Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118496 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders RETURNS! - Is the poll invisible? Please vote.
« Reply #270 on: February 20, 2014, 03:23:16 pm »

I burned in magma. It looks like someone griefed you. I put some fires out, and a lot of glass is broken. I'll try to replace it, if I can.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 20, 2014, 06:52:56 pm »

I burned in magma. It looks like someone griefed you. I put some fires out, and a lot of glass is broken. I'll try to replace it, if I can.
/modreq time!

Wardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2014, 09:02:34 am »

Where did all the food go? Have we been robbed? The cow was loose, I took it back to her... cell.

In other news, I doubled up the size of the auto-harvesting farm, because I don't usually have bone meal so I need a large farm to compensate for my little bone... meal. Haven't done easy access though, nor a hopper to collect the stuff to chests.

Edit: all the wood, spruce saplings and axes are gone. Unless someone's been reorganizing our stockpiles I think we've been robbed.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:07:30 am by Wardo »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2014, 10:20:41 am »

Where did all the food go? Have we been robbed? The cow was loose, I took it back to her... cell.

In other news, I doubled up the size of the auto-harvesting farm, because I don't usually have bone meal so I need a large farm to compensate for my little bone... meal. Haven't done easy access though, nor a hopper to collect the stuff to chests.

Edit: all the wood, spruce saplings and axes are gone. Unless someone's been reorganizing our stockpiles I think we've been robbed.
Yeah, we were robbed. They emptied out the trash armor chest in the zombie room too, and replaced the zombie spawner with a pig spawner, which I got fixed. Last time I checked, the food chest was full, though. We should probably keep EVERYTHING locked now.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2014, 11:10:32 am »

Yeah, we were robbed. They emptied out the trash armor chest in the zombie room too, and replaced the zombie spawner with a pig spawner, which I got fixed. Last time I checked, the food chest was full, though. We should probably keep EVERYTHING locked now.
We should probably claim a clan area. If we do, we can clanlock chests.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders RETURNS! - Dead?
« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2014, 02:28:59 am »

...So, is this dead? If people are just bored of this server, we could try switching servers. Or we could simply let it die.

If we want to try again with a different server, I have a few ideas.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2014, 02:32:53 am »

Really, I think we've hit a wall so far as development goes; we have nothing left to strive for. Megaprojects?        Remodeling? En masse moving? At the very least, before we leave, we should booby trap our base, and leave puzzles which give the password to a chest of loot buried deep inside.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2014, 03:44:45 am »

Really, I think we've hit a wall so far as development goes; we have nothing left to strive for. Megaprojects?        Remodeling? En masse moving? At the very least, before we leave, we should booby trap our base, and leave puzzles which give the password to a chest of loot buried deep inside.
We could horde more resources and kill people, or build a giant megafortress. If we want to begin participating more in PvP, we should build an embassy on one of the roads.

Also, I fixed the poll. The poll has always been incredibly buggy for this topic; dunno why,

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2014, 04:50:28 am »

I did, for the most part, leave, simply because my favorite mod sucked out all the enjoyment out of Vanilla for me.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 08, 2014, 04:39:28 am »

Which mod is that?
I never joined this server, but I probably would have lost interest around the time the robbing and griefing started, that tends to make me avoid logging on :/
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 08, 2014, 05:20:03 am »

Which mod is that?
I never joined this server, but I probably would have lost interest around the time the robbing and griefing started, that tends to make me avoid logging on :/
We got robbed of some stuff because not all of our chests were protected.

The griefing (which isn't allowed on this server) got reversed by admins, I believe.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 09, 2014, 05:11:18 pm »

The server is switching to chaos rules on Wednesday. It will remain in chaos mode until Friday, at which point there will be a new map.

Shall we take part? I have 51 TNT stockpiled. I suggest that we blow up our own tower so it looks like our base has been raided, and move all our stuff deep underground.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 09, 2014, 05:15:54 pm »

Seconded. Save a couple of TNT blocks for the people who kept digging into our strip mines.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 09, 2014, 05:23:35 pm »

Seconded. Save a couple of TNT blocks for the people who kept digging into our strip mines.
I'm going to be playing quite a bit over the next few days. I'll try to make some enchanted armour for everyone so that we can stand a chance.

Fire Protection and Blast Protection might be a bit more useful than normal. Also, we should carry Potions of Fire Resistance at all times.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - CHAOS THIS WEDNESDAY! Stockpile some TNT!
« Reply #284 on: March 10, 2014, 11:46:23 pm »

The day after tomorrow is when law ends and chaos begins!

Plan of Action for Chaos
Step -1: Obtain large quantities of TNT, lava, and diamonds. Move important items to Ender Chests. Move beds to a hidden room in the basement.
Step 0: A backup of the map is saved, and Chaos begins.
Step 1: Blow up our tower. Hopefully, this will cause people to think our building has been raided already.
Step 2: Scout out the map and determine which structure to attack.
Step 3: Loot the structure.
Step 4: Blow up the structure and surround it with lava.
Step 5: Repeat steps 2-5.

Anybody have any comments on the plan? I've scouted out a few structures already.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97