Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *IT'S ALIVE!?*  (Read 11489 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2013, 02:21:30 pm »

Yup that makes sense, although that was only for his minions, Harveys was a bit more advanced then theres so his communication skills where enhanced by his ability to read body language rather then decreased. But that was probably a bit OP and I can just use physical intimidation anyway since thats strength based not charisma.

So yup all good.

Look for a small camp that looks like it holds no more then 20-30 men and that does not look wealthy or well armed and head for it, use my enhanced senses to pick out how many men are in it and how well armed and to stop us being ambushed, when we get within normal site range of it activate combat mode and prepare all weapons.
Shout for the leader to face me then shoot him down if he comes out, if not we head into the camp in close formation and shoot down everybody aiming for the legs to incapacitate but not kill, kill the leader when he's found so the rest surrender.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:32:48 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2013, 02:50:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You do a quick scout of the obvious targets, looking for the smallest most vulnerable camps. From this distance, two stand out. One is from the fantasy world, from the looks of it. They have a small "camp" around a large pit covered with some kind of leather. They have several horses from what you can see, though not to much in the way of weaponry beyond short swords, and a lot of bows. Strangely, the "tents" seem to be the hollowed-out insides of animals, making a kind of macabre sleeping bag. About twenty five tents can be seen, one for each man. The other choice target is from your reality. They are apparently poor, sleeping in simple sleeping bags on the ground, with fires dotting the camp. There is about thirty men here, about ten seem to be in uniform for guard duty.

What do you do?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2013, 02:53:14 pm »

Approach the camp from our reality and activate combat mode when we come within the guards sight range, intimate the enemy into surrendering to us, if they refuse use guns and aim for the legs and arms. Go for through and through's only to avoid doing significant damage. Just make them surrender.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2013, 03:08:04 pm »

You approach the camp from our reality, your group entering combat mode as you get near. As you get closer, you can see a name on the uniforms and t-shirts, "Johnson and Smith Electric". You attempt to intimidate them, but don't get far in any speaking way. As soon as you are within sight distance, an alarm sounds. The guards start to rush towards you, while the rest of the group gets their equipment ready. You think some of the guards might be intimidated, but it isn't like you are an expert in body language or anything.

Mercenary Guard 1
Health: Perfect
Size: Human
Distance: 50
Action: Aiming
Additional Status: None

Mercenary Guard 2
Distance: 150

Mercenary Captain
Action: Commanding

While your men begin fighting under your orders, attempting to defeat the enemy with as little force as possible, three men engage you directly. A lupine guard, about 50 meters away with a sub machine gun, was crouching and preparing to fire at you. Behind him, a human designated marksman was also aiming at you, while the captain began barking orders to the inactive troops.

What do you do?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2013, 03:11:21 pm »

Order my men to drive in the enemy flanks and cut off the enemies from my fight, shoot down the 2 aiming at me. Don't bother aiming to wound.
Caine's law.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2013, 03:19:24 pm »

Mercenary Guard 1
Health: Dead

Mercenary Guard 2
Action: Shooting

Mercenary Captain

You twin MAGGIE machine guns open fire, tearing down the nearest guard. The marksmen fires a bullet into your chest, but it plinks off harmlessly.

Your men begin to maneuver, however it is made difficult by their slow speed. The enemy has backup still getting ready.

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2013, 03:21:27 pm »

Mow down guard two, men continue putting the enemy down without killing.

(( Is it possible to build up a reputation to boost my charisma for this kind of thing? Like a fear/honor bonus? ))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:24:48 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2013, 03:37:59 pm »

Yep, I don't see any problem with that. Though it should probably be noticed that I forgot to put the accuracy score for the machine guns, 3/6 (50/50 chance at standard range). Is that acceptable?

--------------------

Mercenary Guard 3

Mercenary Guard 4
Distance: 200

Mercenary Guard 4
Action: Rushing

Mercenary Captain
Action: Warning

The second guard falls under a well placed volley of bullets, though the captain seems unfazed. Seeing the bullet bounce off your armor, he is now using his radio to send a warning to the rest of his troops, telling them to brink heavier weaponry. Your squad continues to push as you had ordered. It is currently pushing through easily, a few shots have been fired at them but have bounced off the heavy armor. The enemy now has several wounded, however most are bleeding heavily and will die without immediate medical assistance.

