Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination *IT'S ALIVE!?*  (Read 11501 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Portal: Fantasy-Scifi Combination
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2013, 12:03:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--------------

Alright, under this system you order your men to do something then take an action yourself. We will have to see how this works. What action do you take?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2013, 04:55:41 pm »

(( If I don't fire can I aim for my men to boost them since we're linked mentally and I'm the core of the hive mind? So I just fall back and while I do so I direct my mens attacks to give them a boost. ))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 06:29:45 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2013, 05:07:05 pm »

Exit the truck and walk away from it. Then blow the gas tank. Walk away, and don't look back.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2013, 07:53:34 pm »

Sure, but it will only be 50% as effective, due to the difficulties of doing to actions at a same time, and we are still adding the difficulty of trying to move while doing this.

-------------
Your men fire a volley of fire at the hovercraft, missing entirely. The hovercraft responds with a burst of fire, denting some of your mens' armor but doing no damage. The jeeps fire a round, doing damage to several of your troops. The infantry continues to cover from a distance. You inch closer to the walls.

What do you do now?
----------------

You walk away from the truck, turning around only to put two bullets into the gas tank. It....starts leaking gas. You quickly come up with a second plan, putting a bullet through the side of the truck, in the cargo. Right through the spare gas tanks. A lot of gas starts to leak into the illicit cargo. You simply pick up a lighter, catch fire to a tobacco plant, and drop it. You walk away as the truck bursts into flames, quickly spreading through the overstuffed cargo hold and into the front. Not quite an explosion, but it will have to do.

Behind you, a church bell is ringing. The city guards are mobilizing. Even if they didn't believe the man before, the fact you set a massive fire in front of their town is reason enough to be suspicious.

What do you do now?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2013, 08:20:46 pm »

You pick several of the flowers, making a hat out of them. Not just a hat, but the best hat. Ever. All craftmanship was of the highest quality. Children will look at this hat and cheer, grown men will gaze at its prettiness and shed tears. Women will throw things at you. Your mom will be proud. All artists of the world will quit their jobs, now being unnecessary. When you walk by, nations will stop their wars to hug each other, only to start a far bloodier war to see who gets to behold your hat more. The only flower hat you have seen better then this was made by you, when you were five years old. This is almost as good as that one...

What do you do now?
Wear my glorious golden crown, continue around lake.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2013, 08:28:34 pm »

(( Thats fine. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2013, 09:52:40 pm »

You begin marching around the lake, proudly displaying the radiant glory of your flower hat for all to see (Well, nobody was there to see it. But if they were here to see it, you would have displayed it proudly.) You were so engrossed in this sacred duty, that you hardly noticed you had been walking for hours. The only reason you even managed to notice is that the sun had begun to set, no doubt running in shame that it could never match your hat.

What do you do now?

-------------
Your men fire a volley of fire at the hovercraft, missing entirely. The hovercraft responds with a burst of fire, denting some of your mens' armor but doing no damage. The jeeps fire a round, doing damage to several of your troops. The infantry continues to cover from a distance. You inch closer to the walls.

What do you do now?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:55:57 pm by Stirk »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2013, 10:06:30 pm »

Gloat at sun, look around, see if there are any trees nearby.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2013, 10:07:20 pm »

Continue to walls aiming my men's shots waiting for help
Caine's law.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2013, 03:02:56 am »

Stand beside the burning jeep, and stand in a non-threatening manner. Tell them you're looking for someone, and have just apprehended a pair of criminals.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2013, 08:09:32 pm »

FOR EVERYBODY:

I was looking at the game play, and thinking how I could make it better. One problem I have with it right now is the d6 system I am using. While it does work OK, it is a little too random. Using a 6 sided die means that there can be six outcomes, and you will get the worse result 1/6 of the time. You will get the best result 1/6 of the time. This makes combat kind of awkward on my end. It also makes it more difficult to allot bonuses, after all adding or subtracting a single point is a major difference when you normal have 1-6. As such, I am considering switching over to a percentile system, that is D100. The core mechanics will stay the same, though the general percentages will change. Is everyone Ok if I rewrite the rules to try out the tweak?

I will probably add some new rules and tweak some of the old while I am at it.

----------------

You raise your fist and mock the firey orb in the sky, as its radiant, life giving light continues to leave over the mountainside. There is a good chance you angered the sun god, and will get minor burns over your skin next time you go to the beach. Horrified, you realize you are right next to a lake, and thus almost near a beach. But for now, the sun is down, the sun gods can't get you....

You look around for some trees. You don't see any. All there is is a dirt road, a lake, and a field of near-infinite flowers.

What do you do now?

------------

You continue your slow crawl to the ever-larger walls, you are now within distance 50 of them! Finally, the mountain like walls give hints of life, with five clouds of dust appearing under the wall. Knights, armed in heavy white armor with a shield and sword, have jumped off of the wall and begin charging....toward you.

Your men fire at the hovercraft, dealing some minor damage to unnecessary structures. The hovercraft retaliates, spraying a futile blast of bullets against your soldier's sturdy armor. The jeeps fire, denting armor but not injuring anybody. The infantry still hides behind cover.

What do you do now?

-------------------

.....Do you remember what your charisma is supposed to be? Somehow, I put it in there twice, two different numbers. First time I rolled charisma for you, but either way you passed.

------------------

You try to look nonthreatening while armed to the teeth and standing next to a giant inferno you had created yourself. Which is more difficult then it sounds, and it sounds difficult. A trio of guards, in chain armor, approach you. The one on either side was flashing a sword, while the one in the middle was standing still. He appeared to be the leader, as he had a small insignia on his armor. "Looks like you caught them, all right. Caught them on fire, that is...." he states, with a sigh. He then looks at you for a minute, as you speak briefly to him,  before sighing again. He then shrugs "Whatever, I guess Other-worlders are out of our jurisdiction. I don't care if you fight between yourselves, but you can't be setting giant fires around my town..." he snaps his fingers, and the group of men put their swords away. A small group of men wielding a large bucket between them come on the scene, accompanied by a man wearing scholar's robes. The water begins to move, and starts putting out the fire like a fire hose.

"Who are you looking for, traveler?" The man then asked.

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2013, 08:50:49 pm »

Continue to retreat and hope the knights are on my side.
Caine's law.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2013, 08:55:45 pm »

I was looking at the game play, and thinking how I could make it better. One problem I have with it right now is the d6 system I am using. While it does work OK, it is a little too random. Using a 6 sided die means that there can be six outcomes, and you will get the worse result 1/6 of the time. You will get the best result 1/6 of the time. This makes combat kind of awkward on my end. It also makes it more difficult to allot bonuses, after all adding or subtracting a single point is a major difference when you normal have 1-6. As such, I am considering switching over to a percentile system, that is D100. The core mechanics will stay the same, though the general percentages will change. Is everyone Ok if I rewrite the rules to try out the tweak?

I will probably add some new rules and tweak some of the old while I am at it.
Sounds fine.

You raise your fist and mock the firey orb in the sky, as its radiant, life giving light continues to leave over the mountainside. There is a good chance you angered the sun god, and will get minor burns over your skin next time you go to the beach. Horrified, you realize you are right next to a lake, and thus almost near a beach. But for now, the sun is down, the sun gods can't get you....

You look around for some trees. You don't see any. All there is is a dirt road, a lake, and a field of near-infinite flowers.

What do you do now?
I take it no islands or rocky outcrops? Commence blasting a hole in the ground with magic.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2013, 04:15:08 pm »

Your men retreat toward the wall, as the knights head toward you. The hovercrafts fire a burst of bullets, but your men are not hit. The jeeps fire a round of bullets, but they do no more then scratching your armor. The infantry continues to stay behind cover. The tank gets closer, it is now about 5 turns away.

What do you do now?

---------------

You use an undefined spell to blast a hole in the middle of the road, as travelers are wont to do. The hole has a little water in it, probably from the low water table due to you being you know, right next to a lake.

What do you do now?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2013, 04:22:53 pm »

Continue as before, tell the knights I'm not the enemy.[\b]
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18