Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *IT'S ALIVE!?*  (Read 11509 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2013, 06:58:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You wait, watching the fighting as it goes on. The hours continue, the electric company entrenches itself further while taking and receiving pot shots. The fighting doesn't look like it is going to intensify or break any time soon. Night begins to fall, and when it does, more fighting breaks out on the other side of the castle. A group of tall figures with pointy ears was attacking under the cover of darkness, to be pounded with artillery and stopped by the knights when they reach the wall. Two more groups start battling loudly on a nearby mountain.

Well, it doesn't look like he is going to be back today. What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2013, 10:05:17 pm »

You hop simply down the other side of the hut, without being noticed. More bullets hit the chimney, knocking half of it over. It looks like they haven't seen you yet.

What do you do now?
Peek around side of house, see what peasants are doing. Try to remain hidden.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2013, 10:18:07 pm »

You peak around the side of the house. The are looking at what is going on. A few are obviously board, yawning. Several are passing around a wooden bowl full of pop fish (Think popcorn, but pink. And tastes like fish.) and are enjoying the show. The old one is taking a nap. "OIY DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD HELP THE WIZARD GUY!?" the young man in the middle yells, fortunately loud enough for you to hear. "NO, I THINK HE GOT THIS. I MEAN HE SOUNDS REALLY SURE OF HIMSELF. I WOULDN'T WANT ANYONE FROM OUR VILLAGE TO GET HURT!" some random people in the crown begin yelling. "WELL MAYBE I SHOULD ASK HIM. HEY WIZARD GUY, YOU NEED HELP?" The man in the middle asks.

Three more bullets hit the chimney, knocking down most of it. The robbers continue to shoot at the chimney. They must not like unsturdy constructions.

Robber Leader
Health: Perfect
Size: Large Human
Distance: 100
Action: Shooting
Additional Status: None

Robber 1
Size: Human
Distance: 110

Robber 2
Distance: 120

What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2013, 10:25:30 pm »

You peak around the side of the house. The are looking at what is going on. A few are obviously board, yawning. Several are passing around a wooden bowl full of pop fish (Think popcorn, but pink. And tastes like fish.) and are enjoying the show. The old one is taking a nap. "OIY DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD HELP THE WIZARD GUY!?" the young man in the middle yells, fortunately loud enough for you to hear. "NO, I THINK HE GOT THIS. I MEAN HE SOUNDS REALLY SURE OF HIMSELF. I WOULDN'T WANT ANYONE FROM OUR VILLAGE TO GET HURT!" some random people in the crown begin yelling. "WELL MAYBE I SHOULD ASK HIM. HEY WIZARD GUY, YOU NEED HELP?" The man in the middle asks.

Three more bullets hit the chimney, knocking down most of it. The robbers continue to shoot at the chimney. They must not like unsturdy constructions.
Catsplosion the robbers.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2013, 10:27:53 pm »

Catsplosion is still loading (1 turn left)
Which robber would you like to target?
What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2013, 10:34:32 pm »

How close together are the robbers?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2013, 10:35:42 pm »

How close together are the robbers?

Distance 10 apart. Your catsplosion has an AOE of 5.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2013, 10:40:21 pm »

Fire bolt the leader.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2013, 01:52:59 am »

'I will accompany you.

Accompany them.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2013, 03:57:30 am »

Continue waiting till morning. Tak a nap with 3 on guard at all times.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2013, 08:08:24 pm »

Robber Leader
Health: Dead
Size: Large Human
Distance: 100
Action: Dead
Additional Status: Dead

Robber 1
Action: Retreating

Robber 2
Distance: 130

You jump out from cover and quickly cast firebolt. The arrow of light and heat launches from your walking stick, flying through the air like a badger. Everything goes perfectly. A fist sized hole appears in the center of the head robber, with dark blood boiling around it. He falls immediately to the ground, never to move again. In other words, Critical hit! Its super effective!

"Screw this, I am out of here." The remaining robbers say together as they race toward the boat.