The guards have been defeated, however one man, a Lupine with a shotgun, changes from fighting your minions to fighting you, at distance 50. Behind him, a man with a sniper rifle at distance 200 is ready to fight and begins aiming. Another man is ready and joins the fight, and is now rushing toward you until he can get in shooting distance.

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2013, 03:42:21 pm »

Order my men to shoot to kill, order them to act in pairs covering each other as they move and to make it as brutal as possible to scare enemies into surrender. Shred the shotgunner with guns as well.

(( What is standard range? Thats before my reflexes and skill bonus as well right? What does that total at including those bonuses? ))
Caine's law.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2013, 03:53:47 pm »

(( What is standard range? ))

Distance 100, for machine guns.

------------------------

Mercenary Guard 3
Health: Wounded
Additional Status: Minor Bleeding

Mercenary Guard 4

Mercenary Guard 4
Distance: 185

Mercenary Captain

You fire a volley, but the majority of your shots miss, leaving him with a single wound. The shot gunner retaliates, slamming buckshot over your suit harmlessly. The assault rifle man continues rushing. The sniper aims carefully. The captain returns to barking orders.

Your men receive the new orders, and finish off the men they were fighting with. They continue to fight off the enemies without any casualties, however they are slowed a bit. A few more men poor in your enemies support against your minions, but you think if they are looking for heavier weapons, it will take at least 2 turns for more to show up.

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2013, 03:57:06 pm »

Order my men to kill everything on sight, finish the shotgunner and order the closest pair to kill the captain.
Caine's law.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2013, 04:10:15 pm »

Mercenary Guard 3
Health: Wounded
Additional Status: Minor Bleeding

Mercenary Guard 4

Mercenary Guard 4
Distance: 170

Mercenary Captain

You exchange shots with the shot gunner, however you both miss entirely. The sniper shoots you, however it bounces off your armor. The assault rifle man continues to rush.

Your men struggle to follow your orders, as the fighting is holding them back. Your enemy fights back hard this turn. Your team receives one casualty, one of your men was blown to bits by an enemy hand grenade, though his partner escaped damage. The enemy will receive backup next turn.

What do you do now?

-------------
How many men do you have again?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2013, 04:12:21 pm »

Was 10, but damn replacing my men is going to be damned near impossible and this lot ain't even close, this is going to be a serious problem if my men are this weak, I expected that heavy armor to be stronger then that. If all it takes to kill them is a grenade they're all gonna be dead within 1-2 more fights.

Continue killing.

(( Btw how many did we kill so far? I killed 2 how many did my men kill? I wanna work out how many are left. ))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 04:23:47 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2013, 04:23:28 pm »

Your men aren't exactly weak, your enemy has just been getting really good dice.
-----------------------

Mercenary Guard 3
Health: Dead
Additional Status: Dead

Mercenary Guard 4

Mercenary Guard 4
Distance: 155
Action: Crouching

Anti Armor Team
Size: 2 Human
Distance:200

Mercenary Captain

You release a burst from your guns, finally tearing apart the stubborn gunner. The sniper fires a second bullet, managing to actually dent your armor to the left of your stomach, though no damage was done. The captain continues to send orders to his troops. Three anti armor teams arrive, comprised of two men with an anti tank weapon. One fights you, the other starts a fight with your men. They are at a long distance right now, giving you time to counter. 3 more turns until more backup arrives.

Your men start turning the fight around, killing three of the enemy and advancing a little. They are still out of range of the captain.

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2013, 04:26:39 pm »

Form a firing line and then take aim at the enemy, fire on full auto while aiming to suppress. (( Can I do both at once since the guns are controlled by my brain? Just letting the guns fire wildly at the enemy shouldn't require enough focus to prevent us from aiming. ))

(( That sucks lol losing 1 of my men already is a massive loss unless finding somebody who can do augmentations is a lot easier then I expect around here, although I suppose with all the gold around here theres probably some around. ))
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18