Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *IT'S ALIVE!?*  (Read 11474 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *REVIVED*
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2014, 06:54:15 pm »

"And then what?" he asks, smoking the catnip with a face that could be called "thoughtful" if you are generous, "That plan sure doesn't kill a lot of elves. Besides, walking gives em ten minutes to figure out where we are. I can cast the spell on all of us while we are still in the boat, then we jump off and start killin' elves. With you a bit in front, mah spell could protect us at least long enough to burn the forest to the ground. Haven't you ever heard the phrase 'Squishy Shaman'?" he said, making a face that says "See, I can ask questions too."
"And then I burn them all.
I don't want to take the boat near the forest, and it would attract more attention than two people walking down the beach anyway. Also, when I said that you'd be a bit in front of me, I meant that you'd take cover behind a rock or something and I'd stand back a little so I still have some cover but can shoot past it."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 10, 2014, 04:40:14 am »

'Local. Rainy country. As for trade....' *X5 leaned in closer* 'there will be money earned. Lots of it.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 10, 2014, 02:25:25 pm »

Discreetly move around town and attempt to discover who the ring leaders of the trouble makers reported to be here are.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 24, 2014, 12:52:49 pm »

Sorry for taking so long to respond, school has kept me busy the last few weeks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He nods, his cheeks bulging with food. He swallows the mouthful loudly before speaking "Yes, an interesting offer. Of course, more established chapters have more resources, equipment, and better facilities for me to use, but I would not come here if I wasn't interested."

He put the leg of meat back on the plate loudly and folded his arms. " Ill cut to the chase. I will join you if you do me a favor. A group of Outsiders took something precious from me. I intend to slaughter them. Can you help me with this?"

What do you do now?

-------

"That is kind of an important detail to leave out." he states, shrugging. "Whatever. Any plan involving burning elves is a good plan in my book. Lets get going then!" He then starts marching toward your boat, singing a merry war song about slaughter, catnip, flower hats, and elf burnings.

What do you do now?

-------

He does an odd gesture with his hands before backing away. "N...nno" he stammers. "Cooperating with local or foreign criminals is a mmmajor violation of my contract. Mmmy employers would charge me for all expenses, and leave me here...I hhhave a family who needs the money I make...I cccan't do that!"

What do you do now?

-------------

You leave the food line, making your way up and down another series of hills. You find some more houses, and decide to listen in on conversations drifting in and out of the windows. Most where meaningless to you or to difficult to hear without being seen, but you manage to get a few snippets of conversation about the mine attack. Apparently it was the latest and most grand in a series of smaller attacks, starting with small inconveniences like blocking the entrance and escalating to sabotage and attacks like this. Some people seem to silently approve of the attacks, some even stating they would like to do something similar themselves, but it all seems to be bravado and nobody has any real connection to him.

You finally find something interesting, a house alone on a small hill a good distance away from the rest of the houses. You see a man knock on the door and enter, closing it swiftly behind him, and decide to listen in on the conversation. However, after putting your head to the wall, you find you can't hear anything. The windows are shut as well. Every other house was almost unguarded, the walls thin enough to hear a conversation through even when they aren't damaged, which most are. This house seems to be sound proof, not only that but the windows appear to be tinted. It also seems in better shape then the rest, with no damage, but the paint is still pealing off.

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 24, 2014, 01:46:34 pm »

"It depends on what that precious thing is."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 24, 2014, 06:12:13 pm »

"That is kind of an important detail to leave out." he states, shrugging. "Whatever. Any plan involving burning elves is a good plan in my book. Lets get going then!" He then starts marching toward your boat, singing a merry war song about slaughter, catnip, flower hats, and elf burnings.

What do you do now?
Go with him. Barring other situations, autopilot until we hit the "just before polymorph range" bit.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 25, 2014, 03:34:07 am »

'Trust me when I say it could not be classed as cooperation. I get a map, you get payment on my return. Lots of it.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 25, 2014, 07:36:46 am »

Climb the house and see if any of the windows can be opened without leaving behind any evidence of it or if I can find some way to get inside.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 28, 2014, 09:50:18 pm »

The man hesitates, closing his eyes while keeping his arms crossed. "The precious thing... is my sister." He states hesitantly, without moving from his position. The man then sighed deeply, opening his eyes but keeping them fixed at the wall. "It is the greatest dishonor a man can receive in my tribe, having his family kidnapped by his enemies. It cuts me deeply even to acknowledge it now. Please don't mention this again if it can be helped, not even to me...."