What do you do now?
---------------

I didn't want the leader to die in one hit, but you got perfect dice, so I thought why not.

-------------------

"Id hope you would say that, mate. Welcome to the team, if only for a little bit." The man welcomes you. You set up camp with them and leave the next morning. The tire was easy to fix, and you were off just after sunset. The two men were in the front of the truck, using the seats, leaving you in the back. "Sorry mate, no room up here." was all he said to you on the topic. The back of the truck was dark, filled with different items. Cardboard boxes marked "Fragile", glass with medical supplies marked with a red cross, and more boxes of different size. There is a small opening were you manage to stand. The bus starts up and you move at a decent pace, with only a few major bumps.

The trip goes monotonously for a few hours. You got tired eventually, and decided to sit on one of the sturdier boxes not marked "fragile" as a chair. It was made of steel, so they shouldn't mind and you shouldn't break anything. After half a day's travel, you finally stop. You are feeling a little hungry and thirsty, though it isn't to bad. The doors open up, letting light in for the first time in several hours. "We are here mate, guess we didn't need your protection after all." said the first man, shrugging. "Goodluck." he said, as he motioned you out to the dirt road in front of you. All you could see is dirt road, winding off into a grassy plain, and the men who drove you here. You get off the box to thank them, but accidentally knock the box down, spilling its contents.

You are about to say or do something when you look at what was spilled out. Bags of cocaine flowed from the box you were sitting on. Looking around, you find that the rest of the items are all illegal drugs as well. Heroine, cocaine, hyper hallucinogens, and the chemicals and plants necessary to grow and make more. How was it possible for you to not notice this?

What do you do now?
-------

You and your men continue waiting, sleeping with several guards out at one time. Nobody attacks you, but the valley is filled with the sound of fighting at random intervals the whole night.

Dawn comes fast. The mercenaries and the castle stop plinking at each other, for one reason or another. There is a temporary peace. But once again, the man who spoke with you earlier does not show up. Perhaps he is done speaking? If you want to talk to him, maybe you should take the initiative, going to him?

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2013, 08:12:53 pm »

Go to the castle and request to see the man who spoke to me.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2013, 11:38:47 pm »

You jump out from cover and quickly cast firebolt. The arrow of light and heat launches from your walking stick, flying through the air like a badger. Everything goes perfectly. A fist sized hole appears in the center of the head robber, with dark blood boiling around it. He falls immediately to the ground, never to move again. In other words, Critical hit! Its super effective!

"Screw this, I am out of here." The remaining robbers say together as they race toward the boat.

What do you do now?
If they're close together, catsplosion them. Otherwise, yell "STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM! I HAVE A BUSINESS PROPOSITION!"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2013, 06:23:57 pm »

"No more! I Yield I YIELD!" Shouts the first robber as he gets on the ground, putting his hands behind his head. "I WOULD RATHER DIE THEN PAY A MODEST FINE!" the second shouts as he continues running toward the boat.

Robber 1
Action: Yielding

Robber 2
Distance: 140

What do you do now?

----------------

You gather your men and head toward the tall walls of the castle. You walk out into the valley surrounding the castle. Though it seems to look more like no man's land then a valley, the once grassy terrain around it has been shot to pieces and trampled on. Barbed wire and random debris cover the battle field, with random patches of grass attempting to create a home.

Here, you can see some of the other camps better. Several surrounding the castle all have strong looking fortifications, steel walls, lizard like scale hide walls, wooden palisades, sandbags.... none are in your current path toward the castle, so they should be difficult to avoid, if they don't see you. But how do you stay hidden in an open field?

After a good portion of the morning has been spent, you can see the castle's high walls above you. You may even be in communicating distance now, if you get the whole group to yell. Just when you are about to attempt communication, some information is beamed into your head. The Electric company mercenaries have taken in the men you attacked yesterday, and are now mobilizing for retaliation. You can see a group of men and vehicals rushing toward you from the camp.

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2013, 06:52:25 pm »

(( What do I know of that company, how many men in the vehicles and on foot? Are the vehicles armed? ))
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18