Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If we make a sequel should I let humans make steel in it?

Yes.
- 16 (80%)
No.
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53

Author Topic: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - (Players needed!)  (Read 98600 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - Now with migrants!
« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2013, 02:29:38 pm »

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know two things.

1. I changed elk bird and draltha grazing values to those of goats so we can try to domesticate them without them keeling over on us.

2. Highmax and Blackflyme are now axelords.
So I'm not beating his face in anymore?

Awww...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2013, 02:48:52 pm »

Pretty much. We also just got our first mood, so clearly being able to go into a martial trance doesn't affect moods like everyone seems to assume.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 29, 2013, 03:17:21 pm »

People thought moods and trancing were linked? Why? I've had moods in like six different species that I've modded and deleted over the year or so since I started.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 29, 2013, 03:23:08 pm »

I have no idea why the two are associated.

Will finally finish turn. Maybe by the end of winter we'll get seiged.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 29, 2013, 03:37:57 pm »

I have no idea why the two are associated.

Will finally finish turn. Maybe by the end of winter we'll get seiged.
Really? You WANT a siege!?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 29, 2013, 03:59:18 pm »

We have about 7 elite soldiers with iron weapons and the only enemies that would show up at our current population wear no armour and use no weapons. We would butcher anything that isn't mounted, and a lot of things that are.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 29, 2013, 04:39:32 pm »

26th Galena, 195

Last of the birds bugging the town got offed by the dogs. Also got another ogre added to my kill list and put in for a small barracks and housing be dug out for our future caver guards, complete with small apartments for them. Of course they'll probably spend most of their down time near the top of the mine shaft though.

The Elk Birds are keeping their distance from Grim and I while we keep watch down here. They saw what happened to the ogre and guess they'd like to avoid the same fate.

Smart for birds.

27th Galena, 195

Needed to head topside for water. 'Skins ran out. Dunno if the birds will make a move for topside or not with us gone. Did catch a fourth one though, so from what we can tell that's a little under half the group. Pretty sure I counted nine, but there may be a couple more hiding in the shadows of the cave that we haven't explored yet.

Finally got around to assigning personnel to Fel. Still need bows and quivers for them. Edu, Kopka, Omba, and Cango will form our tiny archery force, and they'll practice at the ranges I had built the year before last when they feel like it. We still have too great a need for worker for more professional soldiers. They can use bone and wood ammo for training and if they need to, combat but any metal arrows are for fighting only. Also restricted archery to our bowmen. Any huntsmen who show up will use crossbows and like it.

10th Limestone, 195

Kopka is crazy. She actually chased an elk bird into the waiting cage traps. Guess we'll have at least one exceptionally brave archer backing us up.

11th Limestone, 195

Blackflyme has done well enough that we've all taken to referring to  as an axe lord. Highmax was not far behind.

14th Limestone, 195

Captured the whole damned flock!

We also caught some kind fo weird little... Demon... Thingy I think? It made an angry sound that came out like "Crundle," (though it sounded more strangled and like "KANUNDAL!" when Fel found it while reloading the cages.)
Not sure what to do with it, but it seems somewhat receptive to being fed fish and meat, so maybe we can domesticate them! Sure, they don't look tough, but I think a carpet of angry little red things will at least startle any aggressors, if nothing else.

Proto's been put in charge of domesticating whatever we find down there, and his first idea with the crundle was was throwing a brook lampray at it in the cage, hence the above observations. Says he's gonna try prickle berries with one of the elk birds to see how they respond to being fed as well.

21st Limestone, 195

While we've seen not hide nor hair of the caravan, we did see some of our countrymen on the horizon today. I'll just do the same as before and meet them at the gate to take their names down. Hathur's too smashed to write and he's running around with a bucket on his head in the tavern anyway.

Ebi Palmfathers, Female, Talented Planter
Kor Sunnyblanket, Female, Leatherworker/Crossbowwoman (and her stupid pet cat. The whole damned cat population is probably gonna jump all over her.)
Cudal Paddlecontain, Male, Cheesemaker and Bowman. Had him replace Edu in Fel's band.
Muthe Cradleshield, Female, General metalworker (competant in all relavent fields,) and Swordswoman.
Kon Spinelder, Male, Trapper. Assigned him to help Proto with animal training.
Bestra Practicelead, Male, Animal Dissector
Apsong Jackdream, Female, Talented woodcrafter and skilled unarmed fighter. May assign her and Muthe to Cavern Watch.

1 stray bull yak calf
1 stray sow piglet.

27th Limestone, 195

Muthe and Apsong agreed to watch the caverns. Told them for now they'll have to make due with just swords and shields, the swords having been made from the last of our iron reserves.

24th Sandstone, 195

Things have been going well. Proto's gotten most of the crundles at least sort of under control, we now have drink to get us through the winter, Muthe's squad has weapons and shields to its name now, we were finally able to produce a barrel of mead that Highmax has claimed as his (though he does share it with the children when they ask,) and a few of the new arrivals have homes to call their own.

