Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *IT'S ALIVE!?*  (Read 11475 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *REVIVED*
« Reply #240 on: June 09, 2014, 02:28:54 am »

Right.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2014, 09:13:50 am »

(( That was right ))

Go with him to rescue his sister.

(( Gonna have to rethink my order slightly, I didn't take families of baresarks into account. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 09, 2014, 02:18:54 pm »

Try to put a small hole in the door as before to listen through, if this fails then try picking the locks and sneaking in. Avoid detection at all costs.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination
« Reply #243 on: September 09, 2014, 04:30:07 pm »

....So.........

....Wanna revive again? Herberererer was asking about it earlier, and I have nothing better to do.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 09, 2014, 04:38:09 pm »

Tell the shaman to take cover behind the rock, looking over or around the edge to act as a second pair of eyes looking for elves, and recast his polymorph protection. Stand behind the shaman a little way, so that I still get some slight cover from being shot from directly in front but can shoot past the rock on either side. Something like this:
Code: [Select]
B
S

W

Key: B=Boulder, S=Shaman, W=Wizard.
Then, when he starts casting his polymorph protection and is looking to the front, Fire Bolt him in the back.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *IT'S ALIVE!?*
« Reply #245 on: September 09, 2014, 04:43:41 pm »

Sure I'm still in.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 09, 2014, 07:51:00 pm »

Alright. I read through and remember the rules, now lets see if I can remember all the plots I was writing. No grantees.
-----------------
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...I think you are about to be in combat. That sounds right.

-----

You get into formation with the Catguyshaman, hiding behind him hiding behind a rock. The forest keeps yelling nonsense in strange accents, but is otherwise undisturbed. Nothing happens for moments on moments, turns by turns, months upon months (I am still a little fuzzy on that term.)

Then, suddenly, something sends a swarm of birds flying out from one of the trees, flying from the forest in front to the sky overhead. Looks like they are coming.

What do you do?

-----------

"No sense waiting around here anymore. Lets go."

The man seems a lot more talkative and cheerful once you agreed to assist him, and at once makes preparations to leave.

"We can be seen leaving together, I am sure we will now be spending much time with each other. If you have any last minute preparations, please make them immediately. We must act swiftly."

The large man then walked over to the exit, walking down the stairway with the grace of a water buffalo.

"Ill meet you at the gate." he shouted, before opening up the doors leading out.

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 09, 2014, 08:15:16 pm »

Join him and launch the rescue.
Caine's law.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 09, 2014, 08:33:32 pm »

Alright, I can't remember what the bar or town was supposed to look like anyway, so lets go quickly to the combat then while I can still remember the enemies.

-------------------

You quickly exit the crowded bar, passing through town like a summer breeze. You are soon at the gate, the man leaning against the brick wall. He nods to greet you, and you both begin your journey on foot northward. While the gravel ground isn't spectacularly pleasant on your feat, it doesn't hinder you and your journey is swift. You continue at a brisk walking pace for the rest of the day, eating preserved meats from the man's pack even while in motion. The only other person you see is a messenger riding a swift horse, going in the opposite direction as you. The man stops him, and they chat for several minutes, the first break you had all day. In the end it was worth it, he gave directions to a shortcut that would half the time it took to get there.

You follow the shortcut across a grassy field, finding no trouble. Just as the sun is setting, you see what appears to be a gargantuan, multi colored tent in the distance. It is as big as a castle, a massive mountain of cloth reaching toward the setting sun. Guards with assault rifles patrolled in a hastily made trench around it, the dirt forming a fortification on its edge. Some where smoking, some where looking out with their guns ready, others where just looking off in the distance. A sign reading "Glascoth Circus! REAL freaks from a REAL freaky world!" was displayed prominently on a large sign hanging above the tents entrance flaps, which where currently zipped shut.

"There the are..." the man spoke with venom in his voice, "I'm going to kill them. Looks like they are dug in for the night, they won't be ready to run off..."

What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 09, 2014, 10:34:01 pm »

You get into formation with the Catguyshaman, hiding behind him hiding behind a rock. The forest keeps yelling nonsense in strange accents, but is otherwise undisturbed. Nothing happens for moments on moments, turns by turns, months upon months (I am still a little fuzzy on that term.)

Then, suddenly, something sends a swarm of birds flying out from one of the trees, flying from the forest in front to the sky overhead. Looks like they are coming.

What do you do?
I'm going to assume that the shaman guy is now casting his anti-polymorph spell to protect us from the Elven magic.

I shoot him in the back of the head with a Fire Bolt.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 09, 2014, 11:00:07 pm »

I'm going to assume that the shaman guy is now casting his anti-polymorph spell to protect us from the Elven magic.

Well you assumed wrong. He was smoking two cigarets at once while drinking deeply. I think he forgot where he even is, more so then I did. But the spell still takes effect on you, somehow. Think you already had it on or something. SHAMAN! Now I have to remember how to combat.
-------------------------------------

Nekoshaman
Health: Lightly Wounded
Size:Human
Distance: 30
Action: Boozen' it up
Additional Status: Under the Influence, Light Bleeding

A spark of flame jumps from your staff to the back of the Nekoshaman's head, kicking off his hat and knocking his drink on the ground. You singed a bit of his hair, getting some blood on his cat ears, but only did minimal damage.

"YOU SPILLED MY DRINK!" He yelled carefully, avoiding dropping his cigarets.

Meanwhile, the birds transform into elves with a burst of light and song, (heavy metal and country, depending on the elf), gathering in a group at your flank.

....What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 09, 2014, 11:06:54 pm »

Well you assumed wrong. He was smoking two cigarets at once while drinking deeply.
How unprofessional.

I think he forgot where he even is, more so then I did. But the spell still takes effect on you, somehow. Think you already had it on or something. SHAMAN! Now I have to remember how to combat.
He was sheltering behind a rock, as shown by my diagram.

Shoot him again.
"As agreed, Elves, I have found the only cat-thing who even remembers how to fight, let alone defend itself from your magic, and brought it to a situation where it can be easily dealt with! The other cat-things are sucking up to outworlders, often literally, and will probably be bred out of existence in a generation or two!"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 09, 2014, 11:20:59 pm »

How unprofessional.

Is that not normal workday behavior?

He was sheltering behind a rock, as shown by my diagram.

I meant in a cosmic sense. Duh.

------------------------------------

Fle
Health:Somewhat Wounded
Size:Human
Distance: ??
Action: Hiding?
Additional Status: Under the Influence, Mild Bleeding

You fire another spark or relatively the same size, hitting his left arm and sending up boils.

"Yo-You brought him here! Why would you do such a thing!?!" The head elf asked, shaking in his black tactical boots.

"Hehe...AHAHAHAH!" The shaman began laughing to himself, smoke coming out of his mouth like a chimney. Literally. Huge amounts of smoke began pouring out until the point his body was covered in it. When it was blown away, he was gone.

"Yo-YOU FOOL! YOU BROUGHT THE TERROR OF FLE THE ANTIELF UNTO OUR HOUSEHOLD!" the head elf yelled, while they retreated into the trees. "RUN! HE LURED US OUT INTO THE OPEN!"

Suddenly, a trio of giant Eagles swoop down from the sky above, grabbing elves in their talons and lifting them into the air.

Eagle 1
Health: Perfect
Size:Bear
Distance: 60
Action: Swooping
Additional Status:

Eagle 2
Distance: 80
Additional Status:

Eagle 1
Distance: 100
Additional Status:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:38:59 pm by Stirk »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 09, 2014, 11:56:13 pm »

Pick a spot where the guards aren't paying attention to attack then kill as many as I can quietly before the alarm is raised using my bow.
Caine's law.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 10, 2014, 12:49:54 am »

*Shrug*
Elves got a clear shot at their apparent nemesis, Shaman got a clear shot at a bunch of elves, Magical Arsehole has fulfilled his bargains.
He heads back to the boat.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18