Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *IT'S ALIVE!?*  (Read 11500 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2013, 04:43:47 am »

"And these groups gathered here will do the same to all your people given the chance.

Why should I not kill the killers first?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2013, 06:03:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"NO! I CAN SHOOT LEAD AT FASTER THEN THE SPEED OF SOUND AT YOU! AND THERE ARE FOUR OF US! YOUR MOM HAS A FLAWED BUSINESS METHOD! AND YOU HAVE NEVER GIVEN ME A REASON NOT TO SHOOT YOU!"

The robbers then proceed to point their guns at you.

---------

"That is funny. I was just thinking the same thing." The voice stated. "At this moment, I have a laser designator pointing directly at your head. One call and an artillery squad will level you. Give me one reason not to make that call."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2013, 06:17:41 pm »

" Because I attacked your enemies I did not join them in trying to find a way into your city.

I have no intention of harming you or your people and I believe your people would be far happier with a cordon of savages and hired guns camping around there home.

Maybe we can make a deal that will work out for both of us.

Oh and as for what you asked earlier, the life of one of my men? He is not dead, our minds are connected so his body may have failed but his mind lives on with us. None of my brothers will ever be killed so long as I live and with this armor I will live a long, long time.
"
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2013, 06:27:13 pm »

"Is that so? Well...." the voice began, only to be interrupted by the sounds of fighting. Men began yelling, explosives went off, and other sounds of combat filled the air. "Oh god damn it! We will have to finish this later, I can't be wasting ammo now..."

And the voice was gone.

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2013, 06:32:19 pm »

Get my mens report on what was found in the camp.(( In my head obviously so it only takes a second.))
Caine's law.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2013, 06:35:41 pm »

The report comes in instantly. You have collected 5 uniforms, 1 assault rifle, 1 sniper rifle, and 4 handguns. The rest were taken by the enemy as they ran.

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2013, 06:38:45 pm »

Put it in a pack then head towards the fighting. Stop when we have a good view of it.
Caine's law.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2013, 07:17:13 pm »

Your team swiftly (Well, as swiftly as possible for mobile weapon platforms) move towards the fighting, going up a small hill for increased vision.

What you see is about 1000 men, all riding a strange animal. The animal looks like a velociraptor, without fish-like skin, running on four legs like a horse. The men were all assaulting the wall, charging toward it at impressive speeds while screaming. Artillery shells go off in the air, sending a burst of deadly needles onto the advancing army. Several fall, lying next to other corpses with similar wounds. Some are almost to the tall walls. One, faster then the rest, begins walking up the high white walls as easily as it ran on the ground. It made it half way up in just a few turns. Suddenly, an object falls next to it, and two halves of the rider and beast fall to the ground. The object, on close inspection, was a man. A knight, in white armor. Several other knights joined the fight, some by using a door others in a similar jumping method. They begin fighting off the enemies, many now gathering at the base of the wall.

Just as suddenly, men start attacking the flank of the riders. These men were also riding something, though something more recognizable. They were in simple hovercrafts, basically boats that are capable of moving on land. They are popular on low-gravity planets, they can move over almost any terrain but are unable to move if they are overloaded. This means they commonly have light armor and weaponry. These have a machine gun each on them, and are spraying them liberally. Behind them was a group of men and jeeps, multiple rocket launcher trucks, cargo trucks, and even a light tank. The trucks were all painted with the "Johnson and Smith Electric" logo, like the soldiers from earlier. The new comers begin assaulting the riders, filling their flank with artillery fire and bullets. The remaining riders retreat into the forest, in an attempt to escape the pincer they are now finding themselves in.

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2013, 07:38:53 pm »

Wait for the guy to  come back to keep talking.
Caine's law.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2013, 10:06:38 pm »

"NO! I CAN SHOOT LEAD AT FASTER THEN THE SPEED OF SOUND AT YOU! AND THERE ARE FOUR OF US! YOUR MOM HAS A FLAWED BUSINESS METHOD! AND YOU HAVE NEVER GIVEN ME A REASON NOT TO SHOOT YOU!"

The robbers then proceed to point their guns at you.
Take cover behind the chimney, cast Catsplosion in the air above them.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2013, 10:48:44 pm »

You wait for the voice to come back. The Electric company mercenaries get in a defensive position, putting the armored cargo trucks in a circle around the artillery and start firing rockets toward the castle. The castle and the mercenaries trade potshots for a while. Minutes soak into an hour, with no end in sight.

What do you do now?

--------------

You jump behind the chimney and chant the magical chant "Meoeooooow!" Suddenly, a massive ball of fire appears over your head. In a blink of light, the fire takes the form of a common house cat. "MEEOOOOW!" The cat blurts as it flies over the heads of the robbers, leaving a trail of smoke behind. It explodes in a massive ball of fire, atomizing one of the robbers instantly.

Robber Leader
Health: Perfect
Size: Large Human
Distance: 100
Action: Shooting
Additional Status: None

Robber 1
Size: Human
Distance: 110

Robber 2
Size: Human
Distance: 120

The response is bullets. Three bullets chip into the chimney, one to the left, one to the right, and one in the middle. The chimney holds, but barley, as it starts to wave back and forth. It mustn't have been put together very well. Don't these people have OSHA or something?

What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2013, 11:00:15 pm »

Climb off the side of the roof opposite the bandits, keeping out of their line of sight.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:02:04 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2013, 01:23:53 pm »

Find the nearest village.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2013, 06:14:27 pm »

You hop simply down the other side of the hut, without being noticed. More bullets hit the chimney, knocking half of it over. It looks like they haven't seen you yet.

What do you do now?

------------

You look around for any signs of a village. Finding none, you decided to look for any signs of life. The closest you find is a distant campground, with a single cargo truck parked around a fire. Not much a lead, but they probably know where the nearest village is.

You start off on your journey to meet the other travelers, making a steady pace for about two hours before arriving. There are two men sitting around the fire, apparently made with fire wood brought in from our reality. You ask them where the nearest village is.

"Its to the west 'bout a hundred miles." One answers, "No mate you don't wanna go there. Its called the Clam Shell by travelers. Anyone who goes near it gets blown up, gotta mine field or something. People who get past don' get much out of it, the people don' like our people. You would be better off going a hundred miles east, were the other village is."

The men talk between themselves quietly for a minute. "How about you come with us, mate?" the first one asks. "We are going to a rich little town about two hundred miles from here. We have a truck, we could have been here already if we didn't get a flat. We could use some protection, all we have are these little pistols...."

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2013, 06:41:17 pm »

Continue observing the battle from a safe distance and waits for my potential friend to return. (( Basically just fast forward until the fighting ends and he comes back. ))
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18