Sometime earlier in the month, I'm not sure when exactly, we captured to massive animals. Thier calls sound something like "drawltha" or something to that effect so we've decided on calling them that. Not sure what to do with them or the elk birds yet, simply because we don't know how much they eat, just that Proto's been bringing them bales of collected hay, grass, and other farming waste every day for the last month, which seems to be keeping them docile, though not exactly manageable. Pretty sure if we let them out they'd either start killing people or make a bee line for the gate.

3rd Timber, 195

Some of the crundles might go feral if the one that we just heard about is any indication. Ah well, good practice for the mutts to wet their fangs with blood.

5th Timber, 195

Another Crundle went feral; Muthe's on guard duty now, keeping an eye on the crundles and dropping them when they decide to take a bite at her, Kon, or Proto.

10th Timber, 195

Muthe was getting some food and just dropped her plate in the middle of the training area on the way up to the tavern and ran off. Not really sure what to make of that.

-

Seems Muthe's commandeered Squidgen's house and took some brass in with her. Dunno what she intend to do with that in there.

15th Timber, 195

Muthe came out of Squidgen's, looking extremely confused and very hungry, carrying a chain. Honestly I think it's structurally perfect! It's very basic, but the fact that each link as another band of brass circling their flat sides in what looks like near total perfection, I'd say basic is perfectly acceptable. on said bands, it has the word Whippedbruied painstakingly etched into them.

Galka also had a run in with a thief and got a pretty bad cut on his foot the same day. So Galka responded with  using his pick to remove both of the kobold's legs. Omba got involved too, and put two arrows right into the little bastard's midsection. Galka's down in our tomb of a hospital now; Radir says it isn't anything permanent, so after some stitched and a few days to a week or two with a crutch, he'll be fine barring an infection.

28th Timber, 195

I decided my spear has served admirably enough for a name! Went with Tamevises. Not sure why.

4th Obsidian, 195

Year's almost over and marked with a dead yak calf that was too stupid to feed itself and the capture of a cave crocodile that Proto and Kon are setting to training. Shouldn't be too hard, we have a familiarity with alligators so a cave croc shouldn't be too different right?

9th Obsidian, 195

Kopka was storing a fresh barrel of mead when she dropped it on a cat and started shouting something in... Well, I'm not really sure what kind of language that was. Might be dwarven. Anyway, she's taken over the clothing workstation and she's rolling a boulder topside right now.

15th Obsidian, 195

FUCKING. BUZZARDS.

17th Obsidian, 195

The beak wolves come, small in numbers now, but soom more shall appear.

Challenge accepted.

-

8 fled. Killed 6. Grim Killed 3.

21st Obsidian, 195

Kopka finished her project. Has "The Persuasive Glee" stitched into the bottom of it. Not sure why she went with loincloth...

23rd Obsidian, 195

Timeless Bob went after one of the buzzards in the fields. Got some minor cuts and scratches to show for it but he scared it off.

28th Obsidian, 195

Time for another break from overseeing our little town. A horde of elk birds now sits waiting proper taming; got a pasture outside the walls all set for them so Proto and Kon can work with them. It's been a busy year though, and I'm proud to have lead our people through it.

Hey guys. Dibs on first siege. Save will be up in a little bit. Here it is. Hopefully. Any specifics you guys wanna know, just ask, but I did kinda coast along unless something paused the game at the end.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 29, 2013, 04:56:18 pm »

Well, first blood to us then. :)

Good to see we've got artifacts being churned out now, let's just hope we never need anything too odd for them.

Right according to the list it's Karkov who's up next.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 30, 2013, 02:56:50 am »

I'll get to work on it in the morrow, I've got a paper to work on for the next two days and then I should be pretty much be freed up to do my turn.  Dunno if I'm gonna be as eloquent as Splint, but I'll try my hardest. :P

Downloaded the save and it's running, so we'll be good to go when I start it up.

EDIT:  What the fresh hell is up with the assigned skills to everyone?  Who assigned one human to every craft and left him like that?  Okay I'm fixing all of this in the morning.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 03:06:19 am by Karkov »

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 30, 2013, 05:35:07 am »

Lemme guess who that multitask-crafter was: Medi Usinpos
Also, I would like to retry my turn. A new computer will arrive soon,on which I can use to work faster than the steady 10 fps that I have now. It's like my current computer x32.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 30, 2013, 05:37:22 am »

Lemme guess who that multitask-crafter was: Medi Usinpos
Also, I would like to retry my turn. A new computer will arrive soon,on which I can use to work faster than the steady 10 fps that I have now. It's like my current computer x32.

Glad to hear it. :)

Added you onto the turn list again.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 30, 2013, 05:39:10 am »

Thanks

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 30, 2013, 07:49:31 am »

Remember Karkov; we didn't have migrants during most of our turns. I think I'm the one guilty of that but I may be wrong

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 30, 2013, 09:17:15 am »

Since the caravan arrivals have been fairly small groups, which I think is perfectly reasonable. Scavangers, refugees, escaped slaves...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 30, 2013, 10:25:18 am »

Since the caravan arrivals have been fairly small groups, which I think is perfectly reasonable. Scavangers, refugees, escaped slaves...
If it lasts only the year, I'm fine with it. I'd love to see how long humans last without them. The extra migrants seemed only a luxury of what could've been done

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53