Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *IT'S ALIVE!?*  (Read 11497 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2013, 04:39:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The white knights continue to rush toward you, ignoring your words once again. The hovercraft fires, scratching armor but not doing any damage. The jeeps fire an inaccurate volley and miss. The tank is 4 turns away now. The infantry continues to stick behind cover.

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2013, 05:39:53 pm »

Continue retreating, hope the knights attack the enemy not me.

(( They won't hit me will they? Should be common sense that I'm on there side considering there enemy is attacking me. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2013, 04:29:09 am »

Hmmm. Go lie down in the field.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2013, 05:32:09 am »

((Charisma was 2))

'His name is Derius Kar. An Otherworlder, a wanted man, and my brother. Which makes him my responsibility.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2013, 06:19:59 pm »

Well first, you should probably decide if they are going to attack you. Lets look at the reasons why to attack you, why not to attack you, and the reasons up to interpretation.

For attacking you:
You are bandits.
Not only are you bandits, you are from our world. Not only are you bandits from our world, but you are augmented. Not only are you augmented bandits from another world, but you are almost completely machine. This, naturally, makes you hated by the people living in this world. Especially people who have been thrown into a bloody war because of bandits from another world.
You are charging their wall.
They attacked bandits who are fighting each other before, if I remember correctly.

Against attacking you:
You are, technically, helping them.
You only have nine guys. Not worth the attention when there is an army coming behind you.

Either way:
You talked to the voice. This could either mean you had already been warned, thus are now shoot on sight, or that you have a better chance of not being attacked. You could always review the speech and see what you think

Do you still want to take the same action?

----------

You leave the bleeding hole you stabbed in the innocent road to lie down in the flowers. Which you also crush, destroying the hopes and dreams of the innocent family of flowers and roads. You monster. You quickly fall asleep on your bed of sin.

You wake up next morning, your cloths wet with dew. The sun is peeking over the other mountains, heating the world almost as bright as your crown. And you are hungry.

What do you do now?

---------------

The man shrugs his shoulders. "Never heard of him. And even if I did, he would probably be using a fake name on the guard's papers. Sorry but..." The man states, shaking his head, before putting his hand to his chin in thought. "Well... Actually, there is a rumor between guardsmen and some traders I heard. Not about your brother, but might help you find him." he then points to the right. "About two countries over, there is supposed to be a large country. This country has always had a problem with crime, we always called it the "rainy country", the thieves guild had it under their thumb. Well, about a week ago, some mage guard, paladin or something, walked in and started stirring things up. There are rumors everywhere, they say he uses some powerful magic to solve crimes and find people. They also say he can take on ten men at once, that he is an otherworlder, that he is secretly running the criminal underground, and that he is a dragon. So take this with a grain of salt."

What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2013, 11:29:36 pm »

Fire off a few catsplosions and firebolts at the lake, see if any fish get killed. If they do, gather them up, if not, continue.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2013, 11:42:12 pm »

Yes.

The final response after I said I'd be willing to help them suggests that he was willing to accept my help, given my men are not as strong as I expected I'm boned without support and the only way I get support is inside that castle.
So it's my only option.

Besides I'm already committed, not as if the bandits are gonna let me walk away now and I'm to slow to out run vehicles even in transport mode, so I either get in or die.

Anyway I'm not mostly machine I still have a fully functional human body, I'm just in a suit of armor that bonds to my body. It can still be removed and my body will function fine.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2013, 05:20:04 am »

'How could I get there?'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2013, 06:41:56 pm »

You cast catsplosion at the water, causing a houscat-size fire cat to leap out of your hands and run through the air toward the water. The cat explodes with a small "Meow", sending up a single fish. You are about to grab it, when the fire cat reforms and steals the fish from you, running across the lake with it before vanishing somewhere in the middle, and taking the fish with it. You shrug your shoulders and cast a fire bolt, creating a massive arrow of fire that creates a large explosion, sending up the remains of several fish. Just when you are about to grab these, the arrow of fire reforms and steals every bit of fish, burning it to a crisp before running across the lake. Such is life.

You continue walking down the road and flowery field. Not much happens. You finally make it to another fork in the road. One side appears to lead to a forest in the shadow of a mountain. The other side leads to a mountain.

What do you do now?

-----------
Anyway I'm not mostly machine I still have a fully functional human body, I'm just in a suit of armor that bonds to my body. It can still be removed and my body will function fine.

Perhaps, but it isn't like anyone in the fantasy world would know that. After all, you have been wearing it this whole time. All they know is that there is some guy with a bunch of wires and machine guns who is shooting random people on their lawn.

----------------------------
Your men continue to retreat, peppering the hovercraft with bullets. The white knights continue to rush at you, one yelling "Out of the way, PutPuts! We don't have time to deal with pond scum, get in our way and you save us from killing you later!". The jeeps and hovercraft open fire, peppering your men but doing no dammage. The tank will be here in 3 turns.

What do you do now?

----------------------

"Your truck?" he states, pointing toward a pile of ash the firefighters finally finished putting out. "In all seriousness, you can get a map pretty much anywhere in town. If you don't have any money to pay for a map, I or someone else could probably give you directions, but there isn't a good chance that information isn't completely accurate."

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2013, 06:46:22 pm »

Spend 3 turns falling back and shooting enemy vehicles, I aim for my men to increase there accuracy.
Caine's law.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2013, 09:31:09 pm »

Head for the forest.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2013, 11:04:53 pm »

Sorry I am a little late, I have been busy.

--------------------

You skip merrily toward the forest, happily singing merry songs about flowers and how the sun will avenge the insults you have brought upon it. It uses the words "In Denmark" and "Incredibly Sexy" seven and a half times, so I am sure you know the song I am speaking of. With this bird like song filling the valley, you are in the forest before you know it. Leafy trees mix with evergreens to create the perfect combination between a happy forest and a creepy forest. It is incredibly dark with no roads, so you of course run through the forest without looking either way.

Several minutes into the forest, you begin hearing rustling all around you. What do you do now?
--------------------------------------

Your men move back toward the castle, while peppering the hovercraft and jeeps with nonlethal fire. The white knights ran right through your unit, as if you where a group of trees. Several of your men were cut when they failed to make room, though only a few were damaged. The jeep and hovercraft also return fire to you, once again dealing damage but no fatalities.  Finally, the large frame of the tank arrives. The infantry begin to mobilize behind the tank, following it on its swift trip toward you and the castle.

What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2013, 12:51:14 am »

"Ho, shifty stalkers, appear before me! Only you can prevent forest fires!"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2013, 05:10:42 am »

Spread out as we retreat so we can only be hit 1 at a time.
Caine's law.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *REVIVED*
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2014, 05:23:33 pm »

Alright. I am bored out of my skull and have nothing to do. Thus, I cast necromancy on this dead post, causing it to rise once again!

Is anyone new interested in playing, or any of the old players still here?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18