Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118228 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - We may get invaded! Help us defend!
« Reply #1110 on: July 27, 2014, 08:03:09 pm »

Oh, hey Darkstar, BTW, I broke into your chest while you were gone, a friend of GoldMiner's broke into my vault chest vault (I got the stuff back eventually), and I didn't want you to be targeted next. I have your gear in my private (and much more secure now) vault.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 28, 2014, 02:08:06 pm »

Oh, hey Darkstar, BTW, I broke into your chest while you were gone, a friend of GoldMiner's broke into my vault chest vault (I got the stuff back eventually), and I didn't want you to be targeted next. I have your gear in my private (and much more secure now) vault.

Thanks tahu; I was worried that someone had come in and taken stuff when I saw that the vault had been damaged.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 29, 2014, 03:55:49 am »

[REDACTED TO KEEP DUMATHOIN COORDINATES HIDDEN]

Ermm...

Also, silly question, but where the sod is Dumathoin? I can't see it on the civcraft map, so either it's the wrong one or it's out of date. Either seems likely, regarding the state of their wiki.

If you check it has the co-ordinates RIGHT HERE, may want to request that they be censored/edited out
From the entrance, go to the furthest left and back structure, cross the lowest bridge, down the tunnel, and head straight into Dumathoin.
Fantastic. Thankyou.

Edit: the bolded bit is mine, to avoid confusion. It actually does have Co-Ords, though.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:09:39 am by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 29, 2014, 06:32:44 am »

Yeah it's still around the thread a few times, but to avoid bringing attention to the fact I've been PM ing people to edit their posts, unsuccessfully I might add, but thanks for bringing it back :p
Anyway the location was actually posted on reddit about a year ago by someone who was pissed off or sonething.......
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 29, 2014, 09:03:27 am »

Alright, Marc, if you're not going to work on the dome, can I start on it? Can you send me the plans?
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 29, 2014, 09:52:50 am »

I stopped because I couldn't decide what to do with the big dwarf head, it either needs to be moved downwards towards the main hall, Or the whole dome should go up a further ... I'm not sure, but it is high enough to possibly require serious modification of the mountain above..
Opinions?
Before deciding I guess I could just remeasure everything and dig upwards towards where the dome needs to start and check the final position of the roof.
BTW I used this tool for the dome: http://www.plotz.co.uk/plotz-model.php?model=Ellipsoid
Height set to 24, width and depth set to 88, the 2D mode is much easier to read, zoom the tool to 200%, center the grid so the top left side is onscreen then start on level 13 and go up. I got pretty good at remembering how to construct it in creative, I may need to change the technique for survival though....
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 29, 2014, 10:04:28 am »

I stopped because I couldn't decide what to do with the big dwarf head, it either needs to be moved downwards towards the main hall, Or the whole dome should go up a further ... I'm not sure, but it is high enough to possibly require serious modification of the mountain above..
Opinions?
Before deciding I guess I could just remeasure everything and dig upwards towards where the dome needs to start and check the final position of the roof.
BTW I used this tool for the dome: http://www.plotz.co.uk/plotz-model.php?model=Ellipsoid
Height set to 24, width and depth set to 88, the 2D mode is much easier to read, zoom the tool to 200%, center the grid so the top left side is onscreen then start on level 13 and go up. I got pretty good at remembering how to construct it in creative, I may need to change the technique for survival though....
I'll carve off the dwarf face, then.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 29, 2014, 10:40:59 am »

Why not make a dormer for it?
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 29, 2014, 10:42:48 am »

Marc, is the dirt in the dome top where the center is? If not, where's the exact center of the dome?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 29, 2014, 11:58:50 am »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 29, 2014, 02:06:52 pm »

Marc, is the dirt in the dome top where the center is? If not, where's the exact center of the dome?

I built the very top in cobble, there should be a disc up in the cealing at level 80 something, the center of the disk is dirt or something..:

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 29, 2014, 09:10:29 pm »

I have the first two layers of the dome done.

Seriously, people, grab a pick and put in some work! I put a bunch of D picks in the chest at the top of the ladder leading up; you're more than welcome to use those.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 30, 2014, 12:07:16 am »

I have so little time on work days, however I'll have an hour today and maybe a few more tonight (except I usually just pass out after work)
But 2 days off from tomorrow so I'll be ready for significant doming....
Oh... I kinda forgot, I wanted to change the design to an oval to fit the cavern better..... erm.. too late to start over? :p

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 30, 2014, 08:13:08 am »

Not really, I only built the first two layers to get an idea of which dig areas to prioritize.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 30, 2014, 01:05:49 pm »

Can you give me the dimensions of the new dome?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 97