Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118556 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Now establishing a civilization!
« Reply #720 on: May 28, 2014, 06:10:04 pm »

I'm mayor.

In other news, I have found 38 diamonds, 8 of which went to Zan. I'm also about to break into a chest containing 24 diamond picks and maybe some diamonds.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 28, 2014, 06:23:18 pm »

Before we assign noble statuses, we should decide on what the nobles will be.

On the topic of bookkeeping: how is that going to work? Personally, I recommend a public Google Doc. Allow people to record what they've taken from storage/deposited into storage, and then apply those changes to a public-but-not-editable Google Doc. Put a sign with the link to the doc in storage. I can make one right now, if you'd like.

I'm mayor.

In other news, I have found 38 diamonds, 8 of which went to Zan. I'm also about to break into a chest containing 24 diamond picks and maybe some diamonds.
What do you want to do as a mayor?

Edit: Actually, a Google Form might be better than a spreadsheet. That way, nobody would be able to mess with the responses of others. It might cause some issues, though.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 06:31:36 pm by Elephant Parade »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 28, 2014, 06:33:58 pm »

I would like to announce that we have gained our first Dale resident, Gamtoe.  He apparently has connections that can allow us to get full diamond armor for a cost of 9 diamonds, rather than 26.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 28, 2014, 07:59:19 pm »

I'm mayor.

Dumathoin or Dale?  They're two separate cities, and each city has a mayor.  Really, shouldn't we have an election for mayor?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 28, 2014, 08:11:50 pm »

I'm mayor.

Dumathoin or Dale?  They're two separate cities, and each city has a mayor.  Really, shouldn't we have an election for mayor?
...Why do we need two mayors? What would a mayor even do?

Also, we're probably the two people doing mayor-y activities at the moment; you're doing in-game stuff and I'm trying to organize the OP.

I'll reset the poll, since people might have changed their minds by now.

Edit: Also, 20 people voted? I didn't know that we had that many players. I hope that random people aren't just voting for no reason.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 28, 2014, 08:14:02 pm »

I'm mayor.

Really, shouldn't we have an election for mayor?
Possibly. Shouldn't the CoTG be appointed by the mayor?

Anyways, I'm going to put a room next to the hall into New Dumathoin for people to put signs in, kind of as a bulletin board. If you have any requests of the mayor, put them there, not in front of the military wing.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 28, 2014, 08:41:35 pm »

I'm mayor.

Anyways, I'm going to put a room next to the hall into New Dumathoin for people to put signs in, kind of as a bulletin board. If you have any requests of the mayor, put them there, not in front of the military wing.
Probably a good idea to set something like that up, though I'd like to say that all requests should be put in the thread (if possible).

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 28, 2014, 08:57:14 pm »

Probably a good idea to set something like that up, though I'd like to say that all requests should be put in the thread (if possible).

It's for non-forum member requests.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 28, 2014, 09:05:01 pm »

It's for non-forum member requests.
That's why I said it was a good idea, and included "if possible". I agree that we need it for non-forum member requests; I'd just prefer that all requests from forum members were placed in the thread.

Here's the spreadsheet. It might be a better idea to have free commenting instead of free editing, with logged-in users being able to move the commented stuff into the actual spreadsheet.

Yeah, this is still ridiculously easy to defeat by spamming it with fake deposits/withdrawals. I'm thinking that Google Forms is better, especially since you can export to a spreadsheet. I'm going to test something.

Google Form is up. Feel free to test it out.

Edit: Okay, it looks like this should work pretty well. It's a bit slow, and it can't handle multi-item requests. I'll make a new version of the form.

Also, I will probably not have access to high-speed internet for a month, starting a few days from now. Don't expect to see me on the server much, if at all.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:17:16 pm by Elephant Parade »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 28, 2014, 09:55:46 pm »

Constructed a small theater in Dale.  Could set up plays in it, using wooden tools and swords as props.  Maybe charge an iron or two for people to watch a performance for more organized plays.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 28, 2014, 10:16:04 pm »

I'll claim the title of Alchemist Boozemaster General, and build and run the dining hall. I can keep my own records for that, and give a count of food stocks every morning by type (Eastern Standard Time) for the forms. Should I run something in Dale, too? Or does it not really need it?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 28, 2014, 10:30:25 pm »

According to our newest resident in Dale, Gantoe, we should avoid the following notable griefers:

JarlHeinsburg
Imports: Pearling, Theft
Notable data: Has a bounty of 200 diamonds. Unlikely to have a crew, but consider the possibility

Dill_Weasal (Dill_Weasel?)
Imports: Pearling, Theft
Notable data: Less active than JarlHeinsburg

Supposed
Imports: Petty Crime
Notable data: Actions are motivated by personal vendetta.

Here's a bounty page.
www.civbounty.com/main/index?/page=3

E: Fixed the name.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:35:43 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 28, 2014, 11:02:55 pm »

Wow. That's awesome, Elephant.
OK, here's the plan.
1)We bring all of the stuff over to Cobble first.
2)Then, we start using the spreadsheet/form. Then, we keep stocks in a separate spreadsheet.
3)Actually, that was pretty straightforward. I expected there would be more steps, but it seems that's it.
Okay. I'll set up a second spreadsheet.

Edit: What item order do you want? Alphabetical, ID (probably a bad idea, since IDs are being removed), or what? I'll go with alphabetical for now.

Spreadsheet.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:06:51 pm by Elephant Parade »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 29, 2014, 12:01:18 am »

I'm mayor.

Heh, sorry I thought Zan was the Mayor for some reason, so I put a sign in front of his office :P

I don't want to apply for a noble position, but I would like somewhere to live, actually I have some ideas about how to set up the Dormitory, I'm thinking of digging out a hallway west (I think) which matches the layout of rest of the fort,  Each Room could be the size of 2 or 4 of the hall arches, with an additional level down, I would like permission to dig out one room as a test just to see if the size and layout is acceptable, Also I expect we might want to expand the Dorm Either upwards or downwards into a second level to reduce travel time to a more acceptable level. I'll of course have to roughly map out the current Fort in3D just to make sure the plan doesn't impinge on any existing areas.
This will have to wait a while of course since I'm not anywhere near Dumathoin ATM.
Also I would like to ask that we start hoarding logs and do more stripmining of the diamond bearing levels, or any levels really, we need a crapton of smooth stone to reinforce everything, and if I can organise this I would like the Title of Chief Engraver or something :P

Edit:

I would like to announce that we have gained our first Dale resident, Gamtoe.  He apparently has connections that can allow us to get full diamond armor for a cost of 9 diamonds, rather than 26.

That's a bargain, Fulls sets are selling for 14 diamond back in carbon (limited stocks)
I would check with rydenstrife though, Titan has some factories and may be able to set us up with diamond gear at cost price
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:32:10 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 29, 2014, 05:17:39 am »

A few things I want to say:
1. If we are going public soon, we might want to have some sort of economic focus.

Also I would like to ask that we start hoarding logs and do more stripmining of the diamond bearing levels, or any levels really, we need a crapton of smooth stone to reinforce everything
This is a good idea.

3. Once we have a decent economy and reinforcements, we should try to attract residents to Dale and eventually Dumathoin.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 97