Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118312 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Server has new map!
« Reply #555 on: May 22, 2014, 09:39:26 pm »

I have arrived. I hereby appoint myself Captain of the Fortress Guard, unless there are any objections.

Already claimed by me.

[edit] I spawned in someone's farm at -6000x and 500z. I took a stack of iron, five(?) stacks of charcoal, and like a million stacks of bread. I don't know if it's worth bringing this to our base or not. I'll probably die on the way anyway after a month of travelling.

Try to make it here if possible.  Iron is precious at the current time.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 22, 2014, 09:46:49 pm »

I have arrived. I hereby appoint myself Captain of the Fortress Guard, unless there are any objections.

Already claimed by me.
Well, mayor then. I mandate slade bedrock mugs!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #557 on: May 22, 2014, 10:08:35 pm »

[edit] I spawned in someone's farm at -6000x and 500z. I took a stack of iron, five(?) stacks of charcoal, and like a million stacks of bread. I don't know if it's worth bringing this to our base or not. I'll probably die on the way anyway after a month of travelling.
Try to make it here if possible.  Iron is precious at the current time.
Sadly the guy who I stole from found out, and wasn't buying my excuse of "I was hungry, so I stole a double chest worth of bread". Which wouldn't have been so bad, seeing as I'm currently on an alt account, but I was then murdered and imprisoned in the End by an unrelated third party who (presumably) now has like a million stacks of bread.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 22, 2014, 10:10:28 pm »

Anyway, is there a group I should join on the server? Right now, there seems to be a goodly number of blocks I can't break. Is this because of protection?
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 22, 2014, 10:20:49 pm »

Dodge that place at all costs and don't steal as much bread next time.  We'll try and buy the pearl...eventually...
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 22, 2014, 10:31:42 pm »

I found a pair of pearls when I was rummaging about in the deeper tunnels, I think it was somebody's secreet stash, but I didn't realize their significance. I think they're still in my inventory. I will get on in roughly 11 hours and drop them off. I also volunteer as alchemist Boozemaster General if nobody objects.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #561 on: May 22, 2014, 11:54:15 pm »

Dodge that place at all costs and don't steal as much bread next time.  We'll try and buy the pearl...eventually...
This.
Who pearled you?
I don't recall the name, but the pearl is currently held in a chest at -2822, 1, 3097. It's not too much of an issue seeing as that was an alt account and I probably can't play much right now anyway, but it's a shame about the bread.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:37:36 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 23, 2014, 12:26:12 am »

Just let you guys know that most people have snitches around looking at their stuff, if you rob someone they'll know :P
And I would strongly suggest we avoid making any diamond cauldrons or anything requiring ungodly amounts of diamond or even iron for the time being, factories require repair every month or so, the cost is only 10% of what it initially cost, but Diamonds are precious beyond belief unless we have full scale strip mining going on.
The busiest towns have factories we might be able to use, or at least we could trade with them generally you might get a diamond or iron pick for 1-2 diamond or something like that.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 23, 2014, 01:21:02 am »

You probably shouldn't steal things. I'm not the leader this time, so it's not really my job to make these decisions, but I still strongly recommend that you don't pull stuff like that. I've been lurking on the Civcraft subreddit for a while, and they don't like it when people pull that sort of thing.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #564 on: May 23, 2014, 02:06:36 am »

You probably shouldn't steal things. I'm not the leader this time, so it's not really my job to make these decisions, but I still strongly recommend that you don't pull stuff like that. I've been lurking on the Civcraft subreddit for a while, and they don't like it when people pull that sort of thing.
I don't think we have a king, yet. If you know the ins and outs of the server, as it were, then making yourself the leader would be a good thing for all of us.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 23, 2014, 10:02:40 am »

Aye, we do need a king. I don't have anyone in mind.

Zanz, I left a pair of ender pearls in the chest in your office.

I'll concern myself (until I get a brewery and pub built) with restoring, finishing, and renovating things around Dumathion. Do people want to start using Old Dumathion again, or should we just put things in New Dumathion? There are still lots of pricey things like factories in Old Dumathion, but we can't use most, if not all of it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 23, 2014, 11:43:17 am »

I know some stuff about the server (some history, as well as how all the plugins other than FactoryMod work), but I'm not actually at the fortress yet. I don't think I'd make a very good leader.

I'm willing to act as a representative, though. Would you like me to announce our existence? If so, should I say we're going to be peaceful?

Remember, if we're hostile we're probably just going to get banished to the End for six months.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 23, 2014, 12:19:31 pm »

Again, how the bloody hell do I join the civ proper?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 23, 2014, 12:21:52 pm »

I'm willing to act as a representative, though. Would you like me to announce our existence? If so, should I say we're going to be peaceful?

Not yet, and, when we are announced, say something along the lines of 'we are going to be peaceful, unless you try to screw us over in some way, be it through griefing, general attack, or vastly unfair trading negotiations'.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 23, 2014, 12:31:48 pm »

Not yet, and, when we are announced, say something along the lines of 'we are going to be peaceful, unless you try to screw us over in some way, be it through griefing, general attack, or vastly unfair trading negotiations'.

Okay. In that case, I'll add a message to the OP stating that we shouldn't raid.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 97