What do you do now?

----------------------------

Really? I was hoping I could get at least ten more posts from pointless conversations....Oh well.

You get in the boat, finding the boat driver holding a fishing pole and leaning back in the seat. You jump in, rocking the boat, and causing him to look up in alarm. The Catguy (You really have to get better with names) hopes in the back and the boat jumps forward on its journey across the lake.

The driver somehow takes a wrong turn (Down instead of straight forward) and you end up in a magical underwater fish kingdom side quest. There are ferocious fish dragons, evil tentacle monsters, and ferociously evil tentacle monster fish dragons. There are good times, bad times, and mediocre times. You end up saving the kingdom and are declared king, but end up losing your hat in the current and go on an epic journey to retrieve it. At one point, you wake up naked and covered in catnip. The whole journey takes 1000 posts and a year to go through, but you just went on autopilot through it. In the end, returning to the surface was such a shock that you lost all skills and items then you had received on this journey. But it will always stay in the autopilot's hearts and minds.

You end up surfacing a little bit from your destination, perfect walking distance. The boat slowly makes land on a rocky beach, at which you get out and start walking. "Its cool. Don't include me in any cool elf killing plans, Ill just stay here and fish..." the boat driver fishing guy said passive aggressively in the background as you walk away.

Then nothing happens and you end up at the edge of the forest, probably just outside polymorphing range.

What do you do now?

------------------

(Failed Charisma roll)

"E-even so I can't...I just can't! I pppay a tax on how much money I make, if I couldn't explain the situation they would assume I made it illegally! And...And I can't just hide it, the penalty would be even worse! I can't sell things on credit anyway! Gooddaysir!" He blurts, reaching up for something in the canopy above him. He finally finishes, slamming down a thin wooden barrier with enough ferocity to frighten several nearby birds into flight.

What do you do now?

------------------

You quickly survey the house, looking for potential infiltration points. You decide on a window on the left side of the house, where anyone looking would have their view blocked partially from a nearby hill. Looking a the window, it appears to be locked from the inside by a primitive latch probably made in this world. Child's play, you pull out one of your glaives in a single motion and slip it under the window, pushing the bolt out of place. You once again hide your weapon and lift the window without making a single sound, quickly vaulting through and shutting it behind you. Nothing was left out of place.

You find yourself in a relatively small room, with almost no light. Your eyes adjust quickly to the darkness with the help of your augmentations, but there is not much here. To one side of the room was a simple hole, the only prominent feature. It seems to be the bathroom. There was a single door that seemed outlined in light, though even it looked surrounded by some sort of insulation.

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 28, 2014, 10:05:51 pm »

Druss stared at the man for a moment then used one of his knives to cut the Palm of his hand and held it out.

"Let us rescue our sister. What information do you have to go on?"
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 28, 2014, 11:46:21 pm »

What do you do now?
Look around for a large rock or a log or something.

The whole journey takes 1000 posts and a year to go through, but you just went on autopilot through it.
Barring other situations, autopilot until we hit the "just before polymorph range" bit.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:48:04 pm by Harbingerjm »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2014, 04:25:39 am »

Find a road out of the place and follow it.

Sigtext

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2014, 07:27:56 am »

Poke a small hole in the wall then listen to see if I can hear the people downstairs. If I can then stay here and listen if not then move room to room until I can.

Avoid detection and search each room for anything about my target and anything suspicious or to do with the rebel activity in town.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 08, 2014, 03:29:54 pm »

The man moves his eyes off the wall, finally making eye contact. He takes out his own knife, making a cut in his own hand. His large hand then clasped yours roughly, the wounds bleeding into each other.

"There is plenty of information, they are incredibly unsubtle when they think they can get away from it." The man states after you break the handshake. "They set up camp just a day north of here, if we act swiftly we can attack before we lose the trail."

What do you do now?
-------
I hope that is what you are going for with the hand cutting, or what he did would have been weird. Also, I should probably name him.
--------------------

Barring other situations, autopilot until we hit the "just before polymorph range" bit.

So.....barring doesn't mean ignoring? Well, ain't there egg on my fist! Oh well, what is done is dawn, no point going back.

----------------------------

You look around the edge of the forest, trying to find a large rock or log or something. You find a nice boulder, about the size of a man, that could make good cover. Then, of course, it starts rustling.

"Oh hey, you guys are back! I never thought I would see you again. Remember me? I'm the rock you passed by that one time! Wasn't that fun?" It begins to speak to you.

"Hey! Hey, its that Shaman guy! Got any smokes? What am I saying, of course you do! I remember how much you love the stuff. You probably have enough for the whole forest!" A nearby tree speaks up. "OI! ANYONE WANT A CIGARETTE!" it rustles into the forest.

"HOW CAN YOU SMOKE CIGARETTES, YOU ARE A TREE!" the bust speaks up in the distance. "WHERE DID YOU GET THEM ANYWAY?"
"THE SHAMAN GUY FROM TOWN IS HERE AND HE BROUGHT SOME CIGARETTES FOR EVERYONE!"
"WHAT? THAT DRUNK WHO IS ALWAYS SMOKING CATNIP IS HERE?"
"YEAH! AND HE BROUGHT A FRIEND! THAT WIZARD GUY FROM EARLIER WITH THE HAT!"
"TELL HIM I SAID HELLO!"
"WHAT?"
"I SAID TELL THAT WIZARD GUY STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO YOU NEAR THE EDGE OF THE FOREST WITH THE CAT-GUY SHAMAN THAT I SAID HELLO!"
"WHAT? I STILL DON'T HAVE ANY EARS"

And soon, the whole magical forest was yelling at each other. Stealthily.

What do you do now?

----------------------

You walk past the shops and the crowd of people, finally finding the main road. It is no less crowded, groups of people or carts or horses box you in as you follow the signs to the best of your ability. The crowds thin the closer you get to the wall in the distance, people ducking into side roads one by one, carts stopping at nearby buildings, and horses galloping off ahead. While you are by no means alone, you at least have some elbow room now.

Soon, after a long hour of walking and stopping in traffic, you finally make it to the other gate. There is a guard, much like the one on the other side, but also much younger and with a happier disposition. He waves you in, brings up a copy of the paper you wrote on entrance, and asks you to sign it confirming you left the city. You think about asking him for directions, but as if guessing your question, he explains that he is new to the job and has never even left the city limits before. He thanks you, and lets you leave.

Looking away, there is a main path that forks in three directions. The middle one is the largest, a well trodden path with worn cobblestones. The one on the left was a dirt road, looking even more worn with dried grass growing in clumps, leading down to an evergreen forest. The one to the right was by far the worst off, a rocky footpath leading up to the mountains. There was no other being to ask here, the only other beast in sight was a single raven pecking at fallen grain in the middle of the path. And even then, once you started walking, it only squawked once before flying off toward the mountains.

What do you do now?

-------------------

You poke a pinhole in the wall with your sword, putting your catlike ears to it and listening intently. You listen intently, but can't make it out. You widen the hole, now big enough to see the padded drywall inside, just barley. You listen once again, now fully understanding the sound. It was a drum beat. A steady *Thump.Thump.Thump*, as if it was the heartbeat of the building. You don't think you can find anything interesting in here.

You exit the room, putting your head to the door and floor, to check for footsteps or other signs of life. Finding none, you open the door. It leads to a medium-size room, probably some kind of living room, but it is difficult to tell with the limited amount of furniture present. The room was illuminated by a single bare lightbulb, hanging from the middle. Below it was a group of rags and padding, scarcely fit for a dog's bed. Nothing else is apparent here, either. You can see the entrance, the door that you saw the man walk through. It was now shut tight, with a verity of low-tech locks and bolts, making it look like the door is a chained prisoner. Just as you are staring at it, it makes a sound. Somebody is knocking on it.

What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 08, 2014, 08:42:56 pm »

So.....barring doesn't mean ignoring? Well, ain't there egg on my fist! Oh well, what is done is dawn, no point going back.
"bar·ring [bahr-ing]
preposition
excepting; except for: Barring accidents, I'll be there."

Tell the shaman to take cover behind the rock, looking over or around the edge to act as a second pair of eyes looking for elves, and recast his polymorph protection. Stand behind the shaman a little way, so that I still get some slight cover from being shot from directly in front but can shoot past the rock on either side. Something like this:
Code: [Select]
B
S

W

Key: B=Boulder, S=Shaman, W=Wizard.
Then, when he starts casting his polymorph protection and is looking to the front, Fire Bolt him in the back.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18