Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *IT'S ALIVE!?*  (Read 11494 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *REVIVED*
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2014, 05:56:14 pm »

I said, ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES!
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2014, 06:20:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Oh, sorry, I didn't hear you." The rustling bush speaks. "You see, as a bush I have no ears. Fortunately, if you yell loud enough, I can tell what you are saying by the rustling of my leaves. "Oi! What did he say?" A nearby tree speaks up, rustling all the while. "He said "ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES!" the bush responds helpfully. "Oh. Tell dat git a tree can't prevent nothin. We be trees." "Aye laddy, I don't think he knows that we be inanimate objects yet. " A nearby rock adds, as it rustles helpfully.

"Oh, sorry. I had better explain." the bush stated, as the rustling in the surrounding objects continued. "You see, we are all explorers, adventurers, raiders, and the like. Well, we are bushes and trees and rocks now, but we used to be explorers and adventurers and other cool stuff. However, the elves of this forest do not take kindly to trespassers, and cursed us into these objects."

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2014, 06:28:32 pm »

"INTERESTING. AND WHAT IS THE POSITION OF THESE ELVES ON THE ISSUE OF CATS?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2014, 06:40:24 pm »

"Cats? Oh, sorry, but I didn't get much chance to ask them. I didn't even see them, they had me transformed before I even realized I was being attacked. However..."

"OI I tink da get is tryan to tell a drty joke! One dat involves cats, bushes, rocks, and trees!"

"Aye laddy. Those are all what they call "Euphemisms". They all refer to genitalia or the surrounding..."

"HOWEVER" the bush continued, ignoring the others. "I have heard rumor that they are at war with the Cat people who live on the other side of the lake for centuries, because they believe cats to be demons. As such, they banish any cat from the forest, often violently."

What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2014, 06:45:24 pm »

"I THINK WE'LL GET ALONG JUUUUST FINE, THEN. AND BY THAT I MEAN THAT IF ANY ELVES ARE AROUND AT THE MOMENT, IF YOU TRY TO POLYMORPH ME I WILL RAIN EXPLODING CATS DOWN UPON THIS FOREST UNTIL THE ENTIRE THING IS A SMOKING RUIN. ALSO, HELLO."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2014, 06:49:23 pm »

"Weight. Ai'nt we part o dah fores now? I be a tree." The tree stated, while rustling and bustling.
"...Oh, I am sorry, but this is probably a bad place to be yelling, isn't it? You are in enemy territory....Also, exploding cats?"

Suddenly, the surrounding forest stops rustling, descending into complete calm for several seconds.

What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2014, 06:56:32 pm »

"WELL WHAT BETTER KIND OF CAT SPELL IS THERE THAN ONE THAT EXPLODES? TWO BIRDS WITH ONE BANG! IT'S LIKE TWINS, OR SOMETHING!"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2014, 09:28:56 pm »

The forest remains silent and unrustling for several moments longer, before someone comes out from apparently nowhere. He (Or she?) was wearing an off-black stealth combat suit from head to toe, disguising most of his/her form. The only visible part of his/her body was long, blond hair that trails behind him/her like a cape. In front of him/her was an off-black UZI STARQ, fully loaded but pointed away from you for the time being.

".....This is odd, we normally polymorph trespassers immediately..." He/she said in an androgynous voice, "But we couldn't bring ourselves to do it this time. Not until we know...."

"Where in the world did you get the fabulous flower crown?"

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2014, 02:47:47 am »

"I used my awesome WIZARD! skills to form it from the very fabric of existence itself! A transformation of base matter into glorious golden hattery! Behold the glory of haltchemy, behold it and rejoice that your eyes have been so blessed!
On another note, I hear you people have a cat problem! Just like home, before it mysteriously caught on fire, exploded and sank at the same time... Good times... Anyway, this has potential to serve BOTH my interests! Take me to your leader! Unless you are the leader, in which case I have a proposal to discuss."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2014, 03:35:18 am »

Huh. Didn't expect to see this back, but hey.

Look for directions.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2014, 11:25:11 am »

He/she nodes, causing the golden hair to shake up and down. "Yes, the queen will wish to speak with you. Follow me." He/she stated excitedly, turning around abruptly into the bush. You follow him, going further into this spooky/happy forest. It is really boring. You can't seem to tell one part of this forest from any other, and everywhere the elves go all noise seems to stop. No talking objects, even the birds and bugs seem to stop singing as the elves (You only see the one, but feel the presence of others) walk in a strieght path.

You eventually stop at a random place, indistinguishable from the rest of the forest. "We are here." your guide states, before vanishing behind a tree. Suddenly, a new voice, a bit higher pitched but just as androgynous, fills the air.

"Your skills in haltchemy are impressive, but nothing compared to my own skills. It is enough for me to let you live, for at least as long as it takes for us to converse. What did you wish to speak with me about?" the random voice stated.

What do you do now?

--------------------------------

I didn't either. Now I have to remember how to play and what I was doing.
--------------

You thank the man, leaving the guards to ask for directions. "Watch yourself" he warned "You know we are watching you.", but he let you past without indecent.

You walk up to the gate, a series of vertical bars blocking the entrance. Next to the gate was a small building, with steel bars over it, giving it the appearance of a high-security toll booth. Inside, there is a guard in a uniform much like the men you had recently spoken to. He stops you, handing you a series of paperwork detailing your name, where you came from, you reason for visiting, weapons, among other useful questions such as giving a finger print. You return them, if you lied, told the truth, or told half truths it doesn't matter to him. He just looks over the papers blankly, with a face that suggests he doesn't believe a word of what you put down anyway. Nevertheless, the vertical bars raise themselves impressively fast, and he waves you through.

You ask the gate guard for directions, but he bluntly states he has no clue, again waving you through. You enter the city, the gate closing behind you. The town itself was rather pleasant, the roads where cobbled with worn stone, the buildings lining the street at even intervals. It almost felt like a small town, as no building was larger then two stories, with most only claiming a single story. The streets had people walking, riding horses, and leading carts down them, but it was by no means crowded. You begin to ask random people for directions, but are turned down, some times harshly with derogatory remarks about your eye, other times polity apologizing for not knowing. Finally, after going further in the city, a man in scholars robes like the firefighter before finally gives you a hint. He didn't know himself, but reported that a nearby tavern owner new everything about the "Rainy Country".

You enter the tavern, asking the man tending the bar for directions. He gets angry, asserting that he doesn't have anything to do with it and never has, and kicks you out. You obey, for now. Guards are watching you already, after all. But as you exit the bar, you finally find someone useful.

"I heard you are looking for directions to the Rainy Country..." A harsh voice you as you exit the tavern. Looking to the sound of the voice, you see what is obviously a beggar. He is in well worn clothing, his entire being looks well worn. Most notably, he was missing his right arm below the elbow. His face had several long scars, one of which seems to have claimed his left eye. "Nobody will tell you about it, right? Of course not. Admitting you know the direction to the Rainy Country is like admitting that you are a criminal. But I know, and am willing to share this information...for a price"

What do you do now?

----------

And now I am back to writing to much and abusing innocent commas.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2014, 05:30:04 pm »

"I heard you have a problem with cat people, so I have a proposal for you. You guide me to the edge of the forest, close to them, and I'll go explodify them."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2014, 05:59:37 pm »

The leader scoffs, perhaps even guffaws, at your offer. "Young Hatchemist, do you think that we would have explodified them if it had been easy? We have been at war for years, and it is now more difficult that the DEMON people, or 'cat' people as you described them, have allied themselves with the Beyond men. Our magic is weak in areas without trees. The demon people across the lake had cut down all of their trees before the war. Do you believe you can explodify something the greatest explodifiers our forest can produce have failed to explodify for all these years?" He/she states, in an elf-like voice.

What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2014, 06:13:24 pm »

"You said yourself you're weak without trees. I'm not. "Beyond men" die like anything else- interestingly."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 27, 2014, 06:30:24 pm »

The elf thinks for a second, before responding. "Perhaps. Fine, I will allow you to attempt the explodification. Really, the deal was pretty much 'I bring you to them and you blow them up.'. This is far too good a deal to pass up, it is simply fabulous. Succeed, and I will even grant you the gift of elven Hatchelmy!" He/she stated.

"Elfven! Lead this man to the boat!" he/she ordered. The elf from before appears in front of you, bows his/her head slightly, and asks you to follow. Soon, you are back at the edge of a lake. The bland hike had nothing of merit, the bushes didn't even rustle.

"Here is your boat." the elf stated, pointing you to a rock. A big rock. "It is in a straight line from here. You can't miss it." he finishes, before bowing his head again and starting back toward the forest.

What do you do now?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18