Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118067 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders
« Reply #1290 on: August 17, 2014, 01:52:26 am »

...Seriously?
wtf guys, This is a mess.
Actually I like your optimism, the middle of a potential civil war and we're discussing floral wallpaper patterns ... (metaphorically) what colour hats people should wear.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 06:49:16 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1291 on: August 17, 2014, 02:19:45 am »

What can I say? I'm easily distracted :P
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 17, 2014, 02:39:45 am »

PTW
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 17, 2014, 03:21:16 am »

...Seriously?
Actually I like your optimism, the middle of a potential civil war and we're discussing floral wallpaper patterns ... (metaphorically)
A civil war where one side is a single rich dude?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

gold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 17, 2014, 04:02:15 am »

single rich dude?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1295 on: August 17, 2014, 04:07:53 am »

Tahu, I'm guessing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 17, 2014, 04:39:58 am »

I was under the impression that both tahujared and Goldminer were both pretty well off in terms of resources to throw at this.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 17, 2014, 06:28:03 am »

I have DC's of stone, an iron sword, 16 sets! of iron armour and a half stack of anvils, fear me!
Jokes aside, we need to pull back from all this discussion about new government organizational structures untill this dispute is over, not that I don't like some of Zan's suggestions. But as Werdna/Cynrh said, Dumathoin is Goldminer's, yes he abandoned the city, as did bay 12 once, but civcraft common law has a well established precedent of public opinion siding with the founder. What's needed is a dialogue between everyone here and Goldminer just as zan suggested.
While I don't condone the threats being thrown around I have to say that I understand where tahu is coming from, since gold returned he has received significant harrassment, at first not specifically from goldminer, but after he started becoming defensive the aggression just developed from both sides.

What I would like is for everyone to agree that ultimately the power here comes from goldminer, while at the same time goldminer should realize, accept, and agree that compromise is necessary if he would like to continue as a community, the alternative is obviously to become king of an abandoned city once more, not a very attractive prospect, but I understand if he would prefer that option, but I don't think we havegiven him enough bullshit for that to be likely.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:00:51 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 17, 2014, 08:30:19 am »

Ceremonial axes are better than swords from an RP perspective. We're dwarves, so let's use dwarfy weapons.
And I can't see any reason why we can't have both ceremonial axes and signed books.

I'm not so certain axes would be a good idea to use, because, while the civilians would turn elsewhere, it would be easier for other ranks to accidentally use up their ID axe for chopping down trees.

I was going to say we could use both books and axes as well, the book being harbored in the final inventory slot.

...Seriously?
Actually I like your optimism, the middle of a potential civil war and we're discussing floral wallpaper patterns ... (metaphorically) what colour hats people should wear.

Two reasons:
1) Right now, we are only waiting on them to respond, so we need something to pass the time.
2) At the current time, though we refer to GoldMiner as king, we've really been working without a government.  If we had one, then a court system could have settled this mess before it got out of hand, like it now has.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

gold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 17, 2014, 10:46:17 am »

What I would like is for everyone to agree that ultimately the power here comes from goldminer, while at the same time goldminer should realize, accept, and agree that compromise is necessary if he would like to continue as a community, the alternative is obviously to become king of an abandoned city once more, not a very attractive prospect, but I understand if he would prefer that option, but I don't think we havegiven him enough bullshit for that to be likely.

to be honest I am not to worried about it become abandoned once more. so for from the being on almost 24/7 I have seen there active people Cynrh,tahu, and you Marc so to me it already seems abandon. the only place I see people active is in the forums. Yeah I get been active is not being on 24/7 but it also means coming on at least once a week.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 17, 2014, 12:28:07 pm »

I have seen there active people Cynrh,tahu, and you Marc so to me it already seems abandon.

Well, considering Fall Semesters are starting up around this time, that's pretty active for a city with the population of Dumathoin.

the only place I see people active is in the forums.

As I see it, that is so that more people are able to participate in a conversation.

By the way, Elephant had this directed at you and Tahujdt:

Goldminer: Please re-add tahujdt to the forge.
tahujdt: In the future, please don't make threats. It certainly seemed like you were threatening Goldminer, even if that wasn't your intent.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 17, 2014, 12:31:51 pm »

By the way, Elephant had this directed at you and Tahujdt:

Goldminer: Please re-add tahujdt to the forge.
tahujdt: In the future, please don't make threats. It certainly seemed like you were threatening Goldminer, even if that wasn't your intent.
Won't do any good, the goons will come down on me like the fist of Armok if I go back into the city.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 17, 2014, 12:44:10 pm »

Won't do any good, the goons will come down on me like the fist of Armok if I go back into the city.

If this constitution is adopted, then only the military can act against the civilization's citizens within our own borders, Mercenaries and Bounty Hunters are only allowed to go after non-citzen targets, and even then, they are to work with local military forces.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 17, 2014, 01:41:42 pm »

If this constitution is adopted, then only the military can act against the civilization's citizens within our own borders, Mercenaries and Bounty Hunters are only allowed to go after non-citzen targets, and even then, they are to work with local military forces.
Yeah, doubt they're gonna be likely to listen to us.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 17, 2014, 06:47:19 pm »

On a completely unrelated note, the farms outside Dale haven't been harvested in ages and they're all ready for harvest. I'll grab those quick like before anything else.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 97