Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118466 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Server has new map!
« Reply #375 on: April 03, 2014, 04:54:37 pm »

Well, most of the base is underground, so you can start sticking doors into that.  And if you really want, just set the tower on fire.

I'm a greedy bastard, not an arrogant dick.  Besides, doing that would just tick off the moderators since they are already supposed to move the thing somewhere else thanks to Elephan Parade requesting someone to do something about the tower, and they said it would be moved if they hadn't responded in a timeframe that is about an hour or two away.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 03, 2014, 06:14:57 pm »

Well, most of the base is underground, so you can start sticking doors into that.  And if you really want, just set the tower on fire.

I'm a greedy bastard, not an arrogant dick.  Besides, doing that would just tick off the moderators since they are already supposed to move the thing somewhere else thanks to Elephan Parade requesting someone to do something about the tower, and they said it would be moved if they hadn't responded in a timeframe that ended last night.
Fixed.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 03, 2014, 06:22:38 pm »

So I'm kind of confused about the tower. Was it there before or after we showed up?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 03, 2014, 06:34:47 pm »

So I'm kind of confused about the tower. Was it there before or after we showed up?

Wooden was there after we arrived.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 03, 2014, 06:41:42 pm »

That's rather uncouth.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 03, 2014, 06:47:49 pm »

That's rather uncouth.

Gone now.  Can someone grab my gear?  It's in the lowest level of the Bay 12 tower.  Tried luring the guy who's currently attacking down into there, but I was killed by the local 'residents'.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 03, 2014, 08:42:52 pm »

I was the one who modified the furnace area, just so people know.

Edit: also added two bunkers.  Only made of dirt right now, so that should be improved.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:58:26 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 03, 2014, 08:56:26 pm »

Added security to the front door.  To open it, use the chest next to it, which is passworded.  Password is the usual password, dwarf.

Also finished a really basic (And kinda shitty) melon farm.  It will automatically generate melons.  A non-shitty one that has more then one plot would require 8 sticky pistons and flowing water.  If someone could get some slime balls, I can set up a nifty auto-generating melon machine!

We need more security, so whoever gets on next needs to finish making walls and shit.  Maybe connect us to the rest of the fortress in a secure manner, and also put down signs telling which way is which.  It's kind of a maze at this point!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 04, 2014, 12:49:35 am »

I just realized that the new door might count as abusing locked items for base defense, which is not allowed. I put in a button, but I can't remove the chest. Please do so.

Edit: Also, the giant tower may not actually be on our land. I really need to finish that wall. I'll send /mail to the person who owns the land that the tower might be on.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:56:18 am by Elephant Parade »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 04, 2014, 05:32:26 am »

I just realized that the new door might count as abusing locked items for base defense, which is not allowed. I put in a button, but I can't remove the chest. Please do so.

Edit: Also, the giant tower may not actually be on our land. I really need to finish that wall. I'll send /mail to the person who owns the land that the tower might be on.

Ahh shit I didn't know that was a rule (Maybe we should ask an admin to be sure?).  And here I thought I was being clever.  I'll set up a different convoluted redstone system then.

Also:  I got rid of the crappy melon farm for various reasons.  I'll work on making a real one.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:09:02 am by Puzzlemaker »
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 04, 2014, 07:04:33 am »

I would build something along the lines of a combo lock, but statistics show ten out of ten people just knock down the door and put it back on the way out.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 04, 2014, 08:28:53 am »

I would build something along the lines of a combo lock, but statistics show ten out of ten people just knock down the door and put it back on the way out.

Yeah, plus a combo lock would have to use switches (unless I want to go crazy with redstone and use buttons).

I was thinking, hey, we are Bay12.  We need magma.  And traps.  And maybe magma traps.  Perhaps magma traps that are only disabled if you push the right buttons on a combo lock.

Plus we can build walls that rebuild themselves.  With pistons.  And MAGMA. 

Thoughts?

Edit:  Maybe we should move our base out of the cave, and into one of those crazy megastructures.  It would make sense to do that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:33:03 am by Puzzlemaker »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 04, 2014, 09:53:30 am »

Edit:  Maybe we should move our base out of the cave, and into one of those crazy megastructures.  It would make sense to do that.

Turn the cave into the front entrance, with barracks.  Traps won't be entirely effective at times, so we need to militarize.

About magma, we should lace the interior of the walls with the stuff.  People try to mine through, they get a healthy dose of the stuff.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 04, 2014, 10:19:58 am »

Turn the cave into the front entrance, with barracks.  Traps won't be entirely effective at times, so we need to militarize.

About magma, we should lace the interior of the walls with the stuff.  People try to mine through, they get a healthy dose of the stuff.

Exactly what I was thinking.  There are nether portals nearby, should be easy enough to get a bunch of lava.

The only question is how to secure the entrance.  I was thinking an iron door, with a twist.  If you enter without entering the right combination (Or something...) it would trigger a trap.

We would need tripwire (easy enough to make) since it would be harder to disable and spot, slimeballs (For sticky pistons... we really need slimeballs) and lava.  Plus, everyone who owns the current chests to move their stuff up to the megastructure/down into the catacombs.

Bleh, I have stuff I have to do tonight.  But this weekend I will be on for sure!  It will be fun!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 04, 2014, 10:21:12 am »

I expanded my wheat farm a bit. I had to stop since I ran into the archer bunkers, though. Seems everywhere I go, I run into problems: Caves, tunnels...
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 97