Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118460 times)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - We may get invaded! Help us defend!
« Reply #945 on: June 18, 2014, 08:31:09 am »

Alternatively, if there was a way we could somehow lead the Spanish raiders/HCF into Soapbucket's territories...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:34:28 am by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 18, 2014, 08:32:28 am »

Hey, might join back into this when my internet better later this month and help you guys out.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 18, 2014, 09:27:07 am »

As I said about powerful enemies, 400D has been donated for bounties, and use of Carson's vault has been offered for their pearls.
Goh tells me he knew Goldminer back in the day, he already knows about the long entrance to us in [redacted] but as many others didn't realize the city was being brought back..
There are a few posts in reddit mentioning us too, one by ryden actually. The location is still secret.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 18, 2014, 04:07:41 pm »

Anyhoo...

I can, as I said, get us D armor at cost (8 D a set). If we want all of us suited up before going in, I can loan the military enough D to buy a few.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 18, 2014, 06:38:44 pm »

Coordinates have been removed from the OP. PM me to get them. I have semi-regular internet now; I can pretty much promise that it won't take more than a day.

You could also PM any other member of Dumathion, of course.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 18, 2014, 07:04:42 pm »

I've noticed a problem at the back of the canal, past where the waterfall comes from. When did this happen?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 18, 2014, 07:55:49 pm »

If you're talking about the hole to the outside back there, I think it's always been there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 18, 2014, 08:10:28 pm »

May want to fix that, though. And haven't noticed it before.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 19, 2014, 12:19:41 am »

I've added some powered rail to the line leading to our neighbor, also buried the entrance somewhat. The entrance near the neighbor is now invisible from minimap and virtually invisible from the surface.
The transfer rail that actually leads to us is now hidden behind a blob of dirt at the [redacted] dropoff, behind a fake mineshaft and a locked door.
I've made a group called Dumagate which I shall start locking doors to. Like the vault I'll give moderator access to all of us, and normal access to anyone we trust to enter the fort, including dale residents if we all agree.

Edit: Whilst exploring and marking out the locations of all our rails and major tunnels I got somewhat lost to the southeast.
Distractedly removing mossy cobble from a torched cave spider spawner I didn't notice the spiders creeping up on me. needless to say i was done for.
Hastily sprinting down the now easily navigable passageways I covered the 800 meters to my death point just in time. As I collected the 2 stacks of power rails I had foolishly kept with me during the exploration, as well as a single diamond and 2 mine carts found within the mines themself more spiders noisily announced their presence.
My hands flew into action and like lightning there was a 3 block thick wall of cobble between myself and the monsters, but now, trapped in a 3x3x3 cell, with nothing to light it but a single redstone torch, I wait for the foul creatures to find a weak point, incessently shrieking throughout the night.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:27:03 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #954 on: June 19, 2014, 07:28:41 am »

That sounds par for the course in Minecraft, really.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 19, 2014, 08:13:28 am »

I freaking hate cave spiders.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 19, 2014, 08:55:19 am »

I freaking hate cave spiders.
They obviously don't like you either.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 19, 2014, 04:17:15 pm »

Wait. This is a time for careful thought and decision. How can we weaponize the spiders?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 19, 2014, 04:22:47 pm »

Wait. This is a time for careful thought and decision. How can we weaponize the spiders?

Like a trolling I read on here.  We move the spawner using a silk touch, if possible, then plant it in a room near a frequently used hall, causing a fair deal to spawn.  Then during an attack, we have a pressure plate below the snowman that, when the snowman is killed, opens up the room via redstone and pistons and causes the spiders to flood out.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 19, 2014, 04:41:10 pm »

Ninja'd:We'd need to move their spawner closer to the surface, since it's unlikely the invaders would be down there. Of course, IIRC, moving spawners turns them into pig spawners
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 97