Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If we make a sequel should I let humans make steel in it?

Yes.
- 16 (80%)
No.
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53

Author Topic: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - (Players needed!)  (Read 98515 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - Babies, battles and buzzards!
« Reply #705 on: December 06, 2013, 09:56:40 pm »

*Cough* The fort is humans not dwarves. *Cough*
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 06, 2013, 09:59:27 pm »

Journal of Karkov:

What was a hairy time for us has become much better.  After about a month of dehydration, we have our water back again!  Just so this doesn't happen again, I'm going to suggest to the next leader that we should probably go ahead and keep a stash of booze around somewhere. 

That and we seem to have a shortage of barrels.  Strange.

With the sudden thawing of the ice, one of our number actually fell into the river, along with his wheelbarrow.  He will be missed, and then a slab will be erected in his honor.  Onwards with the creation of the castle!  After everyone gets their drink from the nearest river or pond, of course.

Armok be damned!  The beak wolves are back!

Ooh boy, there's a bunch of them this time.  Grim tells me that their general is here as well, whatever that means.  I'm just going to go ahead and close the gate for now, I'm going to let the next guy take care of it.

Just to add insult to injury, Cango, the man who was acting weird and yelling for items that we don't have has gone insane and is thrashing around.  Thankfully I built a wall around him and his workshop a couple of weeks ago (and finished it today) so we wouldn't have to look at him for a while.  At least this foresight kept us from dealing with a lunatic.  We'll just leave him back there until he starves to death... And then I was told he was a friend to half of the fort.  Oh dear.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:15:07 pm by Karkov »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 06, 2013, 10:05:43 pm »

I'd suggest autodumping him and his stuff out of the river. We can use the clothing and of course wheelbarrow and it seems wrong for us to leave one of our own to rot or be swept away in the current for buzzards to pick at on some riverbank elsewhere.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 06, 2013, 10:08:08 pm »

I'd suggest autodumping him and his stuff out of the river. We can use the clothing and of course wheelbarrow and it seems wrong for us to leave one of our own to rot or be swept away in the current for buzzards to pick at on some riverbank elsewhere.
He actually died inside the fort, in the river.  All I have to do later is stop the river (close the floodgates) and get his stuff.  In the meantime however, we have more beak wolves.  Because screw convenience.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 06, 2013, 10:18:36 pm »

Beakwolves are easy prey for us.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 06, 2013, 10:23:06 pm »

Beakwolves are easy prey for us.

True, but they showed up at the very end of my turn.  It's 22nd of Obsidian.  I've got 6 more days.  The fight would probably take longer than that.

And my turn is done.  Saved and I'm going to try uploading momentarily.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:26:34 pm by Karkov »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 06, 2013, 10:29:02 pm »

Well in that case it's Urist McDwarfs turn next.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 06, 2013, 10:42:25 pm »

Alright, well here should be the save.  Good luck with it, it's pretty chaotic right now.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 06, 2013, 11:08:32 pm »

I love how throwaway the human became because there's so many now. What's the population now?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 06, 2013, 11:14:51 pm »

I love how throwaway the human became because there's so many now. What's the population now?

We were always going to more or less rush the early waves of enemies anyway, we don't have the terrain set up for proper tactics. As we expand we can build up the gates into a proper gatehouse with archers slits and lure the enemy into a hail of death.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 06, 2013, 11:18:51 pm »

I see it as less throwaway and more probably nobody knew him very well. It's still a hard hit because one major disaster and it may be over, plus you know how you kept wanting a professional archer squad? Now we can have one without it slowing down construction on housing or workshops.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 06, 2013, 11:25:36 pm »

It was like, 76* when I ended.

I see it as less throwaway and more probably nobody knew him very well. It's still a hard hit because one major disaster and it may be over, plus you know how you kept wanting a professional archer squad? Now we can have one without it slowing down construction on housing or workshops.

If you're talking about the crazy dude in the workshop, he's actually a friend to half of the fort.

We were always going to more or less rush the early waves of enemies anyway, we don't have the terrain set up for proper tactics. As we expand we can build up the gates into a proper gatehouse with archers slits and lure the enemy into a hail of death.
We have actually quite a defensive area, they're all pretty much funneled to one area, and with a bit of digging, we could make it worse.

*76 with the crazy guy still alive.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 07, 2013, 12:03:53 am »

My idea was fine! Even if we were still at 19, we still had enough for a squad of 2 archers training each month for everyone who wasn't in the army already. By the time it reached whoever is after karkov, they would all be at proficient at the least, adept if they get twice a year
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 09, 2013, 01:43:34 pm »

I've been a bit busy to chase things up regarding the turns, what with my exams and all, so I'm hoping we hear from our current intended player within the next few days since I don't have time to break from studying much.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 09, 2013, 08:48:22 pm »

The download isn't working, try a dffd .zip.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53