (Just for looks + crop space) feel free.

I also moved all of our general storage into the storage room.  PLEASE whoever owns those chests, move them into storage.  We are wayyy to cluttered.

One more thing:  The mines may be another route in.  We should move the entrance outside the complex.  Maybe from the archer bunkers?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 06, 2014, 01:44:18 pm »

I spent three hours terracing half the mountain.  That, plus shoring up some defenses means nobody can get into the complex except through the main entrance.  Note:  We need to make a path from the main road to the entrance, because it's kind of annoying to get to.

If anybody wants to finish terracing the mountain (Just for looks + crop space) feel free.

Uh, Puzzle, we don't own most of that area.  The only area that was cut out beforehand was from me being unaware of where the border was, and Elephant made that stone wall at the top of the mountain that represented where our claim ended.  Much of what was dug out is outside our claim.  That's the whole reason I was building that huge rampart.

One more thing:  The mines may be another route in.  We should move the entrance outside the complex.  Maybe from the archer bunkers?

There's one way in through the mine, but that goes around to our neighbors area, and requires a fair deal of searching through a cave to get through, and since he ran redstone through that area, I wouldn't be too concerned about that person going through it.

Edit: The upper areas were for the stockpiles.  The lower is designated for the rooms.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 01:48:43 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 97