Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *IT'S ALIVE!?*  (Read 11496 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2013, 10:13:09 pm »

Since I have no idea what it does, up in the air about midway between the village and the people.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2013, 10:23:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From your dramatic pose, you cast the spell Wildcard. Immediately after the arcane words exited your mouth, your staff began vibrating. Suddenly, a giant badger, as big as a man, shoots out of your walking stick. It goes into a super man pose, flying serpentine over the heads of the very confused people on the beach. It gives a mighty yodel as it flies, filling the town with the haunting, high pitched and squeaky sound. Just as suddenly as it came to existence, it vanished into pixie dust over the lake.

That got the villagers and invader's confused attention.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2013, 10:29:18 pm »

Dramatic arm gestures, yell "WIZARD!"
Be sure to maintain stable footing.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2013, 10:32:12 pm »

You manage to keep stable footing, to the amazement of the bird from earlier. Everyone else just looks at you, completely confused. The invaders seemed to have drawn there weapons, but are not doing anything yet.

What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2013, 10:35:21 pm »

Do I have any food? If so, feed bird. If not, inquire if it would be interested in a career in looting shiny things.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2013, 10:42:15 pm »

You have some travelers bread on you. Or it might be a rock, it is hard to tell. Either way, the bird pecks at it twice, then squawks. You can tell it is interested in the position, but its eyes seem to ask questions. Does it pay medical? Dental? What is the life insurance policy? Will he be able to take six weeks paternity? Does the position have a chance to move up in the company? When you are about to answer all these questions and more, a shout from two people on the beach manages to reach you.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!"

What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2013, 10:58:46 pm »

"I AM THE MIGHTY WIZARD OF SOTH!"
"Medical and dental are covered under the Loot Group policy. Life insurance is that the Group tries not to let you die, and if you do die with dependants they're taken care of by the Group Pool. Paternity is available- unpaid, but existing Group Pool funds can be allocated if needed. Starting position is as Associate, and multiple paths of advancement are available, from Full Member to Familiar to Group-Associated Businessperson."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2013, 02:10:16 am »

Finish them off with aimed bursts.

(( Hmmm I hope this lot had a good store of weapons even if it's only standard stuff. I can use it to encourage basic people to join me, arm them and use them as fodder units and keep the elites as my bodyguards until I can get a few special team mates then I can give each party member a team and split my forces into snipers, heavy weapons, tanks, assault and demo forces. So I need 4 party members.

Then I augment them 4 then I augment each of them a team.

Is it possible to get into the city? With all that gold maybe they'll pay richly for somebody to kill off the bandits and mercenaries who are causing them problems.

When my defense rolls don't fail this armor rocks, gonna need to add some extra augments to it later though.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:05:42 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2013, 04:53:11 am »

Spoiler: Sheet! (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2013, 07:22:33 pm »

The two arguing men from below give a second, even louder, shout, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!?", scaring away the bird. Perhaps it was for the best, the bird has a wife and kid at home, perhaps he should avoid dangerous work adventuring.

----------------------------

Mercenary Guard 4
Health: Perfect
Size: Human
Distance: 194
Action: Excaping
Additional Status: None

Mercenary Guard 5
Health: Minor Injury
Size: Human (Crouching)
Distance: 169
Additional Status: Minor Bleeding

Anti Armor Team
Size: 2 Human
Distance:154
Action: Shooting

Mercenary Guard 6
Size: Human
Distance: 196

Mercenary Guard 7
Health: Dead
Size: Lupine
Distance: 154
Action: Dead
Additional Status: Dead

---------------
It is possible to get to the city. We will have to see what happens after that. Smiley face.

----------------

Your team begins to fight of the remaining enemy troops. Both sides are fighting the hardest they have been all night, though your men are coming out on top. The AA team fires a rocket at you, smashing into your leg! Though your armor managed to defeat most of the blast, your armor was pierced! You receive two damages and start bleeding a little, nothing problematic. Your guns decimate the lupine defending the AA team who was fighting you, leaving it exposed. Your enemy only has about a third of its men left. The snipers begin to retreat. What do you do now?

-------------

-----------

Is this acceptable?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2013, 09:23:51 pm »

Realized we are in different time zones and that I will probably get one post in a day, and should start already, if it isn't acceptable you will have to wait. Not like I am getting you into a gunfight right off the bat.

--------------

You look around your new surroundings. You are not very impressed. The only visible buildings are the outpost you just came out of and a broken-down attempt at a factory. There is nothing else but barren, scorched Earth. The land your target has run to is a wasteland as far as your eyes can see.

You had just exited the portal moments ago, after a several month long flight and a thousand credits to get through the door. Nobody had any idea who you were talking about. They don't exactly keep records of everyone who comes in, and even if they had, he would probably find away around it. None of the soldiers had seen him. You are in a strange wasteland with no leads.

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2013, 09:31:13 pm »

Finish off the survivors and leave them to run, if we kill them all then search the camp and gather up every weapon, piece of armor and valueable object in it.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2013, 09:45:01 pm »

Anti Armor Team
Health: Dead
Size: 2 Human
Distance:154
Action: Dead

The small group of survivors are defeated by your men, gunned down to the last. You focus your guns on the two man assault team. You kill one of them, but the one holding the launcher aims for one final burst. The rocket hits near one of your men, dealing one damage, causing only a small wound. Your squad finishes him off in a hail of bullets.

Your men switch off combat mode to be able to loot the camp effectively and start off to their job. You are about to search yourself, when a whispering voice greets you. "Was it worth it?" the voice said simply.

What do you do?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2013, 09:50:54 pm »

"They would have done the same to us, We don't kill the innocent."
Caine's law.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2013, 10:01:58 pm »

"Would they have?" The voice said, sounding like a genuine question. "They were mercenaries, not raiders. Raiders get payed when the doors get burst open. Mercenaries get payed until then. If they are truly loyal to money and themselves, they would avoid fighting at all costs."

The voice seems to get closer after that. "One of your men died. A dozen of them were killed. And what were you fighting over? A few hundred gold's worth of equipment? How much gold are your soldier's lives worth?"

"I suppose I should just cut to the chase." the voice continues, "How much gold would it take to get you far, far away from here, never to return?"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:19:47 pm by Stirk »